i forgot to buy a usb stick !!! silly me

To many years on the hummy

me i will set my dish up with the hummy
Next week

will the spider lasts longer than the Hummy

i just bought my 2'nd reciever

Plessy
10-02-2011, 02:52 AM
Wishing You the best with your new Purchase !

Hope it Brings all that is promised !

Get that Dish Sorted ! ;)

echelon
10-02-2011, 08:05 AM
the box itself should last for years in theory

the card and cam slots also should last for years in theory

so same as your old hummy there , in theory

what is not so certain is how long patches and gifts and cccam and newcamd may or may not last
but you take chances on its abilities when buying any box , including your old hummy

you can use any usb stick , I use a 2 gig one for patching and files etc , just make sure its formatted to fat32 on a pc first , or formatted in the spider first ( still fat32 )

RABBY
11-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Marco

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i ordered a a spider Monday night
Yesterday morning i got it
Thanks to goldwafers.
i have not unraped it so far
i forgot to buy a usb stick !!! silly me

To many years on the hummy

me i will set my dish up with the hummy
Next week

will the spider lasts longer than the Hummy

i just bought my 2'nd reciever

Bloody Hell m8 ? Just seen your PM From the other Day LOL ?? So you have your box ,but no USB Pen Drive ?? :D Keep off the Drink and Get it Working , It is Quite simple:respect-054:

RABBY
11-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Marco

Download this to your Pen Drive m8 ??? Then Put it into your spiderbox ??In the MENU , Go to [USB ] Highlight [ Magic gift ] [S/W UPDATE ] Press the Green button??

What ever you do is NOT TO INSTALL [ S/W+All Data Update ]

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=147014

Have FUN

xanadu
15-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Hey Marco....

Shouldn't this thread be renamed to 'Your Favourite Spider Chat?'

Just seems odd this one doesn't start with your favourite. :D LOL

I will let myself out. :)

blueking
16-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Please Help!

Got my Spiderbox HD9000 COMBO today from Lee at Goldwafers.

1) I can't seem to figure out how to load the latest gift patch s/w, I have read most of the FAQ guides, I can't find the [S/W UPDATE] menu option, How do I load the patch ?

I have downloaded Boxer26_Gift_Patch_HD_7000_0212.u da (unzipped it first) file to the new Pen Drive, then pluged it into the back of the Spiderbox.
Pressed the [MENU] button, then selected the "SD Icon" option and Go to [USB] menu, I can then see the patch file selected in the window.

At the bottom of the screen I can only see the following options RED=Config, GREEN=SaveData, YELLOW=Format, BLUE=Delete and then it flashes > Slideshow.

If I select the GREEN=SaveData option I only get two menu opions [Channel Data(UDB)] and [ALL SW Data(UAD)].

2) The current software that was shipped is V4.24 LDR: Ver 0.21, H/w V1.20.RM (PTC OK), I assumed when I bought it from Lee it was Gift enabled, or do I have to do that later ?

Kind Regards,

Chris

hda5
16-02-2011, 11:01 PM
You have to install the gift patch yourself.

Boxer26_Gift_Patch_HD_7000_0212 is for the SpiderBox 7000 so I don't recommend you go any further until you download the correct file for your box.

You want this file
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=147328

Installing the Patch

EXTRACT the file (*.uad) from the rar file and copy it to your USB stick.
You must extract the file using winzip or winrar or a similar program as the rar file on a USB stick will not be of any use to you.

Insert the USB stick into one of the USB ports in your spiderbox.

Go to the Accessory Section of the menu and select USB.

Scroll to the .uad file you have copied there and press OK

In the popup window, select S/W Update

Wait for your box to load the patch.. DO NOT POWER OFF

The box will reboot by itself with the new patch installed.

Mickha
16-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Once in the USB menu use the arrow buttons, on your remote control, to highlight the patch and press OK, you now get the option for S/W only.
Beaten to it.

blueking
16-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Thanks hda5 & Mickha !

Working fine now, just got to figure out how to setup the Sevice+ and NuevoXtream now.

It's been a long day, I've been waiting a long time to get my Spiderbox, didn't want to do any harm to the box.

I always try to be carefull when loading new s/w on a box I just bought, I glad I asked now as I may of loaded the 7000 firmware by accident.

Thanks for the step by step guide.

Regards

Chris.

blueking
17-02-2011, 12:15 AM
Sorry, got another question about my new 9000 setup.

I tried to follow the "Turning on the patch" guide :
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=130696

But when select the NuevoXstream option, and go to Authorization menu, I don't see a key with 25 digits, it's just blank.

I tried to select "Register" below the key and waited 10 minutes, but it just says "please wait"...

When I loaded the Patch, the only option was "S/W Update", so I hope I haven't deleted the Gift by selecting the wrong update type.

1) What am I doing wrong, do I need to turn something else ON or change my Broadband router settings ?

2) Is there a safe way to remove the USB stick from the box, or do you just pull it out ?

3) Is there a user manual for the 9000HD I can download, I couldn't see one in the box ?

I got the sevice+ working fine! what a fantastic box, love the picture quality, very fast box...

Thanks.

terry l
17-02-2011, 12:29 AM
You don't need NuevoXstream m8, you need to turn on service+..You can download a user manual from the net [google is your friend]..
after loading what you want to load from your stick come out of menu and remove stick..

blueking
17-02-2011, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the tips, I assume that NuevoXstream has been replaced with service+ now.

I do like the new SpinderBox, been using my Sammy 9500 for the last decade or so, lots of new things to learn about now...

hda5
17-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the tips, I assume that NuevoXstream has been replaced with service+ now.

That's correct mate.