PDA

View Full Version : New Motor time

zola25
12-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Well after several years of good service my moteck 2100 finaly died after the storm here.
I hope you have some opinions on these three(feel free to comment on others if you wish) to help me decide they are
1.Moteck 2100a
2.Technomate 2600 metal drive
3.Dark Motor Superior Metal Gear

Now for a bit more info it would be used to drive my gibertini 1.25, i know its a big dish but the old motor did fine for years.Noise is not a problem as i have no neighbours and the dish is not near the bedrooms.
Thanks

tr8.
12-02-2011, 10:22 AM
I know it may not be an option, but I have 2 big heavy dish's and both have the original motors for more than 15 -20 years.
These dishes are channel masters 1.2m & 1.8m, and the motors are 36v jack arms. with VboxII to move them.
Do you have the option of changing the mount to go for a more traditional way of moving the bigger dish's?
Mine have been through some very serious storms and 1 hurricane without damage
It has certainly paid in the long run.

simon 2003
12-02-2011, 11:39 AM
yea 36v everytime but not always an option,as in my case no option so had to go disecq so i went with the techno 2600 metal gears for my fibo 90 dish which is quite heavy,been up about 2 months and so far has not missed a beat am very pleased with it and once set up right hits the max signal on every sat on my arc (39e>24w)everytime,would recommend it

jamesjay
12-02-2011, 11:44 AM
I am with TR8...but if you have a fairly sheltered site (not open to full force of the wind)like I do, you can get away with an H to H 36v motor...I have the Silent Gold with a Vbox and Triax 110 dish, the motor is in it's 8th year and as needed very little attention. It went through the recent gale force winds that knocked down trees, neighbours fences, and even a chimney and is still giving the same signal strength and quality as before the storms.

zola25
12-02-2011, 03:34 PM
The dish is very sheltered where it is so most of the time wind is not a problem,dont think 36 volt is an option the wife would kill me if another box appeared.

springer
12-02-2011, 09:31 PM
There is also the Moteck 2500 which is the metal gear version of the Moteck 2100. As far as I know TM and Moteck motors are one and the same.;)

Barney
12-02-2011, 11:49 PM
i replaced my 36" heavy actuator arm as it took in a lot of water inside over crimbo changed it today with 24" heavy Arm took me and my brother all of 10 mins and is tracking the Arc perfectly 42e - 43 west on my 2 meter prime focus dish very much silent but does require V-box but ive no probs with neighbours and complaints infact my neighbour was only to happy to lend a hand today to make sure i got everything up and running again properly .

But @ Zola25 i would suggest a Tm2600 H-H Motor or the new Darkmotor but a 1.25 meter dish is a bit on the big side it would really likely suit better with an actuator and vbox The V-box is only small and should be easily enuff hidden from preying female eyes you'd only really need to get cable for V-box well hidden/disguised which might be your biggest concern .
But if your mind is made up either Tm2600 H-H Or Darkmotor new version is what i suggest .
cheers have a good weekend ,
-------
Barney

DARKMAN
12-02-2011, 11:52 PM
There is also the Moteck 2500 which is the metal gear version of the Moteck 2100. As far as I know TM and Moteck motors are one and the same.;)

Yes Correct...

DARKMAN
12-02-2011, 11:56 PM
i replaced my 36" heavy actuator arm as it took in a lot of water inside over crimbo changed it today with 24" heavy Arm took me and my brother all of 10 mins and is tracking the Arc perfectly 42e - 43 west on my 2 meter prime focus dish very much silent but does require V-box but ive no probs with neighbours and complaints infact my neighbour was only to happy to lend a hand today to make sure i got everything up and running again properly .

But @ Zola25 i would suggest a Tm2600 H-H Motor or the new Darkmotor but a 1.25 meter dish is a bit on the big side it would really likely suit better with an actuator and vbox The V-box is only small and should be easily enuff hidden from preying female eyes you'd only really need to get cable for V-box well hidden/disguised which might be your biggest concern .
But if your mind is made up either Tm2600 H-H Or Darkmotor new version is what i suggest .
cheers have a good weekend ,
-------
Barney

You are right.. usually big dish is better jack with V-Box 36v even some dishis of that size have diffent kind of holder in back and some time could not even fit to Disqic motor...

But if that fit Darkmotor take even 1.4 m Dish...and the best motor is the new one coming Up next week in UK...Intiligent Darkmotor with led Calculator Display.

Barney
12-02-2011, 11:57 PM
BTW . I've not had any issues or problems with Darkmotor metal gear motor i use it for my 1.1m dish still but i dont need to drive it around very much at all simply because i need dish to be on 16e for updating my Tring TV card .
But its still a perrfect motor and should easily drive any dish upto and including a 1.5 meter dish with correct T & K Wall brackets .
------
Barney

Plessy
13-02-2011, 01:44 AM
Barney :)

I only just dropped in for a Peek!

Great When People Talk about what the really know.....
Nice to see the language toned down on all sides.....
It's Hard to be Humble these days.......

Best Wishes to all at Sat pimps !

zola25
13-02-2011, 08:06 AM
You are right.. usually big dish is better jack with V-Box 36v even some dishis of that size have diffent kind of holder in back and some time could not even fit to Disqic motor...

But if that fit Darkmotor take even 1.4 m Dish...and the best motor is the new one coming Up next week in UK...Intiligent Darkmotor with led Calculator Display.

Hi Darkman
You got anymore info on the new motor? will it be for sale in the sponsors next week

malsat
13-02-2011, 10:10 AM
But if that fit Darkmotor take even 1.4 m Dish...and the best motor is the new one coming Up next week in UK...Intiligent Darkmotor with led Calculator Display.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know more about this new motor also.

gbmitie
17-02-2011, 01:38 AM
I want to fit the gibertini 1.25m to the superior dark motor but cant get a defenitive answer as to whether it will fit snugly with or without brackets/spacers!!

It is a super duper motor, easy to set up and fast and quite. Works top with usals or diseq.

gb--

DARKMAN
14-03-2011, 01:12 AM
I want to fit the gibertini 1.25m to the superior dark motor but cant get a defenitive answer as to whether it will fit snugly with or without brackets/spacers!!

It is a super duper motor, easy to set up and fast and quite. Works top with usals or diseq.

gb--

M8 never i had Gibertini Dish ! if you pous photos here people can help you.....
should be easy for you to imaginet if i gave the shape of the motor..if need it of eny modifiction i do not know !

Darkmotors fit usually in any dish bit not in the dishis need 36v motors.

here is some picture of the latest Darkmotor