PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered 9000HD

BIGTONE
14-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Well I took the plunge and ordered a Spider 9000HD with free gift.
£169.Get them while you can at that price.:respect-055:
Should get that tomo sometime.
Looking forward to the magic screen opening.:respect-040:
What size usb stick do I need for flashing?
Thanks.

Mickha
14-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Not a very big USB stick as the files are quite small, most work, just format it to FAT 32 or use the Spiderbox to format it, you'll fing the setting up is quite easy, and quick.

keith mawer
14-02-2011, 07:06 PM
snap MR BIG TONE . me also!!!!!
i have a 2gb usb stick.( DONT MAKE THE MISTAKE I DID ON MY TECHOMATE IT has to have fat 32 on it not fat) ...... and did a practise run this morning and put latest patch/softcam file /channel list on it !!! ( am i nervous YES!!!!)

AnyAirPlane
14-02-2011, 07:29 PM
I had one delivered a couple of weeks a go from Goldwafers.

Follow the instructions in the stickies for set up, read through a couple of times, then take your time and follow them carefully. It is quite easy to do.

I am very pleased with what can be done.

AAP.

BIGTONE
14-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Thanks guys.
Don't worry keith I'll be in the same boat as you but there are plenty of seasoned spider users to help if we get stuck.
It's like getting a dragon for the first time all over again.:respect-040:

RABBY
14-02-2011, 08:39 PM
BIGTONE

Just Ask m8 ?? Here to Help;)

Think you will Love it :king-042:

AnyAirPlane
14-02-2011, 09:09 PM
i note there is a new softcam for Canal + NL, do I have to follow all the procedure for putting on a new patch, or can I just upload the unzipped softcam straight to the 9000HD?

Thanks

AAP

RABBY
14-02-2011, 09:33 PM
AnyAirPlane

i note there is a new softcam for Canal + NL, do I have to follow all the procedure for putting on a new patch, or can I just upload the unzipped softcam straight to the 9000HD?

Just Load latest Softcam onto you pen drive ?? Install ? In KEY EDIT , Make sure [ UCAS ] Is On;)

toothfairy
14-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Thanks guys.
Don't worry keith I'll be in the same boat as you but there are plenty of seasoned spider users to help if we get stuck.
It's like getting a dragon for the first time all over again.:respect-040:

The spider is simple compared to the dragon, i have both.

johnhenry
15-02-2011, 12:26 AM
Keith and BIGTONE we were all nervous when we first set up thankfully alot of the set up has been fine tuned with first timers coming across problem and BRUTUS, DARKMAN and the others on the team making changes which all have now sorted for smooth set up. Take your time and before each operation just recheck your instructions and especially the name of your file to down load i say this because i nearly loaded a 7000 file into a 9000 box but because i checked it did not happen. Once you are up and running you wont be disapointed brilliant box certainly the right choice for me. Best johnhenry.

mister-t
15-02-2011, 06:05 AM
when i first had my spider,i just printed the stickies off,read them a few times
and just followed what i had printed off

mister-t

tr8.
15-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Its all very easy.
Just remember you need to put in 1111 to get the hidden menu bits.

slarty
15-02-2011, 11:50 AM
I ordered one from Goldwafers yesterday too. Can't wait :woot-035:

TonyO
15-02-2011, 11:55 AM
I've had mine for nearly a year, works well with no real probs.

The choice of channels is wearing out my actuator motor, its always on the move to the next of many many open packages.

ChorleyMatt
15-02-2011, 05:29 PM
I've had mine (HD9000) over a year now and really can't fault it for the money. The PQ is very good given a decent source, updating is a doddle and the channel choice is constantly being improved.

Software updates are regular and are always provided quickly which shows that the support is there.

To anyone buying one all I can say is there's no need to worry - it's so simple to use even I managed it! :D

To anyone thinking of buying one - do it, you won't be disappointed.

chippy
15-02-2011, 05:38 PM
ive had mine for a while now it is an excellent bit of kit. the only thing i would say to a new user is every now and again some of the channels seem to stop working. dont worry its nothing you have done, they will soon reappear. ( i was convinced it was something i had done). any probs just shout.

williamtell
15-02-2011, 05:45 PM
snap MR BIG TONE . me also!!!!!
i have a 2gb usb stick.( DONT MAKE THE MISTAKE I DID ON MY TECHOMATE IT has to have fat 32 on it not fat) ...... and did a practise run this morning and put latest patch/softcam file /channel list on it !!! ( am i nervous YES!!!!)

the biggest hip hip hooray for you mate, saga over [you wont regret unless your isp is crap]:respect-055::bravo-009::respect-040::bowing-036:excuse the sarcasim:o16::D

tench2
15-02-2011, 06:01 PM
ive never done a softcam what is one and would it be beneficial to me im on 1dg west and also 19e
if so could any run through what l have to do in dummy terms for me thks

scallywag
15-02-2011, 08:44 PM
I ordered one from Goldwafers yesterday too. Can't wait :woot-035:

Best place to order one from too

coolseabreez
15-02-2011, 08:54 PM
let me know how you get on,

i keep putting it off buying one,

:respect-053:

keith mawer
15-02-2011, 09:29 PM
well in reply i am over the moon ,,, i sat down this afternoon and the channel list is awesome so ( well done billy bot)////
i did spend 60 mins on hotbird looking for swiss hd.. and then found it under hd swiss!!!!!!

TonyO
16-02-2011, 12:43 AM
If the channels stop working, turn off the server and restart,

Ie, go into network and turn off nuevo or serice+ and exit (save) and then turn them on again.

Works for me.

johnhenry
16-02-2011, 04:23 PM
tench2
ive never done a softcam what is one and would it be beneficial to me im on 1dg west and also 19e
if so could any run through what l have to do in dummy terms for me thks

Turning on UCAS
Go into Menu go into keyedit and turn on the ucas ( third one down ) and exit , then load in via USB the latest spiderbox HD softcam from the spider softcam section

reboot and you should now have ucas with the latest key , and UCAS channels.

BIGTONE
17-02-2011, 11:19 AM
BIGTONE

Just Ask m8 ?? Here to Help;)

Think you will Love it :king-042:

Thanks Rabby and to all the guys.
I have it running now and yes I'm well impressed.
Just like the first days of the dragon.:hurray:

Got the service+ all on and running fine.

Just one question.......
Now I have the service+ running fine do I need to install any additional softcams as well in order to pull anymore channels in or does the service+ pull in all thats available?
I am interested in 39E but I aint a clue what cam.On the A***** site there is too much info to figure out what is what and what is needed.
Many thanks.

Mickha
17-02-2011, 12:40 PM
39E, Bulsatcom, requires loading the latest softcam file and turning the Ucas options on.
Loadiung a softcam file is even easier than loading the patch, just download, and unzip it.
Load it onto your USB stick, connect it to your Spiderbox, go into the USB menu, select it, press OK and Yes to load, it only takes a few seconds.

keith mawer
17-02-2011, 01:45 PM
i did read on another! re softcam files that the guy hit the reset key data THEN loaded the softcam file .

johnhenry
17-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Turning on UCAS
Go into Menu go into keyedit and turn on the ucas ( third one down ) and exit , then load in via USB the latest spiderbox HD softcam from the spider softcam section

reboot and you should now have ucas with the latest key , and UCAS channels.

williamtell
18-02-2011, 01:48 PM
seems to have been a spurt in spider sales of late!;)

keith mawer
18-02-2011, 02:27 PM
yes i guess thats me asking 200 questions haaaaa

john.dat
18-02-2011, 02:41 PM
yes i guess thats me asking 200 questions haaaaa

Don't try and rush into things to quickly, too much info in a short time means 'in one ear and out the other' - take it slowly, Rome wasn't built in a day ;)

BIGTONE
19-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Well for those thinking of getting a spider I would recommend it.
The only prob I have had is loading someone elses edited channel list.But I can live with that.I will edit my own when I have a few hours spare.
For those of you that have kids just be careful if you are channel scanning before you suss out what is what because there are a few naughty channels where you wouldnt expect them to be.
Loads of info(too much info I think) and support available.
Just put a western digital 1Tb stand alone hard drive to the box.I re-formatted to fat 32 and it works a treat.Ill have plenty of space for film recording.
Dead easy to record a channel....just hit record button on remote and off you go.
All in all a great bit of kit that will keep you occupied for hours.:respect-055:

mister-t
19-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Well for those thinking of getting a spider I would recommend it.
The only prob I have had is loading someone elses edited channel list.But I can live with that.I will edit my own when I have a few hours spare.
For those of you that have kids just be careful if you are channel scanning before you suss out what is what because there are a few naughty channels where you wouldnt expect them to be.
Loads of info(too much info I think) and support available.
Just put a western digital 1Tb stand alone hard drive to the box.I re-formatted to fat 32 and it works a treat.Ill have plenty of space for film recording.
Dead easy to record a channel....just hit record button on remote and off you go.
All in all a great bit of kit that will keep you occupied for hours.:respect-055:

glad your sorted mate,i have uploaded my channel list today,have a look
use channel editor to see whats available in it,if you like the way its done try loading it on your spider,if not delete it

mister-t

benzine
22-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Just ordered 9000HD from sponsor myself after reading all positive comments.

Benzine

holmroad
22-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Don't try and rush into things to quickly, too much info in a short time means 'in one ear and out the other' - take it slowly, Rome wasn't built in a day ;)

Very profound John - but very true mate!:respect-055::iagree:

scallywag
22-02-2011, 06:22 PM

No but it was certainly burned in a day:ack2:

keith mawer
22-02-2011, 06:43 PM
had mine 3 days now... i can sum it up in one word
WOW!!!!!!!!!

speedway
22-02-2011, 07:56 PM
let me know how you get on,

i keep putting it off buying one,

:respect-053:

don't be nervous, out of all the boxes i have had so far you won't get a box any simpler to use than this one.
don't forget the support on here is second to none

eddieaok
22-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Just checked today my spiderbox arrives tomorrow

Ed

rkbuttoo
22-02-2011, 08:22 PM
does the box have to connected thru broadband?
how often do the files change and what the full up to date channel line up?

I too am thinking of getting one as diablo can 2 seems to out of date with channel going down all the time.:iagree:

cornishlen
22-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Mine is with me tomorrow, ordered from the sponsors here today. very quick service.
lets hope i can set it up just as quick. thinks i will be looking at all the questions asked here, to get it up and running.

cornishlen.

RABBY
22-02-2011, 09:27 PM
rkbuttoo

does the box have to connected thru broadband?
how often do the files change and what the full up to date channel line up?

Broadband connection needed ?? Have a Look here what is OPEN

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=134466

Barney
23-02-2011, 01:03 AM
simple setup yes internet connection required but useage is very small so no need to worry about Caps unless its terribly poor most decent isp's will offer unlimited useage anyways .
plenty open as Rabby mentioned awesome card reader aswell and Usb to play movies etc..
all in all a great reciever for any newbie members or even older experienced members aswell lots of support and no need to load new files on a daily basis unlike cams diablo etc..
not much to it really just sit back & enjoy after doing initial simple setups .
i have 2 spider 9000's HD boxes running and havnt yet encountered any issues at all .
hope that helps and dont be afraid to ask questions you'll certainly get lots of help from other pimps :sifone::respect-063:
----
Barney

barrysat
23-02-2011, 11:03 AM
hi guys

i have 4 recs, good rec no problems.

keith mawer
23-02-2011, 11:33 AM
took me 12 months to decide on one i was scared stiff!!!!!
had one installed last week and one word describes it wow!!!!

satwyn
23-02-2011, 11:37 AM
7 day epg would be nice