PDA

View Full Version : S4000HDPVR Boot problem

sunil2005
17-02-2011, 02:31 AM
Hi all,
I have reset the Icecrypt S4000HDPVR to the factory default settings and restored saved settings. After restart, the box won't boot. It will start but it is stuck on "RUN..." display state. Please let me know that how can I resolve this issue? Your valued help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Gaza
17-02-2011, 07:55 AM
Hi all,
I have reset the Icecrypt S4000HDPVR to the factory default settings and restored saved settings. After restart, the box won't boot. It will start but it is stuck on "RUN..." display state. Please let me know that how can I resolve this issue? Your valued help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

i would be very intrested in this as i have a receiver here with the same problem it was running ok then this

ManikM
17-02-2011, 10:05 AM
1) is there a serial cable plugged in the back?

2) try using the ART tool and force a reset of your reseller ID.

plaskotki
17-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Hi all,
Hi there, it sounds as you have a software problem. The only solution that springs to mind is using the AAF recovery software. The info on what you need and how to do it can be found here (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=147114).
If you were using it just before it happened, make sure you unplug the serial cable as sometimes it can prevent the STB from booting.

sunil2005
17-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks. I will try all your suggestions.

plaskotki
17-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Thanks. I will try all your suggestions.
Ok. Please let us know how you got on.

Gaza
17-02-2011, 10:53 PM
how long should it take to load the recovery firmware

plaskotki
18-02-2011, 10:16 AM
how long should it take to load the recovery firmware
if everything is connected correctly-about 20 minutes.

joshjess
19-02-2011, 04:10 PM
You need to load the latest s/w on to the root directory of a USB pen, power down the unit and insert the USB pen into the receiver, now power up the receiver while holding down the up button on the front and wait until it finds the USB stick, it will then force a s/w upgrade and this should sort the problem.

Gaza
20-02-2011, 04:33 PM
dont seem to be having much luck here the memory stick flashes as it nomally does but will not load sw from memory stick

joshjess
20-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Try another memory stick, as this is a known issue as well, plus make sure you have unzipped the s/w and its in the root directory

sunil2005
21-02-2011, 01:17 AM
You need to load the latest s/w on to the root directory of a USB pen, power down the unit and insert the USB pen into the receiver, now power up the receiver while holding down the up button on the front and wait until it finds the USB stick, it will then force a s/w upgrade and this should sort the problem.

The USB SAN starts, then stopped after READ 85% and restarted. But still the same problem. Tried different USB sticks. No luck.

reboot
21-02-2011, 06:00 PM
If the firmware has crashed then the only solution is a serial recovery. The official serial loader is Porter Express. You can find it here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=144965

plaskotki
28-02-2011, 10:59 AM
I had a similar situation. I contacted icecrypt and they told me to send it to them. On examination they discovered that the flash memory was corrupted. Not sure exactly what they did, but they resolved the issue and sent it back to me very promptly by next day delivery.

chris217
28-02-2011, 06:51 PM
I had a similar situation. I contacted icecrypt and they told me to send it to them. On examination they discovered that the flash memory was corrupted. Not sure exactly what they did, but they resolved the issue and sent it back to me very promptly by next day delivery.

I sent my receiver back to be sorted out on 21st January and am still awaiting its return. (TBH, I don't miss it that much, my trusty old DM7000S does most of what I need and I find its user interface better.)

plaskotki
01-03-2011, 10:19 AM
I sent my receiver back to be sorted out on 21st January and am still awaiting its return. (TBH, I don't miss it that much, my trusty old DM7000S does most of what I need and I find its user interface better.)
I was lucky then :) Maybe it is taking so long because of half-term? Try to give them a call to check the repair status.

chris217
04-03-2011, 07:00 PM
I was lucky then :) Maybe it is taking so long because of half-term? Try to give them a call to check the repair status.

As if my magic, it arrived back on Wednesday. (Thanks, Ray!)

However, it is sans remote control and it is not the easiest thing in the world to drive using the buttons on the front.

Does anyone know whether it is possible to perform basic control (e.g changing channel) using the telnet interface, please?

plaskotki
07-03-2011, 01:02 PM
As if my magic, it arrived back on Wednesday. (Thanks, Ray!)

However, it is sans remote control and it is not the easiest thing in the world to drive using the buttons on the front.

Does anyone know whether it is possible to perform basic control (e.g changing channel) using the telnet interface, please?

No Idea. sorry.