PDA

View Full Version : hi a 10e pltv/cltv ques plz.....

keith mawer
17-02-2011, 01:48 PM
hiya ., had my new 9000hd spider 2 days..
on eutl 10 re pltv and cltv the signal is about 52 ish! and channels say scrambled...
would i need to enter manually the biss keys for these channels..??
the guy who installed my spider. did put the latest patch on
-------

pauldoherty
17-02-2011, 02:38 PM
hiya ., had my new 9000hd spider 2 days..
on eutl 10 re pltv and cltv the signal is about 52 ish! and channels say scrambled...
would i need to enter manually the biss keys for these channels..??
the guy who installed my spider. did put the latest patch on
-------

I believe that there is a patch to enable the stb to lock onto these channels - but I have only mine set up 1 week and it involves a factory reset, then restoring your settings. So far, I have resisted in case I cock up the gift!

Dorts

chippy
17-02-2011, 05:39 PM
you dont need to load keys manualy, load the latest patch and keep up to date with your softcams. a factory reset is nothing to worry about just follow the instructions step by step.

AnyAirPlane
17-02-2011, 08:14 PM
i agree with chippy, I have had my 9000HD for about 3 weeks now, when I was scanning in on the transponders, I couldn't lock PLTV, the "fix" patch sorted that out. Just follow carefully the instructions in the stickies.

AAP

keith mawer
17-02-2011, 08:31 PM
yaa May be i havnt explained my self
The problem is this ,, the latest patch does not say anything about pltv/cltv HOWEVER the previous one does!!!
so would the latest patch have it on ?????
as for now says SCRAMBLED.

keith mawer
18-02-2011, 12:50 PM
tnks i was informed the biss keYs were!!!!
all i get on eult 10 pltv/cltv/mgM is NO SIGNAL

ramjet
18-02-2011, 01:05 PM
10e is working fine with good reception on my motorised dish and spider 9000HD
try anb fta on 11144h 2442 first , when you get that the pltv and chelsea both open using the patch on 11305v 30000

pauldoherty
18-02-2011, 01:56 PM
I get anb no problem, but it is still flickering in and out of the other 2 - i have uploaded the magicpatch, cleared the keys, and then loaded the boxer patch. I have an 80cm dish

keith mawer
18-02-2011, 02:20 PM
may be i give up on that . only had my spider 2 days and dont want to screw things up with magic patches and then the main patch

john.dat
18-02-2011, 02:35 PM
The latest patch was available on 11th Feb - the latest patch will always contain previous updates ;)

supplied by the Korean Developers Spider Team

ramjet
18-02-2011, 03:02 PM
may be i give up on that . only had my spider 2 days and dont want to screw things up with magic patches and then the main patch

you only need the latest patch from 11 feb 2011 for this task , and its easy enough to check the one you are using in system info so no need for all this not sure business , check it and see.
I also added the latest 15th feb mgm biss key into the keyedit but mgm wouldnt open , pltc and ctv are still fine though

gbmitie
18-02-2011, 03:37 PM
keith, thats a very strong transponder, I get 82 and 90 and I am way west with a 1.1m and a black ultra. 52Q may not be enough but are you uisng the right frequency I use

11305v, 3000 sr and fec 5/6.

What size dish?

And you can check BISS by menu, key edit, ok, arrow left, BISS appears, then look for the frequency 11305 and then read of details to the right, it starts 0000 ...

If not there you have to add it. and its easy peasy.

gbmitie :number-one-043:

Anrakh
18-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Using the latest patch and resetting the key data will ensure the right BISS keys are loaded. Then load the softcam for other keys.
Keith Mawer, no amount of key loads will get a signal back, that's down either to the installation or you have the wrong TP data entered.

quibath
18-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Hi
As I remember keith had problems also with tm @10E.

Few times we suggest to get a prof help with dish :D

markinstien
19-02-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm sorry Guys but there are too many people having an issue with this transponder I have 80% S Strength 70% Quality if the 9000 cant lock (and mine can't)onto a signal that good then how come it picks up channels and descrambles 16east on 25% Quality and locks on.This is not a set up problem this is a BOX/SOFTWARE issue its head in the sand and deny time again! Why doesn't someone admit it and then it might get fixed?

john.dat
19-02-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm sorry Guys but there are too many people having an issue with this transponder I have 80% S Strength 70% Quality if the 9000 cant lock (and mine can't)onto a signal that good then how come it picks up channels and descrambles 16east on 25% Quality and locks on.This is not a set up problem this is a BOX/SOFTWARE issue its head in the sand and deny time again! Why doesn't someone admit it and then it might get fixed?

You obviously don't read others posts ;)

BRUTUS
19-02-2011, 08:11 PM
@Markinstien,
nobody is denying anything. Some have the channels, so it is working fine. Some others are struggling with it, they need to check their installation and load the correct keys (if scrambbled). Simple as that.

keith mawer
19-02-2011, 08:22 PM
well the FTA channels are ok and also i put in the biss keys yesterday FOR mgm and that clears fine,, but impossible fot cltv.plyv the signal quality is 52 ish and says NO SIGNAL.ALSO THE FRQ IS CORRECT AND HAVE THE LATEST PATCH.

gbmitie
19-02-2011, 08:36 PM
If it was a box fault we would have hundreds posting. I can give an example, when .8w changed transponders for tv2pl1 hd at my location I could get nothing diddly squat. Others siad delete old channels, ensure patches are up to date, get a good channel list and so on. did everything and still nothing. I checked the footprint and saw I was on the edge of it, so I surmised that it could be dish problem ie too small or an lnb problem, not sensitive enough or dish out of alignment. I got a new lnb, a black ultra = problem solved, perfect picture.

Channel lists can get corrupted. often a good idea to d/l the latest and re load on box, also check dish, and lnb. Time ages everything, check cables as well, no violent bends, use the best possible cable from lnb to box, it all helps but best of all invest in a black ultra, it rocks. The object is to get the best possible signal quality to that box.

gb--

keith mawer
19-02-2011, 08:57 PM
GB ITS a new receiver had 3 days!!, if mgm is ok and the fta may be its the position of my house!!!!!

mac1million
19-02-2011, 09:05 PM
I have a 1m motorised dish and TM6900 ..I mostly get 10E okay including PLTV and CTV .. although I have found a few times - that I've lost the the signal.. I've generally gotten around this by moving the dish half a degree or so.. then a day or two later reversing the process... I guess my dish could do with a bit of tweaking and re-alignment - but I've not had this issue with other satellites - (I get most of the ark okay).. and so I wonder - especially as several people have had problems with reception of this satellite - whether this is partly to do with the satellite itself..and/or signal strength .... ??

keith mawer
19-02-2011, 09:11 PM
hiya mr m . i have a motor dish and tweeked it so many times!!!!
i think i may just have to live with the fact that the arae in the north of london is just is not good to pick up this signal

quibath
19-02-2011, 09:35 PM
hiya mr m . i have a motor dish and tweeked it so many times!!!!
i think i may just have to live with the fact that the arae in the north of london is just is not good to pick up this signal

Hi
At the same sentence You should inform size of dish (and maybe lnb)

People who want to help You do not have to read ... all posts ;)

keith mawer
19-02-2011, 09:49 PM
well my dish is a 1m type universal lnb..
having read loads of posts seemd the beam is very small compaired with say mgm of the fta all of which i receive , yes even the biss keys for mgm!!
on pltv/cltv , if i go to my remoate it says under info signal is 53,,( spider)
infact on my last techo was 14!!!
But if i hit pltv/cltv it says after a few seconds of no picture....... NO SIGNAL.
may be tonight i will do a rescan 11305 5/6 dvb 8qpsk .

gbmitie
19-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Keith, I just tried MGM me and it would not open!! checked the BISS and it was not there, entered the BISS ie added it and keys and voila it opens. MGM is Horizontal and PLTV is Vertical.

Are you sure you checked under BISS for 11305 if you did can you post the BISS key here and we can check.

I am way west of you and get 82 on 10 east with a 1.1m, with one metre you should get near 90. Whats the a name/make of that lnb and how old and are you using USALS?

gb

ramjet
19-02-2011, 10:05 PM
I would say its an awkward transponder and seems to vary , but I also think its nothing to do with the box or the patches , and yes MGM-ME is much easier to get on that same position. but I would also think that it would be easier in london than it is in the north where I am , using a similar setup

just checked again and all 3 are open on mine and working fine with about 65% signal and quality

gbmitie
19-02-2011, 10:14 PM
@ramjet, I am near the atlantic ocean and get 82 and 88, have a look, its the inverto black ultra lnb its awesome. with a triax 1.1m

goonner
19-02-2011, 10:56 PM
@keith make sure you have 11305 v 30000 dvb-s2 8psk 5/6 as 11305 v 30000 dvb-s2qpsk will give the type of signal you are getting
(mine is 1m dish to the east of you)
hope that helps
goonner

keith mawer
20-02-2011, 12:02 PM
thanks m8s and gooner will re scan in my spider later not too hopeful however,,

ps re the pltv i did enter the biss keys for this a few days back ,,,the same time as mgm biss keys.. as said mgm is fine bot pltv.

holmroad
20-02-2011, 01:28 PM
If it was a box fault we would have hundreds posting. I can give an example, when .8w changed transponders for tv2pl1 hd at my location I could get nothing diddly squat. Others siad delete old channels, ensure patches are up to date, get a good channel list and so on. did everything and still nothing. I checked the footprint and saw I was on the edge of it, so I surmised that it could be dish problem ie too small or an lnb problem, not sensitive enough or dish out of alignment. I got a new lnb, a black ultra = problem solved, perfect picture.

Channel lists can get corrupted. often a good idea to d/l the latest and re load on box, also check dish, and lnb. Time ages everything, check cables as well, no violent bends, use the best possible cable from lnb to box, it all helps but best of all invest in a black ultra, it rocks. The object is to get the best possible signal quality to that box.

gb--

Exactly mate - we cant all be wrong, so poor Keith really must get his dish etc alignment sorted as nobody else seems to be suffering like him!:respect-055:

Satcat
20-02-2011, 02:01 PM
It's back again on 10996V 6888 DVB S2 8PSK 3/4 at the moment.
Try that one Keith...

pauldoherty
20-02-2011, 11:14 PM
I too am having the same problems, with the signal dropping in and out around 54% quality at best - I get the ANB channel no problem.
I understand that the cause seems to be pointing to misalignment / poor quality lnb / etc., but why was there a patch released "to correct locking issues on 10e"? I'm a bit confused.

Thanks

Bye the way, I'm getting 70% signal and 48% quality with ANB