PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed should I buy 9000HD

eddieaok
19-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Hello
I am moving soon maybe in the next 6 months or so and my dish and receiver will have to put away possibly for ever when I move.:o10:..
With my current set up cams patching etc I have seen a steady erosion of the channels I can watch.
The spiderbox seems a good way of regaining viewing of these channels especially Thor 1 West. I would like advice especially from Darkman regarding future support for these boxes as things change rapidly in the satellite world.
Due to lack of money I always tend to buy things later rather than sooner and support tends to fail and channels disappear.
I have an ideal set up ie, south facing garden with a full view of the arc so I can get most sats east to west.
This could be my last investment in sat equipment so I need to make a good buy and sadly possibly my last multi-sat viewing.
So can you please advise should I buy?
Ed.

gbmitie
19-02-2011, 10:21 PM
just get it quick, its on offer at 169 now at goldwafers, see above. forget how long it lasts, its awesome, got the best pic quality of any box I have known and thats a lot. Its so good I have 2.

gbtipp

xanadu
19-02-2011, 10:24 PM
It's upto you what you buy.

Nobody can guarantee eternal support.

Planet earth could be wiped out by Aliens tomorrow.

Spend your cash on beer and food if it's that tight, as that should always be available while crops are still growing.

john.dat
19-02-2011, 11:03 PM
If your moving soon I would think its hardly worth buying now considering you won't be using this stuff when you move .:confused:

echelon
19-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Hello
I am moving soon maybe in the next 6 months or so and my dish and receiver will have to put away possibly for ever when I move.:o10:..
With my current set up cams patching etc I have seen a steady erosion of the channels I can watch.
The spiderbox seems a good way of regaining viewing of these channels especially Thor 1 West. I would like advice especially from Darkman regarding future support for these boxes as things change rapidly in the satellite world.
Due to lack of money I always tend to buy things later rather than sooner and support tends to fail and channels disappear.
I have an ideal set up ie, south facing garden with a full view of the arc so I can get most sats east to west.
This could be my last investment in sat equipment so I need to make a good buy and sadly possibly my last multi-sat viewing.
So can you please advise should I buy?
Ed.

as stated above it seems strange to buy one if you cannot use it in 6 months , and yet you ask about longevity !!

so putting aside the moving or non-use part , here are some facts

01 FACT - all modern boxes can usually take patches , softcams , and possibly C lines and N lines , or both lines

02 FACT - most will take various cards and cams if they have the slots for them

03 FACT - most boxes are now HD so we will assume HD from now on

04 FACT - the spiderbox can be patched and take softcams for ucas

05 FACT - it can also receive cccam and newcamd and can also send newcamd

06 FACT , it has a "gift" or service+ with no time limit at present

07 FACT - even with no "gift" you could make your own arrangements for service , or cam , or card

08 FACT - any or almost any card will work in the spiderbox ;)

09 FACT - its an excellent box at an excellent price

10 FACT -it can be used as a freesat box including FTA HD channels

11 FACT - it can be used as a pvr for recording and playback using usb hdd or memory stick

12 FACT - it can playback mp3 , jpeg pictures , and many divx files too

13 FACT - assuming it does not go faulty you will always get something on it , even if its only FTA HD and SD channels

14 FACT - it works on single dishes , diseqc switches and diseqc motors

15 FACT - the 9000 can output rf on its aerial coax output in SD quality

16 FACT - its easily patched with usb stick , and can easily backup or transfer channel lists , softcams and the box software can also be backed up and restored

17 FACT - its easy to use , good remote control , responsive , excellent picture and sound , can form part of a home network , has constant updates and improvements , and few people will sell one after owning one

18 FACT - it has almost every conceivable output on the current market , hdmi , component , composite , scart and rf on the 9000 model

so no , sit on the fence another 6 months , or dont bother , like various others on here who have dithered for a long time , then buy one and immediately complain because they didnt buy one earlier

there are better boxes out there , but probably not at this price point , maybe double or treble the price , so when you consider this isnt a lot of money but is a lot of box , you pays your money and takes your chances , but I do not think it will become obsolete as freesat is always there

Mickha
20-02-2011, 01:07 AM
There was mention of an IPTV version, which might be available now, this does not require a satellite dish so might suit your needs.

eddieaok
20-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Just a quick update I an going to order one tonight supporting our sponsor.

speedway
21-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Just a quick update I an going to order one tonight supporting our sponsor.

You certainly won't be disapointed, As echelon has pointed out.There are more plus's than minus's with this box for the money.

Not forgetting the support for this box is second to none

:woot-035:

pauldoherty
21-02-2011, 09:15 PM
You certainly won't be disapointed, As echelon has pointed out.There are more plus's than minus's with this box for the money.

Not forgetting the support for this box is second to none

:woot-035:

I agree - I have just come from a Technomate and I was happy getting Bulsat with a softcam, but now have my Spiderbox for a fortnight or so and it is fantastic - plenty of choice for english football and movies, etc. It could quite easily replace sly.

Paul

eddieaok
21-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Thanks Speedway, Paul order going out tonight for one.
How does Spiderbox perform as PVR with attached USB drive?

Ed

BIGTONE
22-02-2011, 12:48 AM
Thanks Speedway, Paul order going out tonight for one.
How does Spiderbox perform as PVR with attached USB drive?

Ed

Easy m8
Format the USB stick/drive via the usb menu on the spider.
Hit the record button on the remote and it records what channel you are on or you can plan timed recording via the EPG.
I'm using an external western digital 1Tb drive with no probs.