PDA

View Full Version : Boot Flash Problem

dcdon86
21-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Hi all,I hope someone can help! I loaded the latest firmware on my s4000hd last week, i was getting a lot of problems with the box hanging and freezing so i decided to go back to the .75 firmware,it dowloaded fine but it wont boot up now,it gets to boot flash and goes no further.I tried the aaf recovery tool but that didnt work,i am getting a bit worried now!!Any help would be greatly appreciated.

reboot
21-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Use the serial loader(porter) to recover the firmware. You can find it here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=144965

dcdon86
21-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the reply,I tried porter express, i have the reciever connected to a pc running xp via serial cable but when I try to download i get the message "open port failed"

ManikM
22-02-2011, 12:59 AM
have u selected the correct com port?

check device manager

dcdon86
22-02-2011, 12:51 PM
I just checked it and its com 1 selected which is right. When i start porter i get the message "waiting for request,reset set top box",i then click download and it says "open port failed",I am starting to get more worried now!!!

dcdon86
23-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Hi all,still no joy here,i have tried porter again and get the same messaage,i tried aaf again and thought it was loading the recovery image as it said it was but i left it for hours and it still didnt work.Any advice please?

reboot
23-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Check your serial port settings in device manager.
I have mine set to the following:
bits per seconds 115200,
data bits 8,
Parity none,
stop bits 1,
flow control none.

I start porter load the firmware, select the com port and then press download.
It says "waiting for request,reset set top box", I then power up the S4000 and it says downloading. It takes many minutes but the progress is shown.

dcdon86
23-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks, i changed my settings to the same as yours but i still get the same. Receiver says "boot flash" and pc says"open port failed!"

dcdon86
23-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Ok,still no luck with porter-same message!,i was playing around with the aaf recovery tool and somehow managed to set the "max bootdesc defaults"? I thought it was working and going to boot up but it didnt,now when i switch on the receiver it says "HDFreaks.cc,then ---flash---,then BOOTING, but nothing else happens,i dont know wheather i have made things worse or not all i know is that i am lost!!!!