PDA

View Full Version : Icecrypt S2000CCI-updated Firmware.

GrumpyDave
26-02-2011, 04:16 PM
hi everyone,
I have just downloaded the latest firmware for the above-v.1.18.78 dated 28/01/11.
What I would like to know is,is there a softcam available to open any packages?
I cannot seem to find anything.
I am so used to updating my Technomate 5400CI+ I just wondered if this box works the same way,or do you have to manually enter keys,which would be a totally new ball game for me.
I have opened channels with my Diablo Cam 2 in this box but I would like to use this in another reciever I have.
Any assistance in this matter would be much appreciated.:respect-054:Thanks.

GrumpyDave
28-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Having posted recently regarding the above receiver and the availability of softcams,I take it no one owns one,as there were no replys to my post.
I know this box is supported with firmware on this Forum but is that it?I cannot find any further information anywhere on this model and its capabilities, it seems it is being left behind due to the popularity of the HD Linux models in the Icecrypt range.
Would anyone care to advise me differently,your answers would be gratefully received so that I can make a decision on what to do with this receiver.
Thankfully, I have several receivers so its not the end of the world for me if this one has to go.
I look forward to any response.Thanks.:confused:

mike p
28-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Hi GrumpyDave,
I too have the above receiver and to the best of my knowledge there is no
softcam available as i have also searched unsuccessfully to find one. However i
may be wrong on this. I manually input the data by hand which i know is a pain
in the backside. If you go to the ICECRYPT section of the forum and look under
Tools & Editors you will find ''Keys for Icecrypt SD models''. Copy this to a usb stick
and dump onto the receiver, I know the Keys will be out of date but it will save you
having to enter CAID's and Provider ID's etc. You can then go into Key Manager and manually update the data. Hope this of some help to you.
Regards,
Mike.