PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions

eddieaok
27-02-2011, 06:56 PM
:confused: with previous sat receivers I have always used DiSEqC 1.2 for motorcontrol.
For easy set up I have used an existing USALS channel list.
The spiderbox finds each sat position but moves in a sequence of short steps, should this not be one continous movement?
How do add or delete satellites in the menu list.

Thanks

Ed

ramjet
27-02-2011, 06:59 PM
the short steps seem to be standard for some reason , mine does the same

scroll through the sats in motor control/satellite until you find the newsats listed from 1 upwards and add what you need in there

BeeKay
27-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Mine moves in one continuous movement from sat to sat and I use DiSEqC 1.2.

Just a thought, is the drive step set to off in the motor set up?

Hope you get it sorted.:respect-055:

toothfairy
27-02-2011, 07:49 PM
I use DiSEqC 1.2 on mine and one continuous movement

burridge
27-02-2011, 11:03 PM
you should find the sats with usals change to 1.2 and store position when you get all sats stored leave on 1.2 and it will run smoothly

^^COMPASS^^
28-02-2011, 01:23 AM
:confused: with previous sat receivers I have always used DiSEqC 1.2 for motorcontrol.
For easy set up I have used an existing USALS channel list.
The spiderbox finds each sat position but moves in a sequence of short steps, should this not be one continous movement?
How do add or delete satellites in the menu list.

Thanks

Ed

It would appear you are using a Technomate or a Moteck Motor, setup for USALS which fails to communicate with your Spiderbox correctly

1. Change to Diseqc & you can move from one satellite to another in one constant movement.

2. Change to an advanced motor such as Dark Motor and you will find USALS will work 100% without stop start movement (which doesn't stop at each stored sat location, before it reaches it's preferred chosen satellite.)

keith mawer
28-02-2011, 01:47 AM
hate to say this but i am actually pleased my spider , OR COME TO THAT ANY!!!!receiver,, is not driving my motor dish ,,
i had a techomate driven by my v box,, its fantastic and so so quick and accurate...
so when i had my spider installed last week i ensured the v box drove the dish also!!!! ( just my opinion of course)

terry l
28-02-2011, 09:17 AM
so your using a 36v motor then!!...

satwyn
28-02-2011, 09:46 AM
v box is used to convert diseqc to 36v motor control it will be quicker to locate sats with the 36v option the v box may also have other uses not sure if it will convert 36v to diseqc never used one i can't see why a v box would be used with a diseqc receiver and motor

williamtell
28-02-2011, 12:35 PM
still use my tf55000 to drive my dish with my beloved 36volt[12 years] for spider.:respect-055:

eddieaok
01-03-2011, 08:04 PM
QUOTE=^^COMPASS^^;788970]It would appear you are using a Technomate or a Moteck Motor, setup for USALS which fails to communicate with your Spiderbox correctly

1. Change to Diseqc & you can move from one satellite to another in one constant movement.

2. Change to an advanced motor such as Dark Motor and you will find USALS will work 100% without stop start movement (which doesn't stop at each stored sat location, before it reaches it's preferred chosen satellite.)[/QUOTE]

:respect-055: Compass motor is Motek I will change to Diseqc

Thanks

Ed