PDA

View Full Version : HELP VU+ Duo image flashing problem

ireilly24
28-02-2011, 11:31 PM
hi all please help me i am stuck.

box is new out of the box and i am trying to flash an image.

tried holding the button and powering up to get an ip address but no luck it justs boots as normal.

tried loading via usb but it just boots as normal (dose flash usb very quickly then carries on)

when trying the nul modem way vuutil, it all works fine untill i pless flash then i get cant connect.

i am sort of thinking that there might be something wrong witht the box but if any one can help i would be much appreciated.

also when booting on original image it always is showing starting enigma 2 no matter how long i leave it on for.

thanks ian

chris-k
01-03-2011, 12:27 AM
unzip/unrar the image file,put it on a usb stick,
put usb stick in usb port on box,then turn off power switch at back.
when you turn switch on again ,box should start read the usb and flash new image.
hope this helps

zola25
01-03-2011, 05:15 AM
You could also try a different usb stick i had one that worked fine in my laptop but not in the vu.
Another thing makes sure it is the usb version you are trying to flash and that the files are in the folder vuplus/duo int the root of the usb stick.

sonic1
01-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Also make sure you flash from USB slot in the front and make sure you have nothing in the USB slots at the rear.

satattack
01-03-2011, 10:01 AM
also format the usb first before add the vu files on it some usbs is a little messy i got 3 off them difrent brands and all i hawe to format before ad files to make it work br:sat

hda5
01-03-2011, 11:48 AM
A good start would be to read

Dummies guide to setting up Vu+ Duo (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=133588)

How to install an image is covered in the guide.