PDA

View Full Version : mgcamd

davecabezo
03-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Hi,

I'm having problems installing mgcamd on my DM800.

On the blue panel I have the option to change from ccam to mgcamd but when I change to mgcamd there is no config file. I've downloaded files from Gemini site but can't find the config file for mgcamd, any help appreciated as the instructions I got from the server is "pidgeon" english and hard to follow.

Regards,

Dave

x5
03-03-2011, 07:27 PM
tray usr/keys
i think Gemini dosent host cams anymore.
u may have to manual install Mgcamd

davecabezo
03-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Hi X5,

Don't understand. I seem to have mgcamd installed as in the Blue panel I have a choice of Ccam or mgcamd and then I can start either one but when I go into the DB with DCC I cannot find the mgcamd or the mgcamd config file.
The following was the instructions I received to install the mgcamd, as you can see it's not very clear!!

"for nova i hope u folow this set up
go to bleu panel and throught remot control instal mgcamd 1.35 then instal mgcamd config after that go to var/key you will find a file called newcamd.list open that file and past this line there and make save"

Regards,

Dave

x5
03-03-2011, 10:05 PM
tray this m8
gemini dosent host any cams anymore

davecabezo
05-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Hi X5 Many thanks for the files but I now need a little help installing them. I assume I use DCC but don't know where to install the mgcamd file and do I install the mgcamd config filr in var/etc?

Regards,

Dave

ian
05-03-2011, 07:18 PM
the mgcamd binary file goes into /var/bin and chmod to 755
the other files including the mg_cfg,peer.cfg and newcamd.list go in /var/keys chmod to 644
thats if you download these files from the mgcamd section of this forum and wish to install manually.

but are you not able to just FTP the .ipk file to /tmp and then install from the remote? or does that need a tar.gz file?
im not that well up on enigma2

Ian