PDA

View Full Version : Home Streaming Set Up

eddieaok
03-03-2011, 09:33 PM
At the moment no success :smash:
Downloaded software and followed instructions then entered laptops IP in spiderbox home network settings.
Software points to my selected media folder.
Box shows blank on TV screen when pressing Fn1 on remote.
Does the Spiderbox only recognize certain types of media files.

Ed

keith mawer
04-03-2011, 01:44 AM
how can i say this !!!! what actually is home streaming ,,,
is it from the receiver to the computer!!!!

benzine
04-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Had my box a week & have set up streaming from laptop to Spiderbox using
application available on this site. I created a seperate folder & selected it in
" preference" after starting application. I dragged a film to this folder (avi)
& pressed f1 on box remote. File appears on tele screen, pressed OK & it
played. Hope this helps.

welshpaddy
04-03-2011, 12:33 PM
done as above file appears on screen press fn1 on rcu get message file loading then message this format will be supported later using avi file

ramjet
04-03-2011, 01:17 PM
done as above file appears on screen press fn1 on rcu get message file loading then message this format will be supported later using avi file

as explained above , avi is just a name for a container, the container contains files in various formats of divx and requires different codecs to play the enclosed files , so not all avi are the same format at all , neither are mp3 files or pictures , so the error message is correct if the spiderbox cannot play that particular file, so try a different file and some will work and sone wont. alternatively convert the divx file to a suitable spiderbox format of avi using a conversion tool on your pc

welshpaddy
04-03-2011, 03:49 PM
downloaded k-lite codec pack and avi file will start up and then drop out again

eddieaok
04-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Sorted :respect-055: I was just writing war and peace then success :respect-040:
All settings were correct it appears that certain types of media files are not recognized and do not appear in the Home Stream Server window on the Spiderbox.
.mp4 success, .wmv no good.

Hope this helps anyone else having problems

Ed

p.s works flawlessly

welshpaddy
04-03-2011, 08:17 PM
tried to load a mp4 file still getting the same message " this file will be supported later " is there any more recent software later than october 2009

eddieaok
04-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Googled Mvision is Korean a few sites say developer is unknown.
All point to latest software issue being 1.0.0.1

Ed