PDA

View Full Version : Network server

jocamig
11-03-2011, 01:44 AM
I am considering the spiderbox but there is something I am looking for the complete deal. I have a quite complex system with 8 LNB (toroidal dish) into 4 DVB-S2 cards which are in a server running mythtv (the backend). I also have a DVB-S2 card with a D2 CAM. All of this mess is hidden away in the loft. The house is wired with a network and I have mythtv clients (called frontends) around the house to access the server. System works fine for FTA channels but I also have a french subscription card (TNTsat) with respective receiver. My plan is to replace that receiver with one of the boxes and access streams from the spiderbox using the mythtv frontends. The questions are: can I have network access to it? Can I program recordings over network? If not, can that be achieved somehow? As you may have guessed, my setup is a poor's man IPTV but it is very efficient for recordings. An additional flexible box would be wecome. Sorry for the long description. Regards

jocamig
13-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Bump, could someone tell me if it is possible or not?
Thanks

echelon
13-03-2011, 06:00 PM
didnt understand a word of the above and also fail to see why its posted in the spiderbox section

as far as a spiderbox goes you have 2 ways to watch the channels on it

1) by direct connection from hdmi , composite or scart connection to view one channel only decoded by its service+ or some other facility

2) rf coaxial distribution of one channel using the aerial rf output channel set on say analogue rf channel 30 or 40 or whatever suits local conditions

there is no way to get the spiderbox to send its service+ channels to any other box on a network or any other channels you decode apart from 1) or 2) above

I fail to see any relevance to iptv here and also fail to see any ability to intercept the service+ stream

jocamig
13-03-2011, 08:03 PM
That actually answered the question,
Thanks