PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered 9000HD from sponser

ming
11-03-2011, 01:54 PM
I have just ordered the Spiderbox 9000HD from our sponser and will now start reading the guides. Have also looked at the various patches apart from the gift patch are there any other recommended ones or does the latest have all previous fixes. Thanks in advance,

ps What are Goldwafers delivery times?:respect-055:

ramjet
11-03-2011, 02:26 PM
probably next working day delivery , but could be two or three days

use the latest patch and latest hdsoftcam only

keith mawer
11-03-2011, 02:47 PM
congratulations ming.
i had my techo 6800hd for ages! infact i was dithering for 10 months!! shall i buy a spider or not...
well I DID 10 DAYS BACK and i can assure you its fab!!!!!
just a hint ( as happened to me).. ensure your usb stick for any patches/soft cam updates is set to FAT32!!
AS FOR ME ( AND JUST MY OPINION) i have billys channel list on the spider, i found it really good ,, otherwise if i had done a manuel scan would have taken weeks!!.

ming
11-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Thanks Keith is billys channel list on this site?

echelon
11-03-2011, 03:34 PM
the last billybits channel list is way out of date as its 03 feb 2011 , but there are channel lists posted on satpimps in the channel list section, I would say that quite a few need updating though , but anything is better than starting from scratch , so maybe try the mister-t one

just tidied that section up and it seems we really need some updated march 2011 lists now for all these spider boxes

steeler
11-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Just ordered the Spiderbox 9000 from sponsors, as always superquick delivery recd next day (yesterday) and now reading Echelon,s guide for set up, as we speak. Am confident that as with all my other forays into something new, satellite wise, the info on this site and help from members will see my limited knowledge through.

ming
12-03-2011, 01:59 AM
ups says delivery monday cant wait, so dreambox has until then to wakeup or is in the bin.

mister-t
12-03-2011, 02:29 PM
the last billybits channel list is way out of date as its 03 feb 2011 , but there are channel lists posted on satpimps in the channel list section, I would say that quite a few need updating though , but anything is better than starting from scratch , so maybe try the mister-t one

just tidied that section up and it seems we really need some updated march 2011 lists now for all these spider boxes

the problem is echeleon mate is having the time,but i would say my channel list is about 80% upto date,i try and add the new channels when they come out,also it is pretty easy for anyone using channel lists to amend them as and when necessary,also if any members know of any channels that are no longer working(as long as spider still opens them)or new channels that are missing i will try my best to add them to future channel lists

mister-t

ming
14-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Just received Spiderbox and have a question. Reading the setup guides it looks like you load gift patch straight away. Do i not have to set motor and tune sats in first? Sorry if this is a stupid question want to get it right

john.dat
14-03-2011, 03:24 PM
No m8, just load the very latest patch (4.7mb) onto USB stick (Must be FAT32 formatted) - then load a chann list or spend all week doing your own - decide if you are going to use for the motor USALS or Discequ (with usals you must enter your Long+Lat settings correctly

Adjust settings of the Spider to suit your setup

Load any softcams via USB stick
----------------------------------------------------------
Reload the patch following the instructions to the letter:

1.back up channel data udb only[menu/usb green button].
2.load patch S/W only.(not S/W All)
3.factory reset.
4.menu network turn back on, press 1111 to expand other options.
5.load your channel data back on, enter your long/latitude if needed.

If using softcams, then
6.goto key edit turn ucas back on.
7.reset key data.
8.load softcam

ming
14-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks to all looks like its up and running. Channel list on, patch on, gift up and running well checked a few channels seems fine. Do i need the softcam as well? is it loaded the same way? Now reading the instructions on the vonets to go wireless should be done before tea.

johnhenry
14-03-2011, 06:08 PM
yes you will need latest softcam but dont forget also to turn on UCAS.

ming
14-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Thanks johnhenry i have now done that. Struggling with the vonets though its flashing blue and appearing on the router home page as connected but spiderbox not clearing. Will have to check the settings vonets to router must be ok. Must be a problem between vonets and spiderbox but thought it was plug and play after setting it up on pc.

fivestella
14-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi Guys and Gals.

I am also considering purchasing a Spiderbox 9000HD from our sponsor to replace my excellent TM 6800 Super+ HD box.
I was talking to Lee this morning at Goldwafers if he knew if the movies that I have saved on my HDD from my TM would play through the Spiderbox. It appears both use the .trp file format. He thought that they would, but wasn’t 100% certain.
Can anyone verify this? If not could anyone recommend a program that would successfully play a .trp file on a computer?

Regards fivestella

satwyn
14-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Thanks johnhenry i have now done that. Struggling with the vonets though its flashing blue and appearing on the router home page as connected but spiderbox not clearing. Will have to check the settings vonets to router must be ok. Must be a problem between vonets and spiderbox but thought it was plug and play after setting it up on pc.

i use the vonets and seems to work ok

ming
15-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Finally sorted the vonets last night plugged back into laptop turned normal wireless off and found even though it was flashing blue wasnt working. Clicked on connection and came up with settings errors pressed windows fix and it connected. Then went into network settings on spiderbox and changed mac address to the vonets hey presto.

JUST FOUND OUT DONT CHANGE SPIDERBOX MAC ADDRESS COULD DISABLE GIFT

Not sure what happened to mine then but it was late and i vertually changed every setting

Thanks to A-SAT

A-SAT
15-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Do you mean you changed your IP Address to the Vonets not the MAC address.

You should never mess around changing the MAC address on the Spiderbox as it'll stop the 'gift' from working.

ming
15-03-2011, 02:42 PM
No i definately changed the MAC address (still got it written in front of me) and it came straight on. Just checked Spiderbox network and it now has the original MAC address so not sure whats going on but all channels seem ok. Didnt know it could stop the gift though not seen that noted on any guides i have read maybe it needs adding unless the new patches have fixed it thanks anyway.

echelon
15-03-2011, 02:49 PM
No i definately changed the MAC address (still got it written in front of me) and it came straight on. Just checked Spiderbox network and it now has the original MAC address so not sure whats going on but all channels seem ok. Didnt know it could stop the gift though not seen that noted on any guides i have read maybe it needs adding unless the new patches have fixed it thanks anyway.

the mac address for your spiderbox is used as the gift login , so a vonets mac address wont work

plent of guides or info posts tell you not to change the mac address of your spiderbox , it should match the one on the label inside the box on the motherboard at all times

ming
16-03-2011, 10:21 PM
For some reason the vonets wireless bridge isnt working tonight was fine this morning. The blue light has gone and is only showing orange. Have connected it back onto laptop but still not working. The only change i can see when using the vap11g software it no longer shows my network and i have to input the ssid manually. Has anyone any ideas?

ming
17-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Had had no responses and can only presume its faulty.:confused: how do i return to sponser.:bow-004: Spiderbox is great delivery was good.:respect-053: took awhile to configure vonets my fault. :smash:but cant understand why it would stop working tried everything sorry:ack2:

echelon
17-03-2011, 10:44 PM
phone the telephone number on your paperwork , or possibly email them

H4XoR
18-03-2011, 01:31 AM
Have you tried checking your router settings?
Have DHCP enabled in router settings.

Check encryption key in Vonets matches the key and encryption type on router.

Power off all other wireless devices.

Also power off the router for a few minutes then power on again.

Then reconneect Vonets and see if it now connects to your router.

TonyO
18-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Two things to not do with the spider box;

DO NOT load patch S/W All. (gift gone if you do)

DO NOT change the MAC address.