PDA

View Full Version : bit of advise please

bwfcbezz
11-03-2011, 03:59 PM
hello folks , ive just got a spiderbox 9000 hd , i am planning on setting it up as a 2nd box (using my primary box to control the motor ) with a loop from that box into my spiderbox .
please could somone advise me what my motor settings should be on the spiderbox or should i turn the motor settings off as they will conflict with each other ? any help appreciated - thanks

Tmull
11-03-2011, 06:37 PM
I am driving my Channelmaster1.2 dish with my Tecnomate 6900 and have my Spiderbox set up along side with motor settings turned off.I use a seperate line into the Spiderbox from my Quad LNB so I can use both boxes for recording from the same sat. I dont see why the loop through option wont work though. Downside is three zappers are in use. One for each box and a seperate one for the tv. You made a great purchase in the Spiderbox. Good luck. TMULL

keith mawer
11-03-2011, 08:48 PM
to add my bit , i prefere that the receiver DOES NOT DRIVE THE MOTOR DISH !!
so my vbox drives it, had it with my previous receiver also!

toothfairy
11-03-2011, 09:41 PM
I also use a v box but its because my motor is a 36v one

munir
11-03-2011, 11:57 PM
why can't spiderbox drive the motor?any reson?

hda5
12-03-2011, 01:20 AM
why can't spiderbox drive the motor?any reson?

Spiderbox can drive a motor using DiSEqC 1.2 or USALS. The guys above are talking about 36V actuators which require a VBox II to convert DiSEqC 1.2 to Pulse.

ming
12-03-2011, 01:38 AM
thank god for that just bought a spiderbox and thought shiiiii***t

steeler
12-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Have just set up my 9000 with help from guides on the site. have it looped through a Technomate 5400(driving dish) a Protek and onto Spider. Did find that whilst I turned off motor control on Spider box , when I loaded patch and channel list it picked up default in motor setting and turned motor setting on which had 2 boxes trying to move the dish. Made things interesting for a while. So I would always check motor settings after you have loaded any data that might reset it to avoid problem I had.

bwfcbezz
12-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Have just set up my 9000 with help from guides on the site. have it looped through a Technomate 5400(driving dish) a Protek and onto Spider. Did find that whilst I turned off motor control on Spider box , when I loaded patch and channel list it picked up default in motor setting and turned motor setting on which had 2 boxes trying to move the dish. Made things interesting for a while. So I would always check motor settings after you have loaded any data that might reset it to avoid problem I had.

thanks for that steeler - have you any tips on which settings on the spiderbox motor & sats would help ? as i seem to be having the same problem .
when i switch the spiderbox on ,i get a no signal message despite my prime box controllong the motor & it being on my chosen satellite
hope that makes sense ?
thanks to you all for your input

echelon
12-03-2011, 10:30 AM
thanks for that steeler - have you any tips on which settings on the spiderbox motor & sats would help ? as i seem to be having the same problem .
when i switch the spiderbox on ,i get a no signal message despite my prime box controllong the motor & it being on my chosen satellite
hope that makes sense ?
thanks to you all for your input

the prime box also needs to be put on standby when using the second receiver , otherwise it will block most of the transponders , so unless the channels on both boxes are on the same polarity and high or low settings the first blocks blocks the second box

so place the prime box on the sat required and then place it into standby , then check the second receiver on that same satellite

if motor control is on , avoid using diseqc as you may have problems due to it being stored , wheres usals will work fine from a second receiver or both receivers

satwyn
12-03-2011, 10:47 AM
just to add loopthrough is sometimes problematic even when the main receiver is on stand by it depends on the receiver used try it and see if it works properly the best way would be dual lnb with extra cable to spiderbox

steeler
12-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Hi BWFCBEZZ, I found that you need to switch motor control to off on Spider Box and exit to save the setting, I found the easiest way was to do this, was with LNB loop through disconnected so no motor signals going up the wire till you're sure youve got setting correct, then reconnect loop through cable. Again be careful as I loaded some data to box which reset motor back to " on" again, so worth checking when you load data that settings not corrupted. Other than that have had Technomate,Protek and Spider Box all working fine on loop throughs with technomate driving dish. Have another set up with technomate 6900 driving dish with another Protek on loop through, although this system uses V box so no such problems. Perhaps I've been lucky, but providing youre aware of problems, you should have no difficulty with this type of loop through set up.

bwfcbezz
13-03-2011, 03:04 PM
:hurray:thanks for all your help guys - im up & running - bolton are going to wembley - great days
thanks