PDA

View Full Version : white card and TM-5402HDCI+Super+

mike p
12-03-2011, 01:04 AM
Hi All,

First allow me to start by saying i hope i didnt miss a previous post on the above subject and hope i am not in breech of the forum rules.I bought the above receiver yesterday and loaded the latest patch onto the receiver and then sat down and happily messed with my new toy. I must admit that i am
very pleased with it. I have a s** subscription for my wife and daughter and they have that in its original ****box with full package minus sports Anyhow i was on my way to bed last night when i got an idea to put s** card into my new toy and to my amazement it read the card straight away and is clearing
all channels minus the movies obviously. I am fairly new to all this stuff yet so i thought i would have to do more for this to work. My question is will it update the white card for me in this receiver and i also still have the blue card and it can read the card number but thats it. if i leave this in the ****box for a few days would it reactivate it so i could use it as a freesat card.

Regards,
Mike.

ramjet
12-03-2011, 01:25 AM
bluey wont work at all since last year and a whitey would need the box key adding for the extras like movies to work, no idea if the updater works though but I doubt it

Plessy
12-03-2011, 01:26 AM
It will auto update but that's no good when your better half wants the card back to watch something else....

The other card you mention,, not much use other than Straight Edge for Drawing Small lines, With a Pencil Of course;)

mike p
12-03-2011, 01:42 AM
Hi RamJet,

Thanks for reply........the boxkey you mentioned is that the 10 digit serial number that i can read in the system details menu in the ****box its as follows 00********** and do i convert this to hex first before i add it and on that point where do i enter it? is it under smart card and then N**KeyEdit.

Mike

mike p
12-03-2011, 01:46 AM
Hi Plessy,

Thank you also for your info all greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Mike.

echelon
12-03-2011, 08:11 AM
Hi RamJet,

Thanks for reply........the boxkey you mentioned is that the 10 digit serial number that i can read in the system details menu in the ****box its as follows 00********** and do i convert this to hex first before i add it and on that point where do i enter it? is it under smart card and then N**KeyEdit.

Mike

no it isnt as its 8 hex characters , have a read in the dreambox forums about how to obtain it using the config creator or a scientific calculator and your original sly box

mike p
12-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Hi Echelon,

Thanks for your help and will carry out your instructions.........thanks once again..Mike

mike p
15-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Hi Guys,
I meant to report back before now to say i sorted out the extra channels and all is working fine. It turned out to be alot more straight then i had thought on this model this
was all i had to do.
1.menu
2.smart card press ok
3.card+ press ok
4. N**KeyEdit appears
5.press yellow button
6.enter 10 digit serial number(no need to convert to hex) same as you read in system details in your ****box
7.press exit button and yes to save changes

Hope this will be of some help to somebody and guys thank you all again for help
Mike

GrumpyDave
15-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Mike p- I have been following your post from the beginning.On my Tm 5400 super I use the following.
1.Menu
2.System information.
3.cas menu press ok
4 Press yellow button.
5.settings menu appears.
6.enter 10 digit serial number,as you did.
7.press exit button yes to save changes.
Slightly different proccedure same outcome.
Tm patch makers make it easier for us.
One thing I have now learnt how to use a box key converter, should I ever need to use this method in the future.Thanks to echelon for his post.

mike p
15-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Hi GrumpyDave,
Yes i agree with you its all a learning curve but thats what makes it fun and
interesting i think anyhow. I think we only need the boxkey converted to hex if we
are using c/s client or CCcam but i could be way off the mark on this.
Mike

satpaul
15-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Box works fine on ccam better than the eight legged one if you know what I mean no NDS keys needed:respect-055:

mike p
15-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Hi Satpaul,
LOL....I know what you mean. A quick question out of curiosity can my TM model
act as a server or is it client use only.........many thanks..
Mike

FENEKI
15-03-2011, 10:51 PM
client use only m8 EXAMPUL like TM69/68/ SUPER

mike p
15-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Hi FENEKI,
Thanks for info........Mike

rover
16-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Hi guys, is there a howto, for setting up ccam for this box???

GrumpyDave
16-03-2011, 01:39 AM
Hi guys, is there a howto, for setting up ccam for this box???

Just google the following,How to patch and use cccam on a technomate hd receiver.

The very first entry gives you screenshots and a step by step guide on how to do it.
Hope this helps.

Ark Right
16-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Hi
Does the sly card update in TM5402 or does it need to go in original for update ?
thanks

GrumpyDave
16-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Ark Right.
If you go to the third post in this thread you will see that Plessy has already said that the card will auto update in the TM 5402.
I cannot confirm this but I have a Tm 5400 super which I am told will also auto update. But I have never left the card in long enough to find out!!!!

manic01
16-03-2011, 01:25 PM
No comparision to spiderbox lads, client only on TM.
Spider does both and updates the card.

satpaul
16-03-2011, 04:59 PM
As I put in early post works better on CCcam opposed to the eight legged one