PDA

View Full Version : DM800 second stage installer error

echelon
12-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by passete
Run Dcc Enigma2, Go to "tools", "ipk packages", "upload package", wait a few moment's until the message "done #######" !
Turn Off, and try to install Last nemesis with Web Browser.
checking my dm800 in telnet it seems that my BL is 76 even though my image is fairly new as I only installed it last week , so wondering if I need to use this bl82 installer on mine ? will I retain my current image and settings and what if any benefits will this new BL82 have ?

( I always thought my BL would update when I install a new image ? )

if I actually try that 0.82 ipk I get the following error messages

upgrading dreambox-secondstage on root from 76-r1 to 82-r0

collected errors
error - cannot satisfy the following dependencies for dreambox-secondstage:

dreambox-bootlogo ( >= 7.0 ) cannot find package dreambox-secondstage

execution finished

however , if I boot an image using meoboot from usb stick the installer works ok and installs the loader into the booted image ( but not the flash )

so I am wondering if my second stage has a similar problem to the one davecabezo had ? ( mine is an original dreambox too )

do you have to install gemini to install this second stage loader ?

any info on this please ? thank you

passete
12-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Try Just to Install Last Oozoon On Flash :

# Enigma is of 19.02.2011
# the plugins are of 19.02.2011
# the drivers are of 15.02.2011
# new kernel 2.6.18-r10.0
# secondstage is 81
# changes at EnigmaČ can be pursued HERE

Just after the First Boot, go to menu/setup software management/software update. this normaly will install all new drivers and SS.

http://www.oozoon.de/progs/images/dm800/OoZooN-Image-dm800-20110219.nfi

oldfart
12-03-2011, 11:51 PM
You can't just install a new secondstage if your image doesn't support it! That's why you get dependency errors.
This is one of the reasons I use OoZooN image (experimental) always has latest bootloader.
To find info, from telnet
for secondstage type ipkg list|grep secondstage
for the kernel type uname -r

echelon
12-03-2011, 11:54 PM
no problem , I followed the passette guide above and its now on ss 0.82 in the telnet :)

just couldnt understand why it wasnt up to date in the flash when I could do it in meoboot on usb stick and as my dm800 is about the same ages as davecabezo`s I wondered about it after I saw that his had been updated

oldfart
12-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Yes - I put OoZooN onto davecabezo's 800 - and then updated it - the secondstage updated from 81 to 82 on update. (It was 75 I think) before we started.

echelon
13-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Yes - I put OoZooN onto davecabezo's 800 - and then updated it - the secondstage updated from 81 to 82 on update. (It was 75 I think) before we started.

I have checked in telnet and its correct now at 82 r0

also got cccam 213 working using the script and starting it and must say it was very stable and I was well impressed with it so have no doubt so was he

I am also glad that his sim card was still genuine and think he is better off with the oozoon rather than that other one the shop installed for him , and he can update oozoon or set it to auto-update , its probably running better now than ever before too :D

oldfart
13-03-2011, 12:38 AM
I think the increase in speed is probably because the DVB modules are now up-to-date.
And
he now has an external USB with a swapfile on it. Backups for when he does a re-flash. Room for EPG data (that will be another story!). And room enough for about 2 hours of HD recording.

echelon
13-03-2011, 12:58 AM
yes m8 , just done mine to internal sata hdd and usb too and configured satmate for the epg daily to hdd , as well as adding a swapfile to usb and enabling it

brain
13-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Hi guys
New stuff for me to learn from, but interestingly I have always found meoboot a much more succesful operation. Now that I am basically on Memesis in flash it is no longer available. I seemed to be able to do swap/load to usb etc much more easily than with BA - it is more user friendly and responsive. Roll on the .99 for DM as well as Vu+[ which can only be used with Black Hole].Perhaps one of you could just remind me of swap file process. I also have certainly found this problem of knowing just what stage is in, but the update process descibed above seems to solve it, as well as the two screens on webbootup - the second one being ' if you see this you do not have the correct whatever but just click here and go ahead and all will be installed and it works. One small final point - all images seem to be coming down with 'multiple bouquets disabled atm - took me a couple of reloads to discover setup/system/ customize to regain them - how slow am I!! Brain

echelon
13-03-2011, 11:26 AM
you can use meoboot with oozoon in the flash , or with many other flashes and I uploaded a few yesterday on the forum here or you can download from maybe the ferrari or tunisiasat addons , possibly other addons too

in my case I set the swapfile up using the blue button twice to get into the blue settings and then setup the swap file onto the usb stick as the location and enabled it

also I found the web screen interface for flashing was the older 76 when I started and now has the newer web screens of 81 and 82 if I set the dm up for flashing and checked the web i/f , and its also echoed on the oled on the front of my dm too when booting into flash mode , never mind checking in telnet

I also backup my settings and flashes to the hdd from the system menu , also backing up the meoboot images as well by booting the flash and choosing the backup option in meoboot

brain
13-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Hi Echelon
I had noticed yyour uploads but as I constantly got 'please use Blackhole blue panel to install Meoboot' I thought I was out of luck.I think I may well try the OOzoon in flash and leave the Nem on usb/hdd and use it from there since I do like it. Restoring the meoboot option may offend the BA purists but it was, as I said, very user friendly.
Thanks for the reminder about swapfile, and I too tend not to use telnet, especially as all is now Mac based and the idreamx software is very good, very easy to enter as FTp and has many other really good features. PC is now a thing of the past since even web flashing,with the DM on ethernet is all wi-fi so no wires!! Thanks - brain