PDA

View Full Version : Problem With EitherThe Dish ,Or The Vu+ , Help Please Newbie

tinbin300
13-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Hi every one
I need your advice and Help Please, about 2 weeks a go I bought my husband a
new 1 meter dish with a twin lnb and a diseqc motor and all has been fine until
we had the winds the other day.
A lot of the channels on different satellites will not open, and if some do the picture is unwatchable with picture break up. If I move the dish to 30West some channels open, but as I move the dish back from there to each satellite a lot off the channels will not open.
When it gets to Thor some channels open but with again unwatchable picture breakup, and that is the same with Hotbird 16East Astra19 and Astra28.It happens on not only paid channels but picture breakup on free to air channels on all satellites.
I need you please to guide me step by step on how to go in to any setup find what is wrong ,and if it can be put right PLEASE.
I hope every thing I have told you makes sense.

I have just had a look on a channel that is breaking up on Astra28 free to air channel the SNR is 0 and AGC is 73.
Is there a way of tuning the channels back in Please,if so could you guide me on how to do this.

satwyn
13-03-2011, 03:20 PM
not really you should realign the dish or if you use diseqc 1.2 you could nudge the dish e=w to see if things improve untill you can sort out the problem could be the dish has slipped on the motor or the motor on the pole or your elevation if you intend doing it yourself go to 0 position and then adjust for max signal on thor usially but depends on location

tinbin300
13-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Thank you very much for your reply satwyn, what part of the settings do I go in to
a just 0 position and then adjust for max signal .And when I have found max signal ,how do I save it in the settings.
Could you please give a guide on how to do this please, I would very much appreciate this please.

satwyn
13-03-2011, 05:09 PM
0 position is the highest point of the arc but if you move your dish to thor that will probably be your o position under diseqc 1.3 usals adjusting from receiver is not possible and not needed when everything is set properly so my advice would be to drive the dish to thor and then set the dish for max signal with a meter if possible but otherwise you can view the tv screen if possible you only need slight adjustment as the tracking is only slightly out just to add diseqc 1.2 is the settings for you to be able to manually move the dish but best not go there if you're using usals

tinbin300
13-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Thank you very much again satwyn,I will let you know how it goes.