PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Help regarding Virgin install

Ghostleader
15-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Hi there I'm due to receive my Spiderbox 7000 today (Hurry up Citylink!!) & I just wanted to be clear on the Gift patch process, do I download the latest patch by Boxer26 posted by Compass & then after flashing the receiver just do the Gift activation as discribed in the FAQ section.:confused: Cheers buds, I will no doubt get stuck on somthing else.

echelon
15-03-2011, 11:17 AM
yes , load latest patch and factory reset after , turn service+ on , turn ucas on and reset keydata , add HDsoftcam and channel list , sort out any motor or switch requirements

Ghostleader
15-03-2011, 05:46 PM
yes , load latest patch and factory reset after , turn service+ on , turn ucas on and reset keydata , add HDsoftcam and channel list , sort out any motor or switch requirements

Thanks mate thats brill, It got delivered just after midday & I have only just unpacked it & connected it up as I had to go down the town with the wife:gnorsi:. I have a fixed 4 sat LNB setup with the usual three 13e,19e & 28e & 7e I added at a later date when I found that I couldnt get the spacing required for 9e. I was quite happy to see that the Spiderbox scanned all four sats in about 9 minutes, picture quality is equal to or better (As I said not much of a play yet!) than my old Thomson or new Amstrad $ l y HD boxes & my Technomate 6800HD+. I love how small it is also easy to hide from the wife until a few months later.:respect-054:

terry l
15-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Jeez 9 minute's..[took me longer to connect coax cable's and homeplug's]..Must be getting old!!..

Ghostleader
16-03-2011, 12:19 AM
Jeez 9 minute's..[took me longer to connect coax cable's and homeplug's]..Must be getting old!!..

Lol, yeah over 3400 T.V. channels scanned in & a good few hundred radio channels all scanned in, in under ten minutes, none to shabby.:hurray:

maud
16-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Down load a channel editor prog to your computor,to remove what you dont need.remember to save a working copy of your new list so you have it when doing factory resets,also write down all your other settings for future reference.