PDA

View Full Version : can my recording issues

taffylad
20-03-2011, 04:42 PM
I have a dreambox 800 SE Genuine Box.
Is there a way on the dreambox that I can record on it like sly watching one and recoding another.At the moment I can only record and watch the same channel.

Any help appreciated Thanks in advance.

passete
20-03-2011, 04:49 PM
With single Tuner receivers, you can only record One Channel and watch another channel, on the same Transponder !
With Double or more Tuners, no Problems .

oldfart
20-03-2011, 04:50 PM
How many tuners does your box have (how many satellite cables go into the back)?????

taffylad
20-03-2011, 06:15 PM
only one cable on the SE.
I've been told I can record one and watch another as passette as said but,i'm only been able to watch the one i'm recording,I only use sly uk.
I would like to be able to watch say bbc1 and record channel 5 at the same time but,it won't let me I got to record say bbc1 and watch bbc1.
If I go to record bbc1 all the other channels go very faint and cannot select,only bbc1 I can select which i.e I would be recording.
I don't want to say record bbc1 and watch something on hotbird not yet anyway.

brain
20-03-2011, 07:04 PM
@ taffylad
Do you now if you have more than one tuner? I have an 8000 and it has space for 4 tuners.Did it come with two? I suspect not. If you had two, or could put a second in, you would still only need 1 cable because you would go to setup/service searching/tuner setup and loop through from tuner B to A. Then the two channels would be available but only the vertical or horiz range as for the channel being watched. Full freedom would be with a second cable from another lnb or 2/4 lnb. Hope that helps. Brain

taffylad
20-03-2011, 07:37 PM
@brian
This is the back of the 800 SE.

https://www.goldwafers.co.uk/Dreambox-DM800-HD-SE-DM800HDSE-DM800HD-SE.html

So what your saying Brian I need to fit a twin tuner so two cables fit in. out feed in feed.

Like on the 800 HD

passete
20-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Mate, you have a dm800se, This is a Single Tuner receiver !
As i said on my First Post :
you can only record One Channel and watch another channel, on the same Transponder !"

brain
20-03-2011, 08:25 PM
As Passete says it is a single tuner box. You can take out and put another tuner in including the S2-HD one but I do not know if there is a double tuner. I cant find any reference on line. I was just not sure whether the box had the space for a second. Looking at the box it doesnt look possible. Good Luck - Brain

passete
20-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Nope, 800se = Single Tuner for cable, satellite and terrestrial, one at the time !
You can add an usb Tuner for Terrestrial or dvb/t, but not cable or satellite.
And the original Tuner, is a dvb/s2 ofcorse !

taffylad
21-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Wish I went for a 800 hd now as they got the in and out cables like sly

passete
21-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Wish I went for a 800 hd now as they got the in and out cables like sly

You can obtain the same with an 3/5£ sat spliter !
Or buy the Old Tuners, they still available on dmm site.

taffylad
21-03-2011, 03:22 PM
so when I record could I record bbc1 and watch channel 5 with this little toy or not.
How does it fit aswell passete.
I am a virgin at this stuff to be honest.