PDA

View Full Version : Elite canīt read the USB

Dig Deep
25-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Happened when I tried to go back from C7 to OFW.

Starts with the upgrade screen - telling me that the last upgrade failed and when I press 5 (for upgrade by USB) it said: Insert USB :smash:

Looks like a jtag problem to me. I will investigate more during the weekend but been reading about jtag and it looks like it is not the safest way to go but see no other options !

Hectore
25-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Hello,

Try to put a patch.bin on stick USB, plug it in your azbox, reboot.
You must fall in rescue mode.

Regards.
Hectore

nakata
25-03-2011, 02:10 PM
If you check the Capacity of your usb stick you will see that there is only few megabytes free space, do the following, put the usb stick on the computer and format it to be Fat Now there are some 55.3 mb of free space copy the ORIGINAL pach.bin to the stick and upgrade your receiver formating the application area first, just you finished your receiver will restart,remove your usb stick.and you will see that your receiver will come on the upgrade menu again.DO NOT OFF your receiver.Put your usb stick in to your pc and format it to fat32 using the HP format tool (your usb stick will be full size now) copy the original pach.bin to your usb and put the usb in to your receiver and do the upgrade (formating the application area first) after finishing and rebooting you will have the original firmware installed

i hope that i help you
sorry for my English but English is not my native language and i am old to learn better English

Dig Deep
25-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Well, the problem is that it wonīt read the usb, just tells me to put in usb....
So, no rescue no ftp no usb
However I will try the nakata idea as well. Hate to start jtagging.

nakata
25-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Be sure, it happened to lot of Greek users and this is the only way to go back to the original firmware

Hectore
25-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Sorry, I misread your first post and i wrote a big stupidity for your problem. :07:

Try nakata idea the formating usb stick, this programme make a good cleanup on it.

Otherwise try also usb input back to azbox.

Regards.

Dig Deep
25-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Sorry guys. Wonīt work.
Thankīs for Your input !

jolatacqce
28-03-2011, 09:45 AM
I'm in same situ. as Dig Deep,I'v got original upgrade menu,tried 3 different USB sticks,formatted FAT32,formatted application area,Iget the reading,in all 3 sticks,'No patch files in storage', 'Please check storage'.I'v tried advice in post 7,to no avail.I'm going to buy a new usb and try again,I'll post back results.

Blagi
28-03-2011, 10:55 AM
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=141544 ;)

nakata
28-03-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm in same situ. as Dig Deep,I'v got original upgrade menu,tried 3 different USB sticks,formatted FAT32,formatted application area,Iget the reading,in all 3 sticks,'No patch files in storage', 'Please check storage'.I'v tried advice in post 7,to no avail.I'm going to buy a new usb and try again,I'll post back results.

please try to upgrade the receiver using a formatted usb stick but without formatting the application area

Blagi
28-03-2011, 12:39 PM
This is all provided that the HW itself is OK...

Dig Deep
28-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Think the bootloader is corrupt- next will be an usb-serial and see if that will work.
Maybe I will test if a harddrive connected to the dom will work.
Spoke to Goran about this and he had a few good ideas, this is the meaning ot this hobby - test and test and test again !!

jolatacqce
28-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Hi all,I inserted new usb FAT32 formatted,pressed,UPGRADE. AZBOX,VFD read -out, 'INVALID USB. TV readout,'no valid partition in usb storage. Use usb storage with FAT32 file system. Another night without football! Hope someone comes up with a cure for this problem.

Blagi
28-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Firstly, JaZUP 2 has a tool to format a USB stick properly. Keep doing it, you might succeed if you are persistent. My USB sticks were messed up many times simply by putting them into AZ. Once back in my PC one can see it - "unformatted" etc. messages, "do you wnat to format?" etc. Eventually, however, it might work.

JaZUP 1.3 has the best flashing possibilities for putting the box into Rescue Mode, in conjunction with E2 RC4 and flashing it safely! Keep trying, persevere! Keep changing USB sticks.

Secondly, try booting from a dual boot original FW made by gonsi, over on AZboxHD.es [it has the tool to flash it included!]. That will give you an FTP connection with AZ. Hopefully.

Opensat 5300 para usb de 2gigas: http://www.multiupload.com/ZO531HSBN2

If you manage with this - it's easy... But if the bootloader is severely damaged...

Failing all that - the link I posted above...

So, good luck!

Dig Deep
29-03-2011, 05:39 AM
Yes the usb problem is well known. The port has power but still wonīt read.
Just keep on trying !

valerica
29-03-2011, 07:02 AM
Always use rear usb conn. ; it has more power than the front one due to shorter wires to mainboard .

Cheers ,
Val .

jolatacqce
29-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Tried Valericas suggestion. Still getting 'INVALID USB'. Has anyone succeded in rectifying this problem?

ALBERT
29-03-2011, 09:43 PM
hI
Its only a possibillty.I use to get error message on usb loading.Ifound out azup was formatting and partioning the usb stick.
So it was only showing 64mb so not enought to load usb stick with full file.
So gave errors.
i found a little program called
EASEUS Partition Master - Best Free Magic Partition Manager Software
And it allowed me to delete partions.
ALBERT

jolatacqce
30-03-2011, 07:56 AM
Thank you Albert,I'll try that,I'llkeep ye'all posted. *****! A BIG BIG THANK YOU TO ALBERT. Idownloaded 'EASEUS'.Used this to partition usb.Loaded patch to stick,Powered off stb.Put usb in stb.,powered on and up pops the IP address on vfd.I then used HP FORMAT TOOL,formatted the same usb to FAT32,loaded the latest Enigma2 ver.10 which I am now loading to stb. I hope this is a help to anyone who might have the same problem.Again abig thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread,not forgetting DIGDEEP who started the thread. THANK'S AGAIN ALBERT YOUR A STAR!

Dig Deep
30-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Here it is if You want to try this out !

h**p://www.partition-tool.com/download.htm

I am on my way to test the serial-usb thing. All is working fine but! the Cont+c wont work. The putty will not stop. Tried break as well, no joy.

happyhammer
30-03-2011, 10:57 PM
[QUOTE= All is working fine but! the Cont+c wont work. The putty will not stop. Tried break as well, no joy.[/QUOTE]

i have an elite with the same problem, i'm assuming i damaged the serial port by connecting it up incorrectly. i'd be intersted to know if you find a solution

Dig Deep
03-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Nope, it will be a jtag test now !

Dig Deep
05-04-2011, 11:38 AM
I did find this jtag tool (40€)

Anyone tried something like this ? Looks like it could be a hit

http://www.olimex.com/dev/arm-usb-tiny-h.html

zeini
05-04-2011, 12:43 PM
The best Azbox Yamon Rescue Cable is this (http://www.azboxshop.nl/winkel/de/AZbox-HD-Zubehor/Azbox-Yamon-Rescue-Cable/flypage.tpl.html) (30€ without shipping from Netherland.)

happyhammer
05-04-2011, 01:07 PM
The best Azbox Yamon Rescue Cable is this (http://www.azboxshop.nl/winkel/de/AZbox-HD-Zubehor/Azbox-Yamon-Rescue-Cable/flypage.tpl.html) (30€ without shipping from Netherland.)

Digdeep is asking about JTAG solution, not serial.

@digdeep. Your elite JTAG connector is 14 pin EJTAG conmnector, that photo is a 20 pin JTAG,so the pinouts are probably different, so it would be unlikely to work out of the box.

Also, i don't know anyone who has got the JTAG to work properly on the Elite. A few of us have tried but always we are unable to HALT the processor

Dig Deep
05-04-2011, 06:15 PM
OK, I will keep on searching !

happyhammer
06-04-2011, 09:21 AM
if you can post the output of the serial port when booting, ( where you cant enter CRTL-C to get to YAMON) it would be interesting to see where it hangs.
My elite stops at the ethernet port.

Re: replacing DOM with Harddrive. Just for info, i took out my DOM and put it in working E2 elite, it came into rescue mode, i then put E2 on this DOM, put it back in faulty eliet and still its stuck on booting. So i would not have too much hope that you will reciver your box by replacing DOM as it seems the bootloader NOR flash is corrupt.

Blagi
06-04-2011, 10:50 AM
Will CTRL + C be stuck/non-responsive under Linux OS [say, Ubuntu], also?

Anyone tried with their mouse, this particular command? As in, Copy the command one wants to give, then place the cursor in PuTTy and right click -> you shoould see the command pasted, after which event just hit ENTER on your keyboard...???

Could it possibly work???

Either idea...???

Dig Deep
06-04-2011, 06:52 PM
if you can post the output of the serial port when booting, ( where you cant enter CRTL-C to get to YAMON) it would be interesting to see where it hangs.
My elite stops at the ethernet port.

Re: replacing DOM with Harddrive. Just for info, i took out my DOM and put it in working E2 elite, it came into rescue mode, i then put E2 on this DOM, put it back in faulty eliet and still its stuck on booting. So i would not have too much hope that you will reciver your box by replacing DOM as it seems the bootloader NOR flash is corrupt.

I think I blow my eeprom when I was fiddling with the serial system so now it is dead. Trying to find out what eeprom they use, seems rather easy to replace.

The dom thing looks like the box is going to the memory while it is booting. Perhap one could start some Ubuntu program from the harddrive. Well worth a test. If it will read the HD then one could load some usb reading program !
I will test a few things this weekend, gotta work during normal days:smash: