PDA

View Full Version : Mains Transformer Failure.

jamesjay
26-03-2011, 01:10 PM
Hi All,

It looks like the mains transformer is blown on my plus box, I have checked the fuse in the mains plug and even changed the 2 core mains cable between the mains plug and the input on the transformer, but there is no LED light on the black box/transformer.

I had read that there was a problem with the power supplies in the USA but not in the UK, the box is 13 months old so just out of warranty, I only use it for 4.2.2 feeds so it could have been off for days. It looks like I may be looking for a cheap universal replacement if thats possible?

Anyway if anyone as had the same problem could they post what they did...I can't recall a post on here about a mains supply failure so I could be the first of an epidemic because I think my plus was one of the early ones.

Kind regards,

James.

Carp95
26-03-2011, 01:37 PM
box is 13 months old so just out of warranty

Huhhh? we have 2 years warranty

so I could be the first of an epidemic

I think thats just a load off c%6pp, mine is older and I know numerous plus owners about 12 and 13 months old.

Contact your reseller for power supply replacement

jamesjay
26-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Huhhh? we have 2 years warranty

I think thats just a load off c%6pp, mine is older and I know numerous plus owners about 12 and 13 months old.

Contact your reseller for power supply replacement

@ Carp95

Firstly I wasn't aware of the 2 year warranty so thanks for your information and help my supplier wants me to send the power supply back for replacement.

Secondly although I wasn't aware of the 2 year warranty I was aware of the problems with the power supplies in the USA so wasn't trying to be an alarmist but stating facts.

While your post was helpful and I am grateful to you for your assistance, I think the tone of your reply is unnecessarily rude.

Thanks again,

James