PDA

View Full Version : dm8000 hd

heathercar
27-03-2011, 06:19 AM
at last m2ts running smoothly .
new images coming out using the full potential of internal flash.
images hopeuly should become more stable. horay

as dm user i have been quite narked in the past that a cheap 40.00 multimedia player can handle m2ts and dm carnt .

now the dm8000 hd is starting to shine through im begining to truly believe the price tag is worth it .

i have a question why as it took so long for dm to use the whole of flash
surely this should of been implemented a long time ago.

why as it took so long for m2ts to run smoothly people say a lot of research goes intto the box that why its expensive yardy yar was it dm who made the whole use of the flash and finaly got m2ts to run smoothly or was a third party writer of images who takes the credit as i would love to give them a big fat kiss who ever they are thanyou anyway i love you forever

dm

passete
27-03-2011, 08:44 AM
My question On Another Forum :

This is not very Clear !
If dm8000 had since day one 256mb of Flash, why they never advertised Before ?
Quite Mystery, or another anti Clone trick !

Answer From The 8000 Vip Forum: (Thanks to voyger)

No... 8000 always had 256 MB Flash, too!
But DMM had disabled half of the Flash. Because of that they couldn't advertise 256MB but only 128MB.
In the beginning data sheets said 8000 had 256MB Flash and people complained...

Not Very Clear, LOL

brain
27-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Yup
Apple have done the same thing with their part of the chip that could run radio in the Iphone or whatever. However, the interesting thing is was it one of the software updates, or the latest nemesis release that opened it? Either way, my 'OK so I am mad' thread makes sense when the display of cpu, device status etc were all saying either 60M or 140M and the flash was crashing out with about 10% of memory left - all my crashlogs gave the same message - 'not enough memory left! Now, suddenly - with image loaded up with all I need in flash - about 65M used and 185m left! @ heathercar - glad all is now going well - it is a great box and sorry if any of my s**t led you astray!! Cheers - Brain

heathercar
27-03-2011, 10:53 AM
@ heathercar - glad all is now going well - it is a great box and sorry if any of my s**t led you astray!! Cheers - Brain

nope quite the oppersite brain you have made quite a few valid points and you have been a great brain to help me understand the box and the problems the box throws up :cheers2:

jimrare
27-03-2011, 04:38 PM
was a third party writer of images who takes the credit as i would love to give them a big fat kiss who ever they are thanyou anyway i love you forever
dm
As mentioned plenty of times, dream multimedia does all the drivers so the credit goes to them, 3rd party image makers do the pimping.

http://dreamboxupdate.com/opendreambox/1.6/dm8000/images/release-dm8000-3.1.0.nfo