PDA

View Full Version : To All Of Us

trucker
28-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Its not a given right that you will receive........ You pay your money and take a chance ................Here today gone Tomorrow

Some people understand that this is purely an expensive hobbie

Others just want to take, take, take,

Just be thankful for what you recieve, as it can be taken away quicker than you think

My Thanks to the Spiderbox team,

KTVF
trucker

mb63
28-03-2011, 11:05 PM
That's all well and good m8, but do you think the "spiderbox team" are in it for love of us peeps.:smash:

Youn pays your money, fair enough......... but don't make ot they are doing people a favour.:respect-053:

jimihendrix
29-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Its not a given right that you will receive........ You pay your money and take a chance ................Here today gone Tomorrow

Some people understand that this is purely an expensive hobbie

Others just want to take, take, take,

Just be thankful for what you recieve, as it can be taken away quicker than you think

My Thanks to the Spiderbox team,

KTVF
trucker

Sorry mate but expensive hobby? you should see what my brother spends on photography if you think sat tv is expensive.
No lets be fair you can get a Spiderbox with gift and a way to extend it's capabilities for about 1/3rd of the subscription price to any ONE package and that will open many packages.
YES there is always the risk of a server permanently going down but in truth is it that high?
I know people spending £500 a year to watch football now THAT is an expensive hobby!!

trucker
29-03-2011, 11:55 AM
jimihendrix,

I agree with you 100%, so if the server goes down and never to return
I will be happy as i have had my moneys worth

its GAME

KTVF
trucker

IF I PAID £180 YESTERDAY AND THE SERVER GOES DOWN TOMORROW

THATS THE RISK YOU TAKE

I AINT GOT NO COMPLAINTS ONLY AT THE WHINGING ....... WHO WANT IT ALL FOR NOUGHT

scallywag
29-03-2011, 04:43 PM
jimihendrix,

I agree with you 100%, so if the server goes down and never to return
I will be happy as i have had my moneys worth

its GAME

KTVF
trucker

IF I PAID £180 YESTERDAY AND THE SERVER GOES DOWN TOMORROW

THATS THE RISK YOU TAKE

I AINT GOT NO COMPLAINTS ONLY AT THE WHINGING ....... WHO WANT IT ALL FOR NOUGHT
Are you not whining at the people that are whining? Obviously you shouting makes you more heard. I think the fact of the matter is that a lot of people whom have a spiderbox are not hobbiest and a lot of them will e recent to sat TV and will not have had this type of setback that those of us whom have been here for years will all be used to.The trouble is a totally lack of understanding and patience from those whom should know better.Education rather than look at me I've been around since D2Mac that makes me better than anyone else.
Perhaps one day the newbies who judging by the large numbers who've visited the site will be brave enough to join in with debates and even if they are wrong they will be educated and not be belittled by the old filmnet box bridgade.

trucker
29-03-2011, 07:14 PM
scallywag

Your right,

I wont knock it, but until people understand that it may not last, ITS ONLY A GAME,HOBBIE, SPORT,ECT,whatever you call it.

You pay your money and you take your chance,

there a few people i have help by installing their systems and i dont see any of the complainng it was explained to them at the start, they all take the rough with the smooth

trucker

tr8.
29-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Have to agree with TRUCKER, mine is worth all i paid for it, its a good machine at the price,the server is a great bonus but i would also say the same about my DM800se-hd which I paid a lot more for in December.
Both do their particular jobs well, but certainly the Spiderbox was better value if you compare what they do and the free extra's.

gbazza68
30-03-2011, 12:17 AM
The great think about all the cams that are finished is that they hold the back door open in the summer, matrix fits under nicely!!! bloody spiderbox is too large to fit, will have to get the plane out!!!

denny1
30-03-2011, 11:07 AM
no complaints had it 15 months and this is the first blip
compared to my dragon(con) cams my spiderbox is or was money well spent

holmroad
30-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Pimps is an open forum discussing mainly satellite subjects - and I also hate whingers - but don't forget that its also an 'information' forum, so that's where most people have to obtain up to date information, especially when things suddenly go down - so suppose what I'm saying is that there CAN be a very narrow line between 'whingers' and 'information seekers' - but I agree certain people may simply be whingers but a MAJORITY just seek help & assistance from other people more 'in the know' than them?
Its a BRILLIANT forum for an exchange of views, thats my point!:respect-055:

blueking
30-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Why, it's a functioning receiver.
Service+ partially working according to others.
PVR
Newcs in/out
CCCam in
cam slots
card slots
timeshift
media player
streaming etc.
Box still does what it was sold for.

It also supports MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) games if you place the bins in the USB ROM sub directory, well cool box...:cheers2:

scrapman
30-03-2011, 07:52 PM
It also supports MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) games if you place the bins in the USB ROM sub directory, well cool box...:cheers2:

Mmm, this is a new twist I have not heard before, can you point me in the right direction for a read up on this subject please?

Scrapman

blueking
31-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Mmm, this is a new twist I have not heard before, can you point me in the right direction for a read up on this subject please?
Scrapman

See the thread on a l s a t forum "SpiderBox Game development for kids".

Just place the MAME "Zip" files in the USB c:\ROMS folder
(use winrar to uncompress the "games.rar" to get the ZIPS, do not unzip the game bins)

Note. I think the link to the games.rar (22 games) is now invalid.

See "Spider Nintendo guide.pdf" for details...

I have tried to add more ROMs like "Phoenix", but can't get the Spiderbox to work with them, anyone know how to get them to work ???:respect-055:

http://www.romnation.net/rn/screenshots/t/10888.jpg

Galaxian's, Space Invaders and 1942 work just fine, some even with sound!:number-one-043:

Thanks and credit goes to Uncle Darkman.

Sorry, but I don't have rights to upload files to this forum...

satpaul
31-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Mame games :respect-053:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?p=794268#post79426 8

scrapman
01-04-2011, 03:25 AM
Hi
Will have a go with these over the next few days, Thanks Blueking for the info and also to Satpaul for the upload

Scrapman