PDA

View Full Version : no sat detection

zad
29-03-2011, 05:33 PM
hi guys, hope someone can help with this head scratcher,
tried to patch a one xl but now will not find any sats!

i upgraded to the latest navcore using home, then copied the whole contents of the device to my computer,
copied the patched navcore onto it thats been posted here and the latest map too with lane guidance, both seemed to go on fine however i just could not get the map to load up, kept saying that it was not the correct map for that device.

so after battering my head trying to suss it out and getting no where i decided that i would just go to the original system, so deleted everything off the device and the copied my backup from the computer and all seemed well, map was detected and loaded however now will not connect to any sats at all..

cheers for any advice guys

passete
29-03-2011, 05:57 PM
I never delete anything when restoring, TT home will do it alone !
Did you make a backup with TT home ? If yes, just restore the backup using TT home restore.
Good Luck

zad
29-03-2011, 06:10 PM
never knew it did that so no... my backup was just a total 1 - 1 copy to a folder on my hard drive

passete
29-03-2011, 06:19 PM
And did you Try restore with TT home ?

Russell1
29-03-2011, 06:20 PM
You say that you copied the patched Navcore posted on here - which one did you use ?
If you use Home to get the latest official version, then you just need to patch the ttsystem file on you Tomtom & then activate the new map..Getting the latest official version might help with you satellite problem.

passete
29-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Try to see if you see the backup on C:/Users/Pc_name/Do***ents/TomTom/Home/FromDevice...

xanadu
29-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Have you done a hard reset? Paperclip in the hole in the bottom for about 15 seconds.

Then leave it outside in the open stationary for upto an hour.

zad
29-03-2011, 06:33 PM
cheers guys. come to think about it i did just patch the file on the tomtom, not a full copy of navcore, thats what i was gonna do... thing has got my head battered lol

ill have a crack with it in the morning as i left it at work, and post back after doing a home restore/update

zad
02-04-2011, 05:02 PM
ok guys, still a no go :(
installed home, ran it and it picked up the tom tom no problems at all, did an update, it installed gpsquickfix and the mapshare updates, however the problem still persists.

so what im thinking now is i should just wipe the device and start from scratch however im not sure what files to use, i know russel1 has posted some patched navcores however im not sure what one to use for the one xl

any advice would be great before i hit that delete button

Russell1
02-04-2011, 06:18 PM
You can delete everything, then use Home to get the latest official version - think it will be 7.9**, & also get any voice files you want to use. Then patch ttsystem file, add new map & postcode file & then activate the map.

zad
07-04-2011, 02:19 PM
right think about about to scrap this device now...
removed everything off the device and tom tom home said there was no updates available.. weird how it did not even have navcore on there but never mind..
so i decided to put russell1's patched navcore on here that he uses for his go500 loaded on fine and device booted up, installed the latest map with alg and that went on fine too, patched the map and used the latest ****.txt worked a charm, device boots up and loads map fine... still no sat detection tho

conected to home and said there was mapshare updates and gpsquickfix, installed both of them, done a factory reset as well just to be on the safe side, and still no joy.
any more advice before this thing ends up in the bin?

Russell1
07-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Where are you putting the tomtom when trying to get a sat fix ? Make sure you are still & out in an open space. Is it picking up any satellites at all ? - Try tapping the GPS bar at bottom right corner & then tap on the GPS bars below the battery icon - you'll see if it finds anything.

xanadu
07-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Was this TomTom definitely working before you tried patching it?