PDA

View Full Version : bulsat updating tool

echelon
02-04-2011, 06:04 PM
hi

just tried the bulsat update tool manikm recently posted but got nowhere with it

tried the kinkdink 1.6 installer and failed to get it to update in plugins on the icecrypt

also tried ftp and still failed

have set attribute chmod to 755 on various files but cannot update and clear boomerang or cartoon n/w which I know clear on my spiderbox , even if it says its retreiving the files

so can anyone give me a simple guide to getting this to work properly on bulsat ?

also can anyone give me a simple guide as to what this coconut is ?
how to make it work ?
whats its used for ?
what channels is it used on ?

any other useful info would be helpful too

thanks in advance

ManikM
02-04-2011, 07:56 PM
hi mate,

i did this:

backed up my channel lists (service data) to usb

updated to latest .94 f/w

factory reset

imported back my channel lists

formatted user data area

installed latest ice_cam_mcas plugin

started and set to auto.

installed mcas updater tool.

ran it, it updated both mcas and coconut files....and bulsat cleared (wasnt clearing beforehand with key from the ice_cam_mcas plugin)

bulsat is still clearing fine. (novasport 39e - footy show now)

echelon
02-04-2011, 08:44 PM
ok ,

1) never formatted user area ( this part is unknown to me so never been done )

2) I assume you used the kinkdink installer to install the ice_cam mcas plugin ?

3) how did you install the mcas updater tool ?

4) whats the coconut for ?

thanks

ManikM
02-04-2011, 10:05 PM
1) this is the /VAR folder on STB - (so where all your plugins live)
2) nope, I just downloaded the plugin, put the plugin folder on the stick, inserted USB stick into STB and ran the install from STB\Stick
3) same as above (2)
4) BISS channels

echelon
02-04-2011, 10:52 PM
lots of stuff in var that I dont think you should delete

not seen a formatting tool for that area

I suppose I could seek them out manually and delete

ManikM
02-04-2011, 11:06 PM
when u stick the usb stick in, and goto plugins, a green option appears to format user data area.

its safe to do this (as loong as u can remember which plugins u use and will need to reinstall)

upto you mate

echelon
02-04-2011, 11:23 PM
ok , I will back them up with ftp first , can compare later

thanks

ManikM
02-04-2011, 11:45 PM
or u can just UNC \\192.168.0.7\root\var

ManikM
03-04-2011, 07:06 PM
howd u get on?

echelon
05-04-2011, 07:05 PM
hi , didnt understand the unc + ip address/root/var at all

backed up my channel list , installed the 94 firmware , factory reset again , reinstalled the channel list

cant find any option to import plugins

also cant find the format user area either

and the front usb wouldnt see the channel list or firmware on the usb stick , even after formatting on the icecrypt , so I used the rear usb and did the above

so currently I am stuck as I cannot see the stuff you mentioned

ie:- no format user area anywhere , and no plugins listed with no import facility either

totally baffled by what you have written , sorry to say

dizz
05-04-2011, 08:38 PM
When you unzip plugins you need to move the plugin folder to the root of the usb stick. Otherwise they don't show up. E.g. e:\plugin. You need to press right on remote until plugins is displayed, download and format user area options are on that screen.

echelon
05-04-2011, 11:21 PM
When you unzip plugins you need to move the plugin folder to the root of the usb stick. Otherwise they don't show up. E.g. e:\plugin. You need to press right on remote until plugins is displayed, download and format user area options are on that screen.

that was the crucial extra bit of info I needed to get this working , finally got bulsat to run in mcas , or cccam to run in xcam client , doesnt like both being switched on at same time though lol

thanks to all for the help , hopefully we can make some sort of sticky out of this unless somebody want to write one up ?

echelon
06-04-2011, 12:24 PM
ok , I have amended the following post and thread with a synopsis cut and paste of the above info

thanks to all that helped me

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=121122