PDA

View Full Version : Convert bbc iplayer to trp.?

oldjiver
03-04-2011, 09:13 PM
I noticed that the BBC iplayer allows downloads to portable devices. It would be handy to download programmes to a USB stick to run through my TM6900HSsuper combo as it is the only thing attatched to my TV with a USB port. However the downloads are in WMV format and the TM only plays TRP. video.
I have seen some complicated format changes involving 2 or 3 conversions.
Is there a simple way to just convert WMV to TRP.?

highway1
03-04-2011, 09:36 PM
google it for u unsure if it works.
h**p://wcw.trpconverter.com/trp-to-wmv-converter.html

holmroad
04-04-2011, 11:27 AM
I noticed that the BBC iplayer allows downloads to portable devices. It would be handy to download programmes to a USB stick to run through my TM6900HSsuper combo as it is the only thing attatched to my TV with a USB port. However the downloads are in WMV format and the TM only plays TRP. video.
I have seen some complicated format changes involving 2 or 3 conversions.
Is there a simple way to just convert WMV to TRP.?

Interesting mate, how do you actually access BBC iPlayer on your TM6900HD Super please?:respect-055:

sightworthy
04-04-2011, 03:36 PM
I think you will need a DRM removal tool like the one below.

Aimersoft DRM Media Converter is innovative DRM removal software that can remove DRM protection from movies and music bought from iTunes 10, Microsoft Media Center, Napster, Pandora, BBC iPlayer WMV, Amazon video on Demand and other DRM protected media center legally.

Sightworthy

oldjiver
04-04-2011, 05:16 PM
@highway 1. There are a lot of trp. to WMV converters but I need a WMV to trp. to play iplayer files on the TM.

@Holmrod. I dont access the iplayer with the TM I download iplayer file from my laptop onto USB stick and then use the USB port on the TM to (hopefully) play it.(my TV hasnt got a USB port) Trouble is that iplayer downloads are all WMV files and the TM only recognises trp. files, and there doesnt seem to be a simple way to convert WMV to trp. Playing trp. on the computer is easy with Gomplayer or Mediaplayer classic,.
I was hoping that as iplayer downloads are available someone might have come up with a simple freeware converter.
(P.S. I did try converting the WMV to MP4 to play on my ipod, but the conversion came out scrambled???