PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo wont Boot

lister123
05-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Hi guys,

I had a problem with my box where one evening there was just picture from the tv and no sound. Rebooted the box and the box wouldnt boot fully just hung at the enigma 2 loading. And the spinning hour glass.

Tried vix, vti, blackhole, pli jade images and they all hang at the same point. Pressing the buttons on the remote does nothing.

Removed everything connected to the box apart from the hdmi cable. When the box is in this state if I connect a network cable I can ftp to the box. But have no control from the remote.

Even offical images do the same. I've tried 5.7 and 5.6. The most recent offical image I can get loaded is 5.0 but with this there is no sound.

There is sound via the scart though. I've tried the box with 3 tvs and 4 different hdmi's.

Anyone had problems getting the box to flash properly???

Thanks for any help

Peckish
05-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Hello everyone.

@lister123

I had a similar problem where my DUO kept sticking during the boot sequence and they way I fixed it was to remove the hard drive and then reinstall the image. From that point on things worked ok but when I put the drive back into the receiver it went back to the same fault. I reformated the drive externally and put it back into the receiver and it has worked perfectly since then.

Regards to all,

Peckish

lister123
05-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Hi peckish thanks for the input....but I dont have a hard drive in the machine whenever I'm trying to flash the image

painter
06-04-2011, 08:02 AM
Reinstall image and try again'

regards painter