PDA

View Full Version : Problem with one transponder on Hot Bird and few other basic questions

kevn
23-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Hi,

I’m totally new to TV Sat world, I have just moved to a new house were are no cable TV but there are two Sat dish already installed: one on 13E Hot Bird (I’m living in Poland, so I’m mostly interested in the channels on this satellite) and one on 19.2E Astra. After 30 minutes of research I decide to buy DM8000HD, but guy in the shop convinced me to buy Clarke Tech ET-9000 (almost 2,5 times cheaper).

I spend one day trying to get it work without success, so then I start searching Internet for help and found this FABULOUS site!!!

What I managed to do until now: installed HDD inside box; installed ET9000 Command Centre on my PC; installed Black Hole 1.4.3 image, CCcam 2.2.1 and channel list (Vhannibal E2 settings Hot Bird 16 April downloaded via BH E2 Download Manager). Now I stuck with a few problems /questions (in order from most important for me to less important):

1. I’m not able to watch any channels on the first Hot Bird transponder: tr.110 (10,719V,27500,5/6). Those channels were not found when I tried search satellite channels via setup menu. Now when I have it definition added, I’m still not able to watch any of them. Other channels from the same provider (Cyfra+) that are transmitted on different transponders works fine. I checked next transponder (tr. 111, freq: 10,723H) and it is also not working, but this is probably because of strange SR parameter (whatever it means) which is equal to 29900 instead of 27500. The third transponder (tr.112, freq: 10758V) works fine (I’m not able to watch anything because there are VoD for different provider, but I can see signal strength ~78%).
I still have original TV sat receiver provided by Cyfra+ (which I have to return next month). On this box all channels including those from transponder 110 working fine, so I guess that this is not problem with my dish/ cables/card/etc.
Transponder 110 is the only place where the MiniMini channel is transmitted and this channel is the main reason why I pay for Cyfra+ subscription, so really this issue is very important for me (or rather for my children).

2. Is there any software for PC or plugin for the ET9000 box for managing channel lists (bouquets)? I don’t even know how manually create list with my favorites channels using pilot.

3. I found in the menu (Setup->Glass System Utility->Universal Cams Manager) that there are 7 CAMs and 4 SVRs, but none of them are chosen. I believe that this is the place where I can configure software decryption for some of the programs, but where I can find any tutorial(-s) how to activate/use this functionality. I found lot of posts with key updates, but I need rather some basic information, e.g. what is difference between SVRs and CAMs (is this “servers” and “readers”?), how to configure them (is any readers work with any servers?), why there are so many different servers/readers (different applications for encryption methods?), etc.

4. I know that this is stupid question and probably there is no one correct answer, but what image should I use? Maybe there is somewhere any comparison between them? If not, maybe someone could give me 1-2 unique functions of the image that he is recommending to use. Basically in the first day when I try to configure my box I had installed few images (BH, OpenPLi, ViX, ClarkeTechSupport) and I did not find any big differences. O.K. there were different options under colour buttons and some different plugins, but for me was very difficult to decide what image is best for me.

5. I have no idea how to activate PiP. I can’t find any options in the menu, also the PIP key on the pilot is not working. I think that in the one of the images that I installed before PiP function was available under blue button menu, but I’m not sure. Right now, with Black Hole image I just can’t find it.

6. Is there any manual that describe all the functions of the software? For example when I use timeshift function (pause transmission and after while continue watching) there is all the time black box in the left upper corner with information how many seconds is in the buffer. Is there any method to hide it?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Kev