PDA

View Full Version : Lets get active!

octagoneurope
24-04-2011, 09:42 PM
We have been asked by Octagon to spur more interest into the Octagon brand that is the same apart from better software we have to that of the Icecrypt and Atevio receivers. Octagon has always been at the forefront of software development and will continue to be.

So come on Octagon users what do you want?

octagoneurope
28-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Wow you must all be very happy with your Octagon receivers!! As no one has replied.

plaskotki
28-04-2011, 02:32 PM
wow you must all be very happy with your octagon receivers!! As no one has replied.
:)

skunk
02-05-2011, 12:08 PM
I have the 918hd no updates for this for a long time as soon as the newer models came along updates stopped very poor indeed so i won,t be holding my breath for any updates in the near future
Skunk

octagoneurope
02-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Octagon provide full support for current models. The 918 was discontinued and replaced with the 1008SE and owners of the 918 were offered a deal where they sent back the 918 paid a token amount and received a 1008SE. This deal has now expired but it proves that they did not ignore 918 buyers as I don't know of another manufacturer that would offer a similar deal. On updates Octagon has their own site and in Germany a massive site soley for Octagon users. Satpimps is now going to get more updates, as the old UK distributor closed over a year ago as he left the UK.

Franner
16-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Octagon is a joke as a company i to had a 918hd and in my opinion i was ripped off along with alot of other users across europe, we emailed octagon and even posted on there forum about this blatant robbery as i had only my machine 2 weeks and i know of others who had theres for a lesser period there are many other companys that introduce newer models of reciever and still maintain a good level of updates for older recievers i paid €269 for this pile of crap and i only used it for 4 weeks and you and octagon think i will part with more money for a replacement updated model atleast robbers in my country wear balaclavas to rob you octagon dont, they are a disgrace to the sat world. i dont think many people will be foolish enough to buy from octagon in the UK and Ireland it does not cost this company an arm or a leg to support older models.

ManikM
16-05-2011, 12:34 PM
i think this section should be merged with the icecrypt - as they are the same boxes under the hood.

I use an icecrypt s4000 - which is the same as an octagon sf1018 - i have just reformatted my box so house two Enigma2 images on the internal HDD.

octagoneurope
18-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Franner

If you bought your 918 in Europe (NOT UK) then you could have upgraded to the 1008SE for a fraction of the new cost, as Octagon gave users this chance. As for support its still there if you google Octagon Forums. I have made a note of your post and will be relaying this back to octagon. The main problem for UK users was that the UK distributor moved to another country and stopped supporting this forum.

ManikM

Of course they are the same, as they are made by Fortis who also manufacture under other brands such as Atevio, however Octagon provide more support than either of the other models and as different companies it would be unwise to merge the sections as novice users could knacker thier receivers by loading software not designed for that receiver.

carolina
25-07-2011, 09:51 PM
I took advantage of the deal offered by Octagon to replace 918 with 1018 and I admit that it was very nice offer from Octagon -- if somebody disagrees then please compare it to golden Interstar who after two years discontinues any support. Octagon is an excellent box ( doesn't mean that icecrypt is worse -- don't have it) -- good for normal watchers and people interested in something more. I don't like couple things ( like necessity of manual setting the resolution while recording HD program on SD recorder -- this is obvious for Nanoxx or Vantage 7100 but too difficult for octagon) but otherwise everything is really good. But with updates for Octagon in satPimps it was more advertisements than reality.

freebe
29-07-2011, 03:18 PM
I am still running my Octagon 918 and its still as good as any of the Other box(s).
You can put whatever firmware on that comes as a clone.
And i am also running the Golden Media box ( this box is a cracker ) say what you will.
And as for the lack of Updates after 2 years ( whatever box ) you can always get a Sly Box :seeya:

carolina
22-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Well, Not really with that updates after 2 years. It concerns softs with emus -- Vantage still releases updated for 7100S, same Nanoxx for 9500HD. Interstar is with that respect a major disaster -- I converted it to Next 2000 but then updates also vanished