PDA

View Full Version : need to setup vu duo as sky hd box

ejmbon
20-05-2011, 05:52 PM
hi all
firstly thanks to forum member dixons for making my mind up.
i have now purchased a vu+ duo
i need to setup vu duo as sky hd box, idiots guide needed please
for best image, best epg, with newcamd,
and easy to record so wife could do it
thanks
ejmbon

dixons
24-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Read the various stickies and tutorials on the forum you will find it all here. You will first need an image. I use Vix 2.1 but I can also recommend Blackhole as a reliable and good image with epg. The Vix image maybe a good one for you as it has all the Rytec feeds for your epg built in.

Once you have flashed an image onto your box you can proceed to either scan in your chanells directly or import an enigma 2 settings list such as Catseye which has lots of bouquets already set up.

Then you need to install the relevant CAM and EMU packages. Do you have a local SKY HD Card that you are looking to set up or are you just looking to Freeview/CS?

Is your dish fixed to 28.2 or do you have motor etc.

tell us a bit more about what you have and what you want to do and then ask the questions. There are many ppl here eager to help so don't be shy.

hechicero
30-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Hi, is it necessary to to use a box key generator and insert into the config file. similar to the dreambox to get card working on all sky premiem channels.
and can i record one sky channel whilst watching another sky channel.
thanks

dixons
02-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Hi, is it necessary to to use a box key generator and insert into the config file. similar to the dreambox to get card working on all sky premiem channels.
and can i record one sky channel whilst watching another sky channel.
thanks

Yes and Yes

However, you can only watch another channel on the same transponder unless you have at least 2 feeds from your lnb into the box (same as Sky+)

hechicero
02-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Hi, thanks for reply, i do have two feeds into the box, pleased to say.
you say you use Vix 2.1 because it is good for sky epg, at the moment that is the only sat. i am connected to, so that will be good.
can you download the cams for the Vix image or do they have to be installed manually.
do you use cccam or oscam as i understand oscam automatically finds the boxkey.

sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a bit of info before my duo arrives.

steviejb
14-06-2011, 11:18 AM
I have just put sly boxkey into spiderbox, it's incredibly easy to find and enter, I always thought it was well hidden and impossible to extract; but not so.

guli
14-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Hi, thanks for reply, i do have two feeds into the box, pleased to say.
you say you use Vix 2.1 because it is good for sky epg, at the moment that is the only sat. i am connected to, so that will be good.
can you download the cams for the Vix image or do they have to be installed manually.
do you use cccam or oscam as i understand oscam automatically finds the boxkey.

sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a bit of info before my duo arrives.

hi mate here are links for ViX Team VU+ Solo Image v2.2 - 11/06/2011

http://www.mediafire.com/?z6lkues564d281t

ViX Team VU+ Duo Image v2.2 - 11/06/2011

http://www.mediafire.com/?pi94febi5ajrumt

Cams for ViX Team images

To install simply FTP to /tmp, then install using the IPK installer in the VIX Menu under blue button.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/wnyHV50A/VIX_CAMS.html

if you intend to use oscam then the boxid is not needed as oscam reads sly uk cards without it & that includes premium channels .