PDA

View Full Version : fixed and motorised disk

mariop1
01-06-2011, 01:23 PM
hi
please i hope that someone can help.
I got a technomate 6900 super a motorised disk and a fixed disk.
unfortunatelly the motorised disk does not see astra 28E so I got a fixed disk pinted at 28E. the problem is that when i want to watch astra 28e i have to swap cable in thetechnomate and vice versa.
the question is: is there a way to connect both motorised and fixed disk to the technomate.
thanks for the help

satwyn
01-06-2011, 02:30 PM
if the technomate has only one tuner then a manual ab switch would be a simple solution or a diseqc two way would also work but the two dishes need to be close to each other

Tez-Tech
01-06-2011, 02:37 PM
If your fixed dish can "see" 28e there's no reason why your motorised dish can't if it is set up correctly. What size dishes are you using?

seti
01-06-2011, 03:14 PM
I have a Motorised dish and a fixed dish on my TM6900 i use a diseqc two way box fitted out by dish works ok.

My Motorised dish will pickup 28e, but as fixed dish is used by the wife and fitted with a quad lnb i run a feed to diseqc box on my Motorised dish, so changing sat from any to 28e is quick.

mariop1
01-06-2011, 05:29 PM
I have a Motorised dish and a fixed dish on my TM6900 i use a diseqc two way box fitted out by dish works ok.

My Motorised dish will pickup 28e, but as fixed dish is used by the wife and fitted with a quad lnb i run a feed to diseqc box on my Motorised dish, so changing sat from any to 28e is quick.

thanks so a diseqc box will work but i dont understand how to connect the 2 dishes on the diseqc. please can you eplain again the connection.
thanks

satwyn
01-06-2011, 05:33 PM
cable each from the two dishes to the diseqc switch then one cable run to receiver controlled from technomate menu

satwyn
01-06-2011, 05:35 PM
If your fixed dish can "see" 28e there's no reason why your motorised dish can't if it is set up correctly. What size dishes are you using?probably the two dishes are located at different locations

seti
02-06-2011, 01:19 PM
On a 2 way diseqc box there are 3 connections , the feed to your TM is normally connected to the centre connector and each side of this you connect a feed from each dish/ lnb then in menu - satellite setup select satellite 28e you select diseqc 1.0 to 1 of 4 or 2 of 4 (depending the way you connected the feed) when you get a signal from 28e save settings.

If you have setup say diseqc 1.0 to 1 of 4 then select diseqc 1.0 to 2 of 4 for all sats on the motorised dish.

You can add 2 way diseqc box where it is best for you and depends on where the coax is running from each dish (my motorised dish is in the garden and 60cm fixed is on wall so i got a feed from motorised to fixed dish and box is fitted on that dish with cable ties)

Hope it helps

mariop1
04-06-2011, 07:54 AM
ok, tried that it works.
thanks to everyone for the help