14-06-2011, 07:07 PM
all back

maggie
14-06-2011, 07:32 PM
yep, didn't take them long!!
m

hornet
17-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Has it gone down again ? im reading not connected ! anyone else ?

cornishlen
17-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Working ok for me here at mo.watching private spice. as its very educational.

cornishlen. :respect-055:

hornet
17-06-2011, 10:29 AM
you got 13e workin cornishlen ? you know those other educational channels ;-)

cornishlen
17-06-2011, 10:36 AM
If you talking the sct channels of educational interest. yes working here. i cant try any other sats as dish not set up to move yet..

cornishlen. :cheers2:

hornet
17-06-2011, 10:47 AM
cornishlen m8 i havent had this box long jus 2 days got it off **** for a ton, was working fine an still is on the ucas stuff but ive noticed my ip address has vanished from the box, ive always been a humax user so im a bit unsure of this spider, could my ip address being gone explain y ive lost service + sorry to trouble you

grin2
17-06-2011, 10:51 AM
@cornishlen.
**** at 10.30 in the morning. thats serious dude. get some therapy.lol

echelon
17-06-2011, 10:54 AM
cornishlen m8 i havent had this box long jus 2 days got it off **** for a ton, was working fine an still is on the ucas stuff but ive noticed my ip address has vanished from the box, ive always been a humax user so im a bit unsure of this spider, could my ip address being gone explain y ive lost service + sorry to trouble you

if you are a netgear router user then try setting the ip manually instead of getting it automatically from your router using dhcp

if you havent got your router connected , then that is why you have no ip address , and with no internet connection you wont get service+

hornet
17-06-2011, 11:06 AM
@ echelon i have an orange livebox ive disabled the the digital tv part on the settings ! and it was working fine but its stopped now with no ip address at all being displayed by pc an broardband are workin jus fine thanks for the reply al have a bit of a play around with it.

echelon
17-06-2011, 11:13 AM
@ echelon i have an orange livebox ive disabled the the digital tv part on the settings ! and it was working fine but its stopped now with no ip address at all being displayed by pc an broardband are workin jus fine thanks for the reply al have a bit of a play around with it.

I dont understand what you mean by "digital tv part"

however , the point here is that irrespective of the router being used the spiderbox requires a local ip address from the router , the same as your pc , lappy , xbox360 , ps3 , pda , skybox and anything else you have on your local lan , either wired by ethernet or wireless like a lappy ( wifi )

this is either auto login using dhcp enabled , or manually allocated yourself after turning off dhcp , and usually using a straight wired ethernet cable

once you have the ip logged on , your spiderbox can connect through your router to the net and s+ will work

those are the basics , the specifics vary according to the router used , the devil being in the detail

do not alter the mac address , this should match the one seen through the top vents on a label on the mobo inside

hornet
17-06-2011, 11:49 AM
many thanks echelon, im still not sure wot went on with the connection but its back now and working and i havent done anything !!! wot i ment by digital tv setting on a livebox is if you type in http://198.168.1.1 it brings up your invetel router settings an if you click to disable digital tv it frees up the 2nd ethernet to connect to the spiderbox, its the only way it will connect, my ex bro inlaw ruthless has put this info on here somewhere not so long ago ! but thank you again :-)

echelon
17-06-2011, 12:36 PM
well , I know **** all about the livebox , so will take your word for it LOL

long as its working , thats the main thing

hornet
17-06-2011, 12:47 PM
lol sumit you know **** all about echelon ya slippin :-) cheers !

cornishlen
17-06-2011, 01:35 PM
grin2 re ,
@cornishlen.
**** at 10.30 in the morning. thats serious dude. get some therapy.lol

I only turned it on to check for hornet, i was watching bbc news 24, more educational i think.

cornishlen.

passete
17-06-2011, 02:31 PM
many thanks echelon, im still not sure wot went on with the connection but its back now and working and i havent done anything !!! wot i ment by digital tv setting on a livebox is if you type in http://198.168.1.1 it brings up your invetel router settings an if you click to disable digital tv it frees up the 2nd ethernet to connect to the spiderbox, its the only way it will connect, my ex bro inlaw ruthless has put this info on here somewhere not so long ago ! but thank you again :-)

Yeah, those are the Old Liveboxe's !
If you need more ethernet port's, just buy an ethernet switch (about 10£), and you can get 4 mores ethernet ports.
if you loose internet connection, on livebox interface, you just need to click "connect/disconect" internet icon, this will renew your ip.