PDA

View Full Version : Azbox HD premium Buy or Not ??????

Hunk
15-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Dear all users of Azbox premium , i have studied a lot on azbox on various forum i got maximum the negative feedback (60-40% Negative and positive)to it that its has very poor firmware. I personally feel with watching some videos its very unique and extra ordinary feature oriented box. But very few user say this all other say its not good box at all. It has firmware stability issue, Crashing frequently,Ccam doesnt work properly and other stuff. But i recently saw RTI latest Image,Gemini 3 Image and Sif along with Neutrino HD it seems we are approaching towards the stability.As you all are actual users (I suppose) please let me know should i go for azbox premium or not ?

I am also planing to buy azbox premium plus so please suggest i should go for it or not. Also let me know the supplier of azbox hd premium Plus clone as i could get premium clone supplier very easily but nothing for azbox plus.

Blagi
15-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Where did you see Neutrino for it?!? On top of it all "approaching stability"?!? HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Oh, Open****e and their bum-lickers won't stop at anything for some more PR c*ap... :D

OK, jokes aside: wait!!! If E2 becomes stable and generally bug free - fine!!! We all wait for it. But we are still waiting! No bull! Still not there!!!

Official FW is kinda OK but not really as good as it must be to be competing with the big boys! Nuff said!!!

chrissat
15-06-2011, 02:45 PM
I own a Azbox premium.

Had it a couple of years, if I could be transported back in time would I buy it again? No

Based on my experience with opensat would I buy another product from this company? No

Technically (most of) the hardware in the box is fantastic, everything it's suppose to do make it an amazing bit of kit. But in reality it's fails to live up to expectation. Currently it's an OK box that is heavily let down by the software.

Of course this could all change with the great work by the RTI team, Enigma could really save this box.

But If I were you I wouldn't buy. Do yourself a favour and wait until the software is stable. IF this day comes and there is proof of a fully stable box then it'll be worth your money. But until then Opensat have taken enough of us for a ride.

Hectore
15-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Hello,

3 words come in my mind...

"Forget this box."

E2 on Azbox will be stable when everyone will be passed on to other box.

Regards.

iwols
15-06-2011, 04:17 PM
if its for 4.2.2. feeds yes anything else then theres better boxes out there

Dig Deep
15-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Well, we all (Az owners) say Great box but wait !

fishdevil
15-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Hi, if you like to spend your time watching tv dont buy this box. If you like to mess around with beta firmware that will probably never work to your satisfaction then buy this "box". If you would like to bring this box back to life after getting only booting on display after a bad install of e2 [I had to do this twice] then buy this "box"! If you want to record a tv program to watch later dont buy this "box"! I spent months playing around with this thing and I would not recommend it to any one. Spend your money wisely! Good luck with what ever you decide to buy.

xanadu
15-06-2011, 07:56 PM
please let me know should i go for azbox premium or not ?

Why do you want one?

I can't think of any good reason to buy, apart from watching 4:2:2 feeds, and the blindscan if you buy the Premium Plus.
Everything else about the box is rubbish.

ManikM
15-06-2011, 08:02 PM
if its for 4.2.2. feeds yes anything else then theres better boxes out there

this is THE only reason i bought this box.

my main box is an Icecrypt s4000, this is looped out to the azbox for when there is a 4.2.2 feed.

i got it cheap as the controller for the HD is not on the motherboard for some weird reason, so its basically an Elite.

i piad £175 for it over a year ago, so not too bad a deal.

Blagi
15-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Why do you want one?

I can't think of any good reason to buy, apart from watching 4:2:2 feeds, and the blindscan if you buy the Premium Plus.
Everything else about the box is rubbish.

The sky has fallen... :rolleyes: :D

My word...:smash:

Robertus78
15-06-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm one of the first owners of azbox ( Elite in februari 2009 ) and never regretted having the box. With the original software you can watch normally television ( on a really good quality, but that's my opinion ), youtube works and the mediacentre works for 90 percent of what i downlload.

The nice thing is that if you are bored and want to play you can install Enigma. It works for me not good enough for daily use but i spend hours with playing with it ( hobby ). And yes , Neutrino will arrive officially for the box so you can choose the original firmware ( decent ), Enigma ( hobby ) and Neutrino ( nobody can tell yet how it will work, but they say it's fast as hell ).

The only thing I did when I bought the premium plus was killing the fan and changed it with an another fan. The original makes some noise ;-)

So my answer will be; yes why not? It's a good box for me. BUT if you've got time and patience I would wait for the AZbox ME . But that was not your question ;-)

ManikM
15-06-2011, 08:07 PM
the premium plus is great for a blindscanner i reckon, i like blindscanning and hate it when the box cant open the channel cos its in 4.2.2

BUT

with a non plus model, there is lots of ****ing about with the SR, FEC, Pilot on or off, and stuff to actually pull the channel in.

does it do this auto on the plus?

britzolas
16-06-2011, 12:17 AM
Some people wanted a piece of the cake and they didn't get it. Some people wanted a piece of the fame and they didn't get it. Some other people are just idiots that believe and follow the non-getters.
I bought my Elite 2 years ago to watch sat television, youtube and my multimedia files. If I could turn back time I probably would not buy it back then but I would definatelly buy it nowdays. The latest firmware is rock stable, the multicas 1.70 works like a charm, Greek EPG added (FINALLY) and I see ALL my multimedia files. I don't care about E2, I never tried it and I will never do as long as the official serves my needs. If, some day, it is finished and it is usable (at this point it is not) and better than the official one, then maybe I'll give it a try.
I cannot think of a better receiver than premium plus with 2 tuners, hardware blindscan and 4:2:2 feeds at the price of ~€300.
Yes I know it doesn't make good coffee but I have a nespresso for this... :)

Blagi
16-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Depends, britzolas... 4:2:2 being just about the only advantage!

If you're a CS client - it works, up to a point. Compared to other boxes it's not as good.

MultiCAS hasn't the server part sorted, so it all works... OSCam does. But not rock solid.

Which multimedia files? The very demanding ones it doesn't play well/properly. MKVs, 1080, DTS sound drop-outs etc.

Some multimedia standalone players with the same chip do much better, which tells a story... Open****e/Celrun/Sigma incompetence/tardiness/not caring/gi's the money now/talk ****e for PR purposes only, to sell, sell, sell more/disrespecting their customers kinda story!!!

Twin tuner function, I read, is just one extra channel recording, no PiP.

Others record 3-4 or more and have PiP. My Elite can't record properly, via USB, even the SD channels. The reproduction is unwatchable.

YouTube is down every so often... Sometimes it takes quite a while to fix!

If E2 is sorted out soon, with compatibility with other mipsel receivers - fine...

But we're still waiting, for years now... The truth be told. E2 included.

----------------------------

For the money - there are better ones now, like ET9K, Vu+ Duo etc.

Carp95
16-06-2011, 08:59 AM
Depends, britzolas... 4:2:2 being just about the only advantage!

If you're a CS client - it works, up to a point. Compared to other boxes it's not as good.

It works stable and OK only it's not so fast as CCcam on Enigma thats through

MultiCAS hasn't the server part sorted, so it all works... OSCam does. But not rock solid.

Multicas can act as a server, even serves CCcam\Oscam\Newcamd\Newcs shares wich don't have reshare rights to other multicas clients and is stable and solid

Which multimedia files? The very demanding ones it doesn't play well/properly. MKVs, 1080, DTS sound drop-outs etc.

Some multimedia standalone players with the same chip do much better, which tells a story... Open****e/Celrun/Sigma incompetence/tardiness/not caring/gi's the money now/talk ****e for PR purposes only, to sell, sell, sell more/disrespecting their customers kinda story!!!

The trouth here is that OpenSat was given the right to release the Azbox under NDA agreement from celrun, software came from celrun.
This NDA agreement has ended now, OpenSat will release Neutrino HD as firmware for the new- and the old receivers as standard firmware.
And about your last words; you know that isn't through. The service from Opensat is good nobody is left in the dark

Twin tuner function, I read, is just one extra channel recording, no PiP.

Correct so twintuner works on premium plus

Others record 3-4 or more and have PiP. My Elite can't record properly, via USB, even the SD channels. The reproduction is unwatchable.

My Elite can record properly SD and HD on a WD 750GB USB 2.0 disk, you need a USB disk with it's own power supply

YouTube is down every so often... Sometimes it takes quite a while to fix!

Thats because Youtube is changing API every now and then without warning even when you pay to use that API

If E2 is sorted out soon, with compatibility with other mipsel receivers - fine...

But we're still waiting, for years now... The truth be told. E2 included.

----------------------------

For the money - there are better ones now, like ET9K, Vu+ Duo etc.

Overall since 53xx firmware and multicas 1.62.xx is stable and no problems

Hectore
16-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Hello,

ET9000 is 7 month old. (E2 OpenPli)
You plug on your TV and that work very fine. ET9000 is stable and no problems
TV module working well
Mediacenter module working well and mkv is smooth.

And

Azbox HD is near 3 years old and it's not working well.

Search the error...

Regards.

pr2
16-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Hi,

Come on Carp95 I know that you are a great Azbox fan (like I was) but please don't says that 0.9.53xx is working fine.

And please MultiCas have its own internal resharing proprietary mechanism/protocol that you can only use between Azbox.
So no MultiCAS has no real server capabilities.

Here is a very small summary of the remaining bugs:

- Zapping is incredibily slow especially when you have timeshift actived
- Unable to use Timeshift on french DVB-T HD channels
- Unable to record french DVB-T HD channels
- DVB-C scan is painful (changing the frequency is a real challenge): DVB-C scan always scan the same frequency you need to exit go zap to another channel between 2 specific frequencies scan.
- Planned recording is a total challenge, especially when you Azbox is in standby. You always need to cross fingers and hope that it will be successful.
- Playing back a recorded program is also a challenge especially if you want to use Fast forward, fast rewind (this is a channel dependant bug)
- Satellite channel list is painfull (try to delete / add / change some satellite often lead to data corruption)
- Teletext support is bull**** (subtitle never work, page is still displayed,...)
- Subtitle in Mediacenter is a real problem, lots of missing sentences!
- DTS sound drop and micro-cut
- 1st character missing in the EPG description
- Unable to scroll down in EPG description
- Planned actions is linked with daylight saving, you change these settings you need to change all your planned actions!
- ISO DVD playback is a real lottery (some are played without any sound for example)
- Remaining > character when you play with the Resolution button
- Webbrowser is unusable
- YouTube, OK they change the API... but you know that YouTube is providing Java API and Azbox has no Java support. So it is each time a workaround that is done to convert them to something supported by Azbox firmware.

Using the Azbox HD for the day to day usage is a real challenge.
On paper Azbox HD is a great box with great capabilities, but only on paper!

If you only watch TV without recording, without using timeshift, without using Multimedia part, OK it works, but you have low cost HD STB that do the same then.

We are waiting since more than 2 years to have a valuable firmware and nothing happens, the latest promising firmware was 0.9.2880 (no DTS sounds problem with this version for example), after that this really turns to nothing.

Some bugs are escalated to Opensat for more than one year now!

So would I recommend current Azbox HD? For sure: NO.
Would I recommend futur Azbox product? Based on the past experience: NO
They will release the Azbox Me, with a more powerfull CPU just to work-around their inability to develop an optimised firmware.

So please people don't waste your money, go and check other STB manufacturers products (Dreambox, Vu+, Xtrend, Clarke-Tech,...).
They are far better and mature than all the current Azbox HD stuff.

Official firmware -> Open****
E2 -> paid by Open****
Neutrino -> will be based on the E2 development

So please people stop believing that E2 is done by hobbyist.
I can understand that you still believe it when you saw the result, but it is not... :-)

Same company money, same crap.

Pr2

Robertus78
16-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Hehe, it's really nice to see everytime the same people nagging about Opensat like a old record wich hangs. My good old favorite in this one is Gorski/ Blagi or whatever. I stay with my answer and it stay with a Yes. The service in Holland ( and nowadays Benelux and a few other countries ) is just very good and personal. My experience is that they will always help whenever it can. The original Cellrun software is good enough for me. Enigma isnt ( yet ) .

Propasal: If the topic starter wants to enjoy an Azbox, maybe he can sell one for a nice price from one of the naggin' people? He will be happy, the seller will be happy and at the end of story we will be happy!

Hunk
16-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Where did you see Neutrino for it?!? On top of it all "approaching stability"?!? HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Oh, Open****e and their bum-lickers won't stop at anything for some more PR c*ap... :D

OK, jokes aside: wait!!! If E2 becomes stable and generally bug free - fine!!! We all wait for it. But we are still waiting! No bull! Still not there!!!

Official FW is kinda OK but not really as good as it must be to be competing with the big boys! Nuff said!!!

Hey buddy though i dont own the box yet but have the enough information for this. please visit for Neutrino HD ALPHA for AzBox HD Premium/Elite at Neutrino HD Alpha (http://www.azbox-enigma.eu/RTi/forum/showthread.php?428-Neutrino-HD-ALPHA-for-AzBox-HD-Premium-Elite)

Hunk
16-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Dear End users and experts of Azbox first of all thank you so much for the comment and suggestions on the buying of azbox at the moment with current scenario of Firmware.

Since majority has given the negative response on firmware and on use of various applications e.g multimedia and CS on azbox i think i should drop the idea of buying a AZbox at the moment.

What i personally feel its like a multicolor snack with very charming skin and fascinate new user. But when u own it and have it in your hand it bites u (Firmware).

So i am keeping now my finger across for stable image from all experts which are already working and then i ll try to buy , though i am gonna loose my customer who was buying my Dm800 (i was about sell dm800 and buy new azbox premium in replacement). But as far as dm800 (clone)is concern i can say even that's not 100% stable (coz we get every week a new image and improved image from various teams) but with ur all feedback i feel that its far far stable than azbox.

But i wonder which other box (other than azbox and Vu+Duo ) come near to these all features which azbox has. for example 1080p,DVBS2-Mpeg-4 ,H 264, High symbol rate Tuner for HD channels, Blind Scan, Web, Multimedia,PVR, Time shift along with option to see one and record other channel,IPTV,Wifi etc.

Waiting again for expert opinion

fishdevil
16-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Hi Hunk Did you not read the replies above? The Azbox promised all these great features but let customers down with false specs! I have been around this game for donkeys years and have owned many boxes but "Expert" I am not. The best experts are the end users! I suggest you do your homework on what YOU need from a sat receiver. Hope this helps.

Blagi
16-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Overall since 53xx firmware and multicas 1.62.xx is stable and no problems

Sad, this - you have replaced xanadu as the apologist of a very poor firm, when he (who used to be much worse than you at this!) has completely changed his story...

Sad, indeed...

Blagi
16-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Hey buddy though i dont own the box yet but have the enough information for this. please visit for Neutrino HD ALPHA for AzBox HD Premium/Elite at Neutrino HD Alpha (http://www.azbox-enigma.eu/RTi/forum/showthread.php?428-Neutrino-HD-ALPHA-for-AzBox-HD-Premium-Elite)

What for? It's based on E2, as you have heard and that is still in Beta stages... I know how E2 works. So, Neutrino is useless without this! One day maybe but when - how many more years, I wonder...?!?

RTi Team need more competent people to achieve this. And different management!

Will Neutrino be Twin tuner capable? How about Multimedia on it, at least in the "old machines" (Elite, Premium, P+ and Ultra)? As you heard, the "optimised FW" eludes them for years, no matter who they pay for it.

'Nuff said...

Hunk
16-06-2011, 01:19 PM
yaa rite thats why now i planing to drop the idea of changing my Dm800 or shift to any other box which is ofcourse stable than azbox. U guys are rite as its been yrs now the azbox has been launched and they are jumping for new boxes like azbox me etc with android wherein there older boxes haven't reached to stability in firmware as yet. so this suggest they are bit confused. I hope they must be thinking of implementing android firmware on all new and old boxes. but i dont know will that be feasible with old boxes hardware.

So suggest me the other box which has all these features and is more stable and near to azbox premium clone price which is for me is with single tuner around max 220 USd delivered.

Blagi
16-06-2011, 01:22 PM
That depends on your needs...

Tell us...

Hunk
16-06-2011, 01:29 PM
i wonder which other box (other than azbox and Vu+Duo ) come near to these all features which azbox has. for example 1080p,DVBS2-Mpeg-4 ,H 264, High symbol rate Tuner for HD channels, Blind Scan, Web, Multimedia,PVR, Time shift along with option to see one and record other channel,IPTV,Wifi etc. also the price factor azbox premium clone is about 220 USD max delivered for me .

Blagi
16-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Vu+ Duo, ET9000 [Xtrend and C-T] and more...

Might cost a bit more but AZ clone is NOT that good...

Good luck!

britzolas
16-06-2011, 04:19 PM
So would I recommend current Azbox HD? For sure: NO.
Would I recommend futur Azbox product? Based on the past experience: NO
They will release the Azbox Me, with a more powerfull CPU just to work-around their inability to develop an optimised firmware.

So please people don't waste your money, go and check other STB manufacturers products (Dreambox, Vu+, Xtrend, Clarke-Tech,...).
They are far better and mature than all the current Azbox HD stuff.

Official firmware -> Open****
E2 -> paid by Open****
Neutrino -> will be based on the E2 development

So please people stop believing that E2 is done by hobbyist.
I can understand that you still believe it when you saw the result, but it is not... :-)

Same company money, same crap.

Pr2

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you were a moderator at the official forum for quite some time and surely you knew more things than us end users. I challenged you right here at this forum some time ago for some answers and you ignored my question. And please don't try to justify yourself by saying that you were just a poor moderator and you had nothing to do with open**** because I will need something stronger than this...
How come you didn't say those things back then and you do it today???
Does it have something to do with the fact that they excluded your project (jazup) from E2 development???
Back then you were friends and everything was O.K. with the box and now that the friendship broke the box suddenly became rubbish...
I cannot understand this behavor my friend, it's out of my motto. My dad tought me never to spit at where I was licking before...
I could say much more but these questions were on my mind since the first day the dog fight with the RTI team began.
Don't think my post like a personal attack. I believe that you had good intentions for the box and you could help much more but personally I think that you behave like a kid that the other kids don't play with. This is what I see from this behavor unless there's something more at the background...

@Hunk, I quote again my first sentence because if you process it in your mind, it can answer a lot of your questions...

Some people wanted a piece of the cake and they didn't get it. Some people wanted a piece of the fame and they didn't get it. Some other people are just idiots that believe and follow the non-getters.

P.S. Most of the major "bugs" mentioned above don't exist at my box except tha thing with the French dvb-t hd channels but thank God I don't live in France... :)

Robertus78
16-06-2011, 04:31 PM
@ Hunk

Those 2 ( et9000, Vu ) aren't 1080P, also no Blind Scan ( hardware, only software wich are useless for the diehard feedhunter ), on multimedia also much negative sounds ( don't always play all files even good ). Prices are higher ( around 370/380 ) . Personally I would never buy any clone , only when I really have money too much and want to play with stuff wich are allowed to damage.

If you really don't want to buy an Azbox and you wanna have HD sat television and multimedia I would buy an Amiko Alien . 1080P, recording via network, rest i dunno, but the price is around 150. If he doesn't play all your multimedia files then you still got some money for a real multimediaplayer ( they are much better then the solutions from the most linux receivers, the one of Azbox is one of the best but also doesn't play some exotic codecs ).

@britzolas

You type what i thought ;-)

Blagi
16-06-2011, 05:42 PM
@ Hunk

Those 2 ( et9000, Vu ) aren't 1080P,

You have no idea what you are talking about!!! At least when it comes to ET9K. Not sure about Vu+ but I heard they upgraded their drivers, too. ET9K drivers were upgraded very quickly after users started complaining! Period! I belive that your boss or mate teleshat would use words like "lying" right now... :rolleyes:

http://www.bsmediasoft.com/wp-content/themes/bsmedia/pdf/BSM-HD%20Hybrid%20PVR%28HD+,%20HbbTV% 29.pdf

also no Blind Scan ( hardware, only software wich are useless for the diehard feedhunter ),

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about! ET9K tuner is blind scan capable!!! It was E2 that didn't have it activated and I read that it is now either sorted or about to be sorted completely!

http://www.availink.com/product1.aspx?id=2

on multimedia also much negative sounds ( don't always play all files even good ).

If you look at what was achieved so far, even against the specs given by the manufacturer you may have to change your tune... a "bit"... It's incorrect to say these things, as at least ET9K users might tell you, since at least ET9K can play even demanding, high bitrate MKVs AZbug can't! Still work in progress, still much to achieve, sure but...

Prices are higher ( around 370/380 ) .

Nonsense! In Holland ET9K costs around €335!!! You are talking Open****e PR garbage, through and through!

Personally I would never buy any clone , only when I really have money too much and want to play with stuff wich are allowed to damage.

Generally agreed but sometimes it is possible to get a really good quality ones, better than "original"! At least that is what DMM calls its "competitors" - "clone manufacturers". They mean Marusys (Vu+ and soon Uno and Ultimo) and BSM (ET9K, soon ET 9500) etc.

If you really don't want to buy an Azbox and you wanna have HD sat television and multimedia I would buy an Amiko Alien . 1080P, recording via network, rest i dunno, but the price is around 150.

Aha, now I know where you come from... Riiiighttt!!! Why not S9HD? The Russians have agreed the terms with the company producing 'Alien Amiko' and will continue to make the E2 for it...

If he doesn't play all your multimedia files then you still got some money for a real multimediaplayer ( they are much better then the solutions from the most linux receivers, the one of Azbox is one of the best but also doesn't play some exotic codecs ).

Ahhhh, yes they do, they play more or less everything and with the same chip as AZbug HD! Go figure...

@britzolas

You type what i thought ;-)

Sure, if you take things out of context... I don't know PR2 but Hectore seems a good character, respectful if dealt with correctly, something you will not be able to say about teleshat and mickeysa. But PR2 will speak for himself, no doubt... Xanadu is a much better example of what you are trying to say...:rolleyes:

Robertus78
16-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Please Gorski! You are full time bashing AZbox, Opensat and everybody who's dare to say that he or she likes his of her AZbox and haven't problems with Opensat. It seems that you have a really big social problem, no friends, no *** or whatever ( I don't know What your problem is, I only know that you have one ). I really don't understand what your goal is or if you are a trader or something. Why don't you say one time in a topic that you really dislike AZbox and wait for another topic starter?

Blagi
16-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Wow, what a joker! Me a trader? Because I exercise my critical judgement and do not do the tribal, fan-like thing, like you.

Actually, you sound like a trader. You base your "arguments" in nonsense, lies and innuendo, like just now.

Why don't you look up - I added some links, so you can "verify" your "facts" promptly!

I will expect your apologies shortly... But seeing you in action earlier...

It might be never and not even then... Go figure...

pr2
16-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you were a moderator at the official forum for quite some time and surely you knew more things than us end users. I challenged you right here at this forum some time ago for some answers and you ignored my question. And please don't try to justify yourself by saying that you were just a poor moderator and you had nothing to do with open**** because I will need something stronger than this...
How come you didn't say those things back then and you do it today???
Does it have something to do with the fact that they excluded your project (jazup) from E2 development???
Back then you were friends and everything was O.K. with the box and now that the friendship broke the box suddenly became rubbish...
I cannot understand this behavor my friend, it's out of my motto. My dad tought me never to spit at where I was licking before...
I could say much more but these questions were on my mind since the first day the dog fight with the RTI team began.
Don't think my post like a personal attack. I believe that you had good intentions for the box and you could help much more but personally I think that you behave like a kid that the other kids don't play with. This is what I see from this behavor unless there's something more at the background...

Yes, I don't hide myself behind severals pseudo on forums, I only use one since many years and it is Pr2. So yes I am also moderator on the official Azbox forum.
I was really enthusiastic about the performance (on paper) of the Azbox (more than 2 years ago) and I follow carefully all the posts of Neotionbox over here about it.
So I contact the importer for the BeNeLux and get in touch with him even before the 1st Azbox get release. I am doing all the french translation for the AZbox (manual and software translation + many translation for the website).
So I know very well the Azbox official firmware, at the very beginning it was really exciting because I receive the beta firmware (even firmware never publicly released) and test them and report bugs. Bugs get fixed at next release so it was really interesting to spend hours testing and escalating bugs.
So I was also in touch with Open**** for bug escalation, that why they asked me to help them and become a moderator on the official forum.

There the consign were clear: do strong moderation and block all messages posted against the Azbox interest. So yes I apply the strong moderation rules and I also disallow messages to be displayed on the official forum from people unhappy with the box. So yes you won't find any negative posts from my side on the official forum because I have deontology. But on other forums I am free to speak.

When firmware 0.9.3xxx came out, the big firmware bugs starts... and also starts all the promises for the future of the box and of the firmware... each bugs was promised to be fixed and they were not.

A bug reported as fixed, tested and validated reappears in the next release.
The nightmare starts with each firmware release where we go one step further and 2 steps back.

But still the same promise about a totally new firmware, a totally new multimedia part, a new web browser, the E2 port (paid by Open****), and Neutrino based on E2 work. So I try to have patience and was hoping that all of this was true.

Then I had a very interesting chat with one of my Azbox official contact that told me that: "I say to people what they want to heard, I am a commercial".
So this apply to me too and I realized that indeed I was told what I want to heard from the very beginning of my AZbox HD experience.
This definitively breaks all the truth that I had in this guy and globally Open****.

So yes after 2 years of desperate patience, waiting for bug fixing and really usable firmware, spending my time for the Azbox community, writing tutorials, helping people, learn people how to work-around bugs (when possible). I turn my mind and decide to express what is my real opinion about Azbox HD.

And I was totally convince that Azbox HD was a piece of crap, when I purchase another brand E2 STB that is perfectly working. I realize the gap that there is between an AZbox HD (official firmware or E2) with a really usable HD STB.

About E2 and JaZUp, we develop Hectore and I and never get any support from RTi for this. Hectore and I knows that at each new release they try to prevent JaZUp from working that why we release new version of JaZUp, it was not JaZUp bug fixing rather reenabling JaZUp due to stupid RTi changes.
Now RTi admit it publicly and it was our goal. And yes we stop JaZUp support because we no longer want to make for free a tool that help Open**** to sold more boxes.

So I am free to speak and to tell what I really think about Azbox HD.

Honestly nobody can continue to promote an AZbox HD when it had one, or this guy only had Azbox and never compare it to another good quality HD STB.

P.S. Most of the major "bugs" mentioned above don't exist at my box except tha thing with the French dvb-t hd channels but thank God I don't live in France... :)

Funny all the bugs that I mentioned are all still opened on the Azbox bug tracking system (yes there is a pseudo one) and I can tell you that they are all still in the latest firmware.

Of course, you will always find AZbox HD evangelist on forum like I was in the past. But only stupid people never turn their mind. :-)

Pr2

Carp95
16-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Sorry Pr2 but you began bashing after you where kicked as admin and later as moderator on azbox-enigma.eu.

Did you get fair treatment by RTI? No absolutely not!!!

I do agree on that.

For the rest off you guys ( and that includes Blagi ) I just can't seem to understand why you guys can't accept that there are custumers wich are happy with Azbox.

And Blagi 1080P output isn't VU or ET it can handle 1080P but output is 1080i, thats the broadcom chip mate max 1080I

Blagi
16-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Not what it says in the official do***ents, Carp.

Moreover, if it is based in facts one is compelled to change one's mind - if one has a mind to begin with... :rolleyes:

pr2
16-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Sorry Pr2 but you began bashing after you where kicked as admin and later as moderator on azbox-enigma.eu.

Did you get fair treatment by RTI? No absolutely not!!!

I do agree on that.

For the rest off you guys ( and that includes Blagi ) I just can't seem to understand why you guys can't accept that there are custumers wich are happy with Azbox.

And Blagi 1080P output isn't VU or ET it can handle 1080P but output is 1080i, thats the broadcom chip mate max 1080I

Hi Carp95,

I can understand that some people are happy with the AZbox. My father is part of them simply because he only uses it to watch TV (no recording, no multimedia playback,...).
But for people that read the Azbox specification and advertisement and believe what is written, we need to warm them and told them not to believe all the things that are written on paper and on the web.
Yes features are there but they are not fully usable.

So if it is just to watch HD TV and nothing else there are low cost alternative.

And about this affirmation:

This is not true, I didn't start bashing when I get out of the RTi Team, it was not pleasant indeed but I don't care. If I would really be hurted at this time, we won't have develop JaZUp until today. Just go to the RTi forum and check the SCART discussion check my last post date (this is the date when I was kicked from RTi) and search for my post here and on other forums and compare, you will see that your are wrong in the date.

What open my eyes was the very last chat that I had with H. (I guess you know who he is) and the last *** that he sends me.
It is the point that decide me to tell the true and stop being an AZbox HD evangelist (like you are) and you also know that all I wrote here is totally true.

Pr2

pr2
16-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Hi Again,

And please don't speak of what you don't know.

And Blagi 1080P output isn't Vu or ET it can handle 1080P but output is 1080i, thats the broadcom chip mate max 1080I

Yes ET-9000 can output 1080p but it is not perfect yet, so this is not yet enabled.
So the chipset is capable of doing this, I test it myself and believe me my TV confirm that it is indeed 1080p.

root@et9000:/proc# cat /proc/stb/video/videomode_50hz_choices
pal ntsc 720p 720p24 720p25 720p30 720p50 3d720p 3d720p50 1080i 1080i50 1080p24
1080p25 1080p30 3d1080p24 576i 576p 480i 480p
root@et9000:/proc#

Do you want to enable 1080p on ET-9000 simply type for example:

echo "1080p25" > /proc/stb/video/videomode_50hz

Do you want to return to 1080i:

echo "1080i50" > /proc/stb/video/videomode_50hz

You don't need to reboot.

As you see, I know what I am talking about.

By the way, I was promised to have PiP on the AZbox HD even before I purchase my first one... I am still waiting... I have been promised to be able to display at the same time 4 SD TV channels on the AZbox HD...

And yes PiP is working on the ET-9000.

Pr2

fishdevil
16-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Hi carp95 I take exception to "for the rest of you guys" Firstly I was replying to this thread! This box does not work with the beta OF! This is why people are glad the E2 is in the making and it is taking months. Where are all the "happy azbox" owners ? they have the right like you and I to give their view on this box, mine happens to be negative! This box still shows "azbox logo" when changing channels, it records HD but wont play them back! I ask you how is that stable firmware!It came with beta it still has beta! So let all the people that are happy with it reply to this thread! This is one opinion and its my opinion!

Hectore
16-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Hi carp95,

Open**** sells wind and the potential buyer should know!
I compare the azbox at a cripple. It can walk but with crutches...
If you prefer to hack than watching television bought a azbox. Peoples are perhaps happy with it in this context.

Regards.

britzolas
16-06-2011, 08:27 PM
@Pr2

M8 please stop it. You expose yourself with a wrong image. You haven't covered me with your explanations. Above that you promote another stb. It's like you caress your neighbor's ass above your wife's dead body... :001_302:
That stb you mention costs twice the price and has no research expenses since the firmware is stolen.
At least open**** had it's own firmware to develop above the cost of the stb. And regardless what you try to say they made huge steps since the first firmwares.
I don't know what you want from a sat receiver but i told you what I and I think most users want:
1) Nice picture (check)
2) Cam (cc multicas) working smoothly (check)
3) Great media player (check)
4) Smooth recordings and playback (check)
5) Youtube player (check)
In my box these things WORK no matter what you're trying to prove, I see this with my own eyes and you can't convice me for the opposite.

To sum things up, I would like you to stay at the AZBox scene because you have things to give but if you decided to leave then leave like a gentleman that I think you are.
Regards (real not fake) Britzolas

pr2
16-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Hi,

I don't try to convince you, you ask me a question and I give a full answer.
I don't care if you believe me or not. For sure I am leaving the Azbox scene wasn't it clear enough?

I explain some details about the ET-9000 because Carp95 gives wrong informations about it.

Cost twice the price? Please check on the Internet, a famous german site is selling it for 339€... so it's not twice the price of an Azbox HD!

Stealing the firmware? If you consider that porting E2 to another STB is stealing then Open**** is stealing also because they port it to Azbox HD hiding themselves behind a "team" to avoid problem with DMM. So please let me laugh out and loud about your steal theory.

But OK, I know that Azbox will send his "angels" to still convince people that it is a good product.

Pr2

britzolas
16-06-2011, 11:47 PM
But OK, I know that Azbox will send his "angels" to still convince people that it is a good product.

Pr2

The problem of the azbox is that it attracted more "deamons" than "angels"...

Blagi
16-06-2011, 11:50 PM
...and can turn an angel into a daemon... :rolleyes: :D

britzolas
17-06-2011, 12:00 AM
... spoke the chief recruiter... :smilielol5:

Blagi
17-06-2011, 08:30 AM
If you think that Open****e + Celrun + Sigma + the devilish pair from RTi team need any help in doing that - you understand nothing... :rolleyes:

You'd be much more accurate if you'd point a finger at them! ;) You will be acknowledging the only true competency they have "achieved" - how to royally **** off most of their customers who know anything about anything... And frankly, if one is buying a Linux machine one should have a decent combination of at least half a brain and a working spine - the latter part being the crucial one - in which case one would do as most of us in this thread are... :D

mus26c
17-06-2011, 07:32 PM
I think we drifting away from the OP's question, he asked if its worth buying the box and he requested forum members for thier answers (opinion), rememeber you are trying to assist him not to ******* his thread and settle some old scores.

Hectore
18-06-2011, 10:25 AM
@mus26c
For me the answer is NO!
No futur for this box.
Regards.

Doume
18-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Same opinion than Hectore : Answer is : NO !

agadave
18-06-2011, 03:49 PM
After 2,5 years of experience, flee OPENSAT and Azbox.

No future

@gadave

demosat
18-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Flee this machine, as my friends it's been over 2 years we are sodomized by OpenSat

@+

mus26c
18-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Forgot to include my answer and my answer is no look elsewhere and save yourself all the hassle and headache that comes with owning one.

Regards

Mus

damo
18-06-2011, 09:20 PM
This box is a bull****, you can believe only people that have no buisness interest ! Who say that this box is good is a slaver of opensat! So many better box are on markt with e2 ,take the right choice no opensat box!

heyhey
18-07-2011, 10:38 AM
I had to laugh when I read this bug as it's been there for ages
- Remaining > character when you play with the Resolution button

The box does all it claims but is a little clunky. I can record, CS, etc but there are other boxes that do it all a little better. The 4:2:2 capability is the only reason I have one now.
Would I recommend one? No unless the user required 4:2:2.

Paul_B
27-12-2011, 01:15 AM
Hi,

I too was interested in Azbox Premium Plus, mainly for its MPEG 4:2:2 capabilities.

The question I have is ... If the AzBox is so bad, how come it is the only box of its type the can cope with 4:2:2 ? Surely, if the other receivers mentioned are so much better, how come the manufacturers have failed to provide 4:2:2 capability? You would imagine that they would be on to a winner if they could offer this feature.

~Paul.

zeini
27-12-2011, 08:35 AM
Especially with E2-Image Azbox is really good. I think 4:2:2 is not nececessary for most User. But this is a good addon on the Azbox.

Blagi
27-12-2011, 08:51 AM
I think any DMM clone eats AZ for breakfast, with 2 exceptions: 4:2:2 and 1080p.

All else in AZ is worse or considerably worse than DMM clones. Clones (or their close cousins :D) are cheaper, too... ;)

No one has to agree - this is just my opinion, goes without saying...

xanadu
27-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Especially with E2-Image Azbox is really good. I think 4:2:2 is not nececessary for most User. But this is a good addon on the Azbox.

I only keep my Azbox due to 4:2:2.

donki
08-02-2012, 06:01 PM
I love my AZBox. It just works for me.

I use the original firmare 5306 and although it is pretty basic it suits a moron like me. Never tried the enigma route mainly because I love the Mediaplayer coz it plays everything I have thrown at it. It plays direct from PC NAS and also UPNP. Using multicas I can watch all the TV I want. No it's not pretty but it does me nicely.

I used to use a DM800HD and will honestly admit that it was much better with regard to OS (better looking) and customisability but it could not fulfil my desire for an all-in-one STB/Mediaplaying solution. It also takes ages to boot and the picture quality does not touch that of the AZBox.

Things that would make my AZBox better would be:

Nice skins
A nicer cccam (multicas) info page
Better tools for organising channel lists - MAZ is ok but no where near as virsatile as DreamBoxEdit
The removal of the need to import c lines into multicas by some nice person fixing an up-to-date CCcam emu for it
Timeshift that actually works
PVR that actually works
Youtube anyone?

I guess some of my dreams above will never be realised because so few of us actually still use this OpenShyte pile of junk and as such no one really feels the need to support it like those who develop for DBox's. I think this may be just one reason why.

I'd love to get my hands on the Xtrend 9000 but at £300+ wife says noooooooooooooo.

Might try out the new Me coz it has official firmware with options to multiboot Enigma and some other fancy OS but I'd have to sell my prem+ first and already know there will either be no takers or I'll lose my shirt on it.

Blagi
08-02-2012, 07:49 PM
I love my AZBox. It just works for me.

It didn't do as well as promised - for me... and a few others... Lots of letdowns, from lies about twin tuner efforts, to HW problems (CI CAMs) onwards...

I use the original firmare 5306 and although it is pretty basic it suits a moron like me.

Don't sell yourself too short, m8... You don't sound like one to me...

Never tried the enigma route mainly because I love the Mediaplayer coz it plays everything I have thrown at it. It plays direct from PC NAS and also UPNP. Using multicas I can watch all the TV I want. No it's not pretty but it does me nicely.

Problems with some multimedia formats etc. at my end. Especially the demanding high bitrate stuff - ceiling built into the FW to prevent it from collapsing the OFW... Seriously wanting because of it, sadly... Plus, FW collapsing after a while, a re-do is a must, every so often... whatever the reason...

I used to use a DM800HD and will honestly admit that it was much better with regard to OS (better looking) and customisability

Indeed, it is a better OS, more stable, more capable and versatile, that's for sure...

but it could not fulfil my desire for an all-in-one STB/Mediaplaying solution.

Really? Hmmm... I have a clone 500HD and it's a speed demon which eats multimedia...

Strange, as I heard the same thing about... oh, well, it was not exactly 800 HD but 800 HD SE but still...

It also takes ages to boot

Ferrari 500 HD boots like a mamba! Nuts for speed! Unbelievable! I presume that Ferrari 800HD SE is alike...

and the picture quality does not touch that of the AZBox.

Hmm... I think a lot of that is individual judgement...

Things that would make my AZBox better would be:

Nice skins

Mostly taken from E2 development branch...

A nicer cccam (multicas) info page

Well, it has its moments, I have to admit. An all-in-one apsect, remote key update etc.

Pity about slowness and instability... That makes it unusable, when compared to Ferrari 500 HD, which has no jitters, as opposed to MultiCAS...

Better tools for organising channel lists - MAZ is ok but no where near as virsatile as DreamBoxEdit

Agreed! Especially the DBEdit and SetEdit combination!

The removal of the need to import c lines into multicas by some nice person fixing an up-to-date CCcam emu for it

Eh? I found it good to be able to do it all via remote. Advantageous... But this I do not understand, sorry...

Timeshift that actually works

Not at my end (in OFW)!

PVR that actually works

Again... Not sure how you did it. Elite model at my end, external USB HDD...

Youtube anyone?

Down every so often... But the E2 one is also like that - could be improved - a lot...

I guess some of my dreams above will never be realised because so few of us actually still use this OpenShyte pile of junk and as such no one really feels the need to support it like those who develop for DBox's. I think this may be just one reason why.

The problem is that the system used is such that when you fix something - other things go bonkers... Not a good thing and so a lost cause...

I'd love to get my hands on the Xtrend 9000 but at £300+ wife says noooooooooooooo.

9200 now - that's the king - or Vu+ Ultimo. Even more expensive. €320 for 9200 but much more than €500 for Ultimo...

But new generation of receivers coming up soon, with Broadcom and other processors of 1.3 GHzand up - and lots of memory etc. Some (Vu+) running XBMC. So, wait and save your moeny, for now!

Might try out the new Me coz it has official firmware with options to multiboot Enigma and some other fancy OS but I'd have to sell my prem+ first and already know there will either be no takers or I'll lose my shirt on it.

Hehe, just wait a few months and buy the real deal, from a really serious, big company, behind XBMC4STB project...

Elite etc. old models alos have the multiboot option but after a while it's all messed up and one has to redo it all from scratch. So, make backups!

Seriously! On both points!

donki
08-02-2012, 08:27 PM
But new generation of receivers coming up soon, with Broadcom and other processors of 1.3 GHzand up - and lots of memory etc. Some (Vu+) running XBMC. So, wait and save your moeny, for now!

Hehe, just wait a few months and buy the real deal, from a really serious, big company, behind XBMC4STB project...

Many thanks for resonding so quickly with so much detail and for the much appreciated sound advice. I will now indeed wait on this which will give me a chance to save up some more pennies also. :)

Screw the Me then. :)

£100 more and get something that works and is supported.

BTW: Did eventually get my AB to timeshift once in a while but never consistantly. :) And as for PVR.......long story.

Sjaak66
09-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Not buy. Box is for now with E2 useble, however Opensat s*cks big time. They disrespect there customers and leave them in the cold. A bunch of hobbiest have to make the box workable. A real shame, selling new boxes Yes they can but support no way.
Sorry but thatś my opinion. Have my box now for almost 2 year but hardly no support from opensat, only Rti hwever this also slowing down for old boxes as it looks like.