PDA

View Full Version : Symbol rates over 30000 - glitchy

ManikM
16-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Eutelsat W2A (10.0°E)
10.0°E Eutelsat W2A 11305.00 V C5 Europe DVB-S2 8PSK 30000 5/6

i noticed that PL tv is really glitchy, on both E2 and ori f/w

i switched to my AZBOX, and not one glitch.

its time for this box to be SOLD!!

ColdAsICE
17-06-2011, 03:12 PM
ManikM!
Oh no, not again!
We have been here so many times before with you. Why is it always the box's fault when you have a problem. No one else suffers these problems.
I of course went and checked the signal you have having trouble with and guess what.... Rock solid glitch free pictures in perfect HD, shame they are showing Man U playing.
I am using original firmware with 720P HD setting because it is a fast moving picture.
Maybe you have worn out your Icecrypt but I have a feeling you are suffering a reception/setup/configuration problem.
All I can assure you is that it is not a Icecrypt problem, just like it wasn't the previous time you have glitchy reception complaints.

ManikM
17-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Very adult of you.

If you mean when i posted about Bulsat - i think you'll find that everyone else agreed it was glitching.

Also, how can it be setup issue, i have a very simple setup - motorised dish, HDMI 1080i, 90% signal - what else can it be?

Funny how it doesnt glitch on the Azbug! AT ALL!!!

On the Ice it periodically glitches, not that much, but enough to stop you wanting to watch it.

It shows how technical you are if you think just because i have been trialling E2, and other firmwares (Octagon, Atevio etc) i have worn the box out, well then i rest my case.

The lack of posts in this section only goes to show that most people have given up on this box and gone elsewhere.

reboot
17-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Not glitching here.

ManikM
17-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Not glitching here.

watch it for more than 5 minutes!

ColdAsICE
17-06-2011, 04:44 PM
First you say "i noticed that PL tv is really glitchy, on both E2 and ori f/w"
Then you say "On the Ice it periodically glitches, not that much"
As I said I cannot see your issue with my reciever setup,
and this is not the first time you have complained of glitching, jitter, freezing, spelling errors ....lol
It looks like you like to complain and my comment wasn't anything to do about technically wearing out your hardware. It is that you have run out of things to complain about.
By the way have a look around and you might notice there isn't many posts about any recievers never mind gone elsewhere.

Midnight R
17-06-2011, 05:24 PM
My Icecrypt has always juddered/glitched on ITVHD after a period of watching.

Used to do the same on a few other channels as well.

ColdAsICE
17-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Honestly I'm not trying to pick a fight, and just to give you the benefit of the doubt I have now watched a complete match with no glitches. Only problem is that they are not transmitting in HD at the moment. Nice excuse to aviod doing any work on a Friday afternoon.
On the technical side, have you thought that you might have a phase noisey LNB? You do seem to suffer a glitch/jitter problem which might not affect other not so sensitive tuners.
As Midnight R has confirmed the same issue I will have a look again when they are transmitting in HD again.
Have a nice weekend!

echelon
17-06-2011, 05:40 PM
My Icecrypt has always juddered/glitched on ITVHD after a period of watching.

Used to do the same on a few other channels as well.

I too get this on various channels , like bbc1HD , bbcHD and itv1HD on 28 east and dont get it whgen using a spiderbox on the exact same feed

and yes I do get it on PLTV on 10e as well , as that is usually HD too , but it does not do it when its in SD to my knowledge

this is a problem that does seem to affect only some HD channels , I have no idea why but it does happen , and its not the actual box , not the feed or feeds , and not the internet or lan , and not my lnb either. the spider works just fine in the exact same spot !

it must be the firmware , and although I have no idea why it does it , you dont get it on the SD channels

its also been reported on here in the past , with no updates or fixes that I know of

ColdAsICE
17-06-2011, 05:55 PM
This is a difficult one to pin down as I have not seen the S4000 do this on a live stream. I watch those channels at home, as well as at work and it is not anything I have experianced apart from when the reciver is loaded with too many plugins and time shift recording at the same time which will cause processor to run out of resouces to do its job correctly. This will normally finally also cause the reciever to lock up.
Can I suggest that as these channels are FTA please try switching off the time shift recording and any plugins as a test. If this stops the glitching or increases the period between them then switch them back on one at a time until the glitches reappear.
Please let me know your results.

echelon
17-06-2011, 06:03 PM
well I dont do any time shift recording so dont think I have those plugins or whatever

I will turn off xcam and try it without it activated , and also ensure no other plugins are active

I have had it this week on all the 4 fta 28e HD channels , bbc , itv and ch4 when watching programs like antiques roadshow , marrs cities etc , so ended up reverting to SD channels with no glitching at all

it is annoying that it happens on those fta channels and doesnt happen if I substitute a spiderbox or dreambox or similar HD boxes onto the same feed , thus eliminating the dishes and lnb,s from the equation , I may have a look at c5HD as a comparison as the freesat card feeds it via xcam from the dm

ColdAsICE
17-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Do you have a HDD fitted?
The time shift option is defaulted to "on" in the standard firmware so having an internal HDD will mean you will be time shift recording without even knowing it.
I need to duplicate your issue to try to find the cause thats why I asked to turn off the Time shift recording and plugins.
At present I don't see them so I need to know what is differance between your set up and mine.

echelon
17-06-2011, 09:39 PM
thanks for that , didnt know the timeshift was on , or defaulted to on in the recording section , and yes , I have a 3.5 inch 500 gig sata hdd fitted internally

turned off the xcam first and made no difference , got worse until "service error" appeared ( on coast , bbcHD )

turned timeshift off and its a lot better with little or no glitching or freeezing or black screens

will see how I get on with timeshift and manual recording set to off

as for transponders , this happened on the old bbc channels as well as these latest ones , and checking all 5 standard HD channels they have varying S/R and some way below the 30000 , so I am not sure about this 30000 problem listed on here

maybe its this timeshift thing , never use it so didnt know it was there even , anyways , its off now

its worth noting that my sly HD plus box is on the same octo lnb and zone 2 dish , and never had that problem even though it will timeshift etc

my spiderbox is also on a feed from that octo , as is an SD sly box and they have no problems either , the octo was fitted last year by me for sly HD and subsequently I ran in shotgun cables to the ice

ManikM
18-06-2011, 07:58 AM
another basic bug that has never been ironed out, is the scanning problem, it just hangs half way through a sat channel scan, very frustrating

chris217
18-06-2011, 11:09 AM
thanks for that , didnt know the timeshift was on , or defaulted to on in the recording section , and yes , I have a 3.5 inch 500 gig sata hdd fitted internally

turned off the xcam first and made no difference , got worse until "service error" appeared ( on coast , bbcHD )

turned timeshift off and its a lot better with little or no glitching or freeezing or black screens

I also watched Coast yesterday evening. My receiver has time shift switched off and no plugins installed. No glitches or other errors were noticed. (It was also raining heavily at the time.)

ColdAsICE
20-06-2011, 05:17 PM

will see how I get on with timeshift and manual recording set to off

as for transponders , this happened on the old bbc channels as well as these latest ones , and checking all 5 standard HD channels they have varying S/R and some way below the 30000 , so I am not sure about this 30000 problem listed on here

maybe its this timeshift thing , never use it so didnt know it was there even , anyways , its off now

its worth noting that my sly HD plus box is on the same octo lnb and zone 2 dish , and never had that problem even though it will timeshift etc

my spiderbox is also on a feed from that octo , as is an SD sly box and they have no problems either , the octo was fitted last year by me for sly HD and subsequently I ran in shotgun cables to the ice

I think the time shift recordings is the root cause of your glitching. The HDD is not running fast enough to record the HD stream thus its causing buffering errors seen as video glitching. Changing the HDD to a faster responding one or leaving time shift option off will help solve your problem. This is not the issue with ManiKM as he has mentioned that he is getting glitching using E2 as well as original firmware. E2 doesn't have the Time shifting option defaulted to on.

I would be more sympathetic to his requests but continues threats of selling his unit , cheap snipes and running down the product doesn't encourage me to help much.

Having said all of that I'm not refusing to help as ManiKM is a valued Icecrypt Master and I would like to sort out the glitching problem as it does intrigue me.

I have been monitoring and even recording the PL channel with no glitching to be seen. Also I cannot lock up any of my S4000's on a channel search(unless you are doing blind searches which can lock up any reciever, normally caused by streams that don't have the correct NIT thus confusing the reciever).
As I cannot replicate the reported faults it indicates its a local issue.
If its not an LNB issue then it might be a tuner problem and that would be easy to test, just switch tuners and see if you still have a problem. I doubt that both tuners have the same fault.
Maybe we could find the cause and redeem the Icecrypt brand in ManiKM's eyes.

ManikM
20-06-2011, 09:09 PM
you have got me all wrong mate, i am not a hater - in fact, i have helped people on this board using MSN up until 3am, off my own back.

it just frustrates me that after paying £250 for this receiver, it still has basic bugs that should have been ironed out ages ago.

re the channel scan, it happens randomly, goto 16e, just do a scan with network scan on....do it 5 times, and see how many times it hangs...it wasn't a blind scan.

in my opinion, if it wasnt for my "snipes", and other people agreeing the problem is not one of my fantasies, then you wouldnt even be looking at the problems, putitng them down to "user error"

if u want me to test something , do let me know, as i would like to sort the problems out for me, and for you.

ColdAsICE
21-06-2011, 03:37 PM
I know you don't really hate your Icecrypt otherwise you would have quit ages ago.
I assure you that I do look at all your issues without the snipes, but unless I can repeat them here they are impossible to clear.
Its difficult enough to get the obvious ones cleared sometimes as you already know. I sound like a broken record sometimes.
All I can say is keep the faith Icecrypt master.

plaskotki
21-06-2011, 03:43 PM
I know you don't really hate your Icecrypt otherwise you would have quit ages ago.
I assure you that I do look at all your issues without the snipes, but unless I can repeat them here they are impossible to clear.
Its difficult enough to get the obvious ones cleared sometimes as you already know. I sound like a broken record sometimes.
yes, ManikM. We need your inquisitive mind and your perceverance. Don't give up!

ManikM
21-06-2011, 05:03 PM

when is 4.2.2 video coming!!!??

:respect-057:

ColdAsICE
21-06-2011, 05:19 PM
:rofl:

Leapards and spots come to mind.

echelon
23-06-2011, 12:23 AM
still getting the same problem even in the newest firmware

just been watching itv1HD and the screen pixellated badly , froze , and then dropped to service error , so had to switch to itv1 SD which is fine as usual

also cant get the white card working in mcas either ( as mentioned in another thread )

Gaza
23-06-2011, 05:13 AM
still getting the same problem even in the newest firmware

just been watching itv1HD and the screen pixellated badly , froze , and then dropped to service error , so had to switch to itv1 SD which is fine as usual

also cant get the white card working in mcas either ( as mentioned in another thread )

there is a new Mcas plug in not to sure if its on this forum as i dont use Mcas was not that intrested but if you cant find it i shall upload it

ManikM
23-06-2011, 07:06 AM
ive uploaded it mate, Ech, have you tried that one (June 17)

echelon
23-06-2011, 07:44 AM
ive uploaded it mate, Ech, have you tried that one (June 17)

no not yet m8 as I was checking the white card , then left it on itv1HD and then got this glitching , frozen screen and then service error again , and no timeshift at all

this thread was about glitching so dont want it off topic as the other thread was the white card issue

plaskotki
23-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Tried the 1.09.20 yesterday. Mcas not working with it. The other channels seemed to have worked ok, but to be honest, I had no time to give it a proper go as I had a timer set from Cyfra+. Reverted back to .94

ManikM
26-06-2011, 11:12 AM
PLTV isnt glitching anymore on latest Octagon f/w

reboot
27-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Not glitching on the Icecrypt firmware either