PDA

View Full Version : "service error"

ManikM
23-06-2011, 09:08 AM
echelon has raised this with a recent ITV HD problem, i must admit i've never had breakups or glitching on the MAIN HD FTA channels, but just the strange ones such as Bulsat, the odd HD feed, and PLTV (as we all know)

the topic of service error is quite an interesting one, ive seen this a few times, but normally with feeds, as i belive a classic service error type message would mean the feed would be in 4.2.2

echelon, there are about 5 ITV HD channels from memory, Granada, Central, etc etc, have you tried the others?

echelon
23-06-2011, 09:45 AM
I am using the granada itv HD channel , but have had the problem on bbcHD ( which is on its own ) and also the bbc1HD and ch4HD ones too , and although I dont remember it say a year ago its been with me a while on the last image and also now on this one , and turning off the timeshift recording etc has not helped much ( but did reduce it last week )

I usually find its ok for say 5 or 10 minutes , then start to get pixellating and breakup , a frozen pixellated screen followed by service error , and the HD channels no longer work until I reboot ( but the SD ones work fine and never fail ) , but it can vary and sometimes a whole programme may be fine

no I havent tried the other channels

the lnb is an octo fitted only last year , which also supplies a sly SD box and a spiderbox with no problems on them

the cable was brand new shotgun cable fitted at the same time as the octo , and the dish is a zone 2 with better signal

ie:- its not the dish , not the cable , not the connectors, and not the lnb either

its obviously not the card as there isnt one in there and it happens even with ethernet disconnected so its not mcas or xcam as its happens with them switched off

ManikM
23-06-2011, 11:05 AM
i think you are suffering more than most with that one mate to be honest, hard to fathom.

i recently watched and recorded the recent Grand Prix (the wet one) using my ICE and had no problems with glitching...hmmm maybe i was using AAF E2 at the time...cant remember.

echelon
01-07-2011, 03:53 PM
I am still getting HD channels dropping out to service error after watching them for a few minutes

this includes all of the four FTA freesat HD channels on 28e , and no pvr recording or instant replay or anything else enabled , and that is using the newest firmware too

I am using loader 1.21 if that is any help ( its always been that ) and from a clean boot its fine , but eventually it starts glitching and breaking up , then freezes , and finally drops to service error on the video , although the sound remains ok and carries on working regardless

SD channels are fine , and I dont remember this in earlier firmware , and I havent found a solution yet , although my spiderbox works ok on the same feeds , and I have other boxes fed by the same octo situated on my sly zone 2 dish , with no problems either

ManikM
01-07-2011, 04:27 PM
its weird mate, i do not get that at all...is your signal strong...does it deteriorate before turning into signal error

echelon
01-07-2011, 05:09 PM
its weird mate, i do not get that at all...is your signal strong...does it deteriorate before turning into signal error

the picture deteriorates until it freezes with terrible colours , sound remains ok throughout , and SD channels still work

just checked the signals on that 28e feed and the strength averages 94% with quailty of about 82" , although some channels drop lower to about 73%

I would say the average is about 80% signal across the range