PDA

View Full Version : let the guide commence...

ManikM
25-06-2011, 08:36 AM
birds just gone to work, i have until 5pm

time to trash my box!

ManikM
25-06-2011, 10:16 AM
EPIC FAILURE!!
I was trying to put on my original bootloader, using the AAF recovery tool 4.6, but i'm afraid i have been scared off by the following:

Note:
Using the ART feature Original U-Boot Install will set the reseller id back to Atevio!
If you need to flash back your brands original bootloader (i.e. Octagon), you need
download the “ubootflasherOrg.app” file designed for your model and copy it into the
ART program directory.
You must not use an original bootloader image (i.e. created with cat
/dev/mtdblock0), this will crash your receiver!!!

Therefore, as i dont understand what they are saying, i cannot justify potentially bricking my box just to be in the position where i was several months ago, before applying the E2 upgrade.

I will happily do this on untampered box, but i cant take the risk of going backwards, and then forwards again just to do***ent for others.

Sorry guys!

echelon
25-06-2011, 10:30 AM
think that last answer kind of proves my point which says dont undertake this if you cannot get it back to how it started when bought , as if its a one way trip you are stuck with it if no solution or suitable jtag + files are found

even if it was still original todays posts have shown you may brick the box using original firmware , meaning you may have to flash the bootloader etc

so to make it something completely different with no return is a step you have to consider carefully , and in my case I have an E2 box so I wont be trying this as its too radical

ps:- can I suggest you place warnings in any other previous posts/guides you have made regarding E2 changes etc , so members will know its a one way trip ?

ManikM
25-06-2011, 10:37 AM
i feel like ive let everyone down, as its not THAT bad a procedure.

the biggest problem lies with the bootloader, this becomes a custom one during the procedure, and there doesnt seem to be a CLEAR route to remove maxi-uboot, and put the original loader back - therefore i cannot begin to do***ent.

when i first did this, i was biting my lip at every stage of the way, LOL

echelon
25-06-2011, 10:42 AM
i feel like ive let everyone down, as its not THAT bad a procedure.

the biggest problem lies with the bootloader, this becomes a custom one during the procedure, and there doesnt seem to be a CLEAR route to remove maxi-uboot, and put the original loader back - therefore i cannot begin to do***ent.

when i first did this, i was biting my lip at every stage of the way, LOL

as you can see in my recent posts regarding this , its the bootloader that is always crucial to any box , and when you have had to rescue bricked tm1500 or samsung 9500 , or built jtags for those on here who had broken their tm9100 and they had to use a proper pc with parallel port in order to jtag the bootflash , then you may understand why I have written what I have done in various threads today , including the use of a proper pc running xp

extreme caution should always be excercised when flashing boxes , and especially bootloaders like on the ice4000 , tm9100 , dm500 and 800 and many other boxes , even with official files

dizz
25-06-2011, 10:20 PM
I refer you all to my previous post where I provided a link to the two hdfreak plugins that restore the latest default bootloader or an e2 loader. Usb stick only needed, manufacturer is selectable.

I'm not going to get involved with people modding their boxes though. I know what i'm doing and have spent hours putting mistakes right. Play around at your own risk. Also if you look on the German forums you'll find a new Oscam and also a lot about redcam which will help you troubleshoot your cccam setup with ecm times etc. Use Google Chrome it will automatically translate the pages.

Add. You have to join octagon-forum to download what I'm referring to.

plaskotki
26-06-2011, 12:46 AM
EPIC FAILURE!!
I was trying to put on my original bootloader, using the AAF recovery tool 4.6, but i'm afraid i have been scared off by the following:

Note:
Using the ART feature Original U-Boot Install will set the reseller id back to Atevio!
If you need to flash back your brands original bootloader (i.e. Octagon), you need
download the “ubootflasherOrg.app” file designed for your model and copy it into the
ART program directory.
You must not use an original bootloader image (i.e. created with cat
/dev/mtdblock0), this will crash your receiver!!!

Therefore, as i dont understand what they are saying, i cannot justify potentially bricking my box just to be in the position where i was several months ago, before applying the E2 upgrade.

I will happily do this on untampered box, but i cant take the risk of going backwards, and then forwards again just to do***ent for others.

Sorry guys!

As you know I have been through this process myself very recently. I reverted my box to Atevio. Then installed Maxiboot again to be able to install icecrypt software after changing the reselller id. Then I used the HDF plugin to change the bootloader to icecrypt 1.54 version. I was a bit scared when I saw the message you are referring to as well, but it was easy to do.

ManikM
26-06-2011, 11:10 AM
do u mean u already had maxiboot installed, BUT then went back to original ICECRYPT loader?

if so, how do you do that in the AAF rec tool? click on UBOOT ?

what loader does it put on if so?

once you did this, did you then go back to maxi-uboot?

plaskotki
26-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Yes, thats right. I had to install maxi ro be able to change id. Aaf (4.5) installed L1.21. Hdf plugin updated it to 1.54.

dizz
27-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Nb. You just select icecrypt in the plugin.

dizz
27-06-2011, 07:36 AM
Also there is now a plugin to auto download plugin on that forum.

ManikM
27-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Yes, thats right. I had to install maxi ro be able to change id. Aaf (4.5) installed L1.21. Hdf plugin updated it to 1.54.

IM confused - u dont need to installe maxiboot to change reseller id, there is a tab at the end of the recovery tool to change id. it goes like this...

SETTINGS - RECOVERY IMAGE - MAXI BOOTDESC DEFAULTS - MAXI U-BOOT INSTALL - ORIGINAL U-BOOT INSTALL - FLASH E2 IMAGE - FLASH ORIGINAL IMAGE - RESELLER-ID

plaskotki
27-06-2011, 09:18 AM
IM confused - u dont need to installe maxiboot to change reseller id, there is a tab at the end of the recovery tool to change id. it goes like this...

SETTINGS - RECOVERY IMAGE - MAXI BOOTDESC DEFAULTS - MAXI U-BOOT INSTALL - ORIGINAL U-BOOT INSTALL - FLASH E2 IMAGE - FLASH ORIGINAL IMAGE - RESELLER-ID
There is a tab, but when I used the AAF recovery tool to revert the box to the original settings (it only reverts it to Atevio), the 'Change the Reseller ID' tab was greyed out. To overcome this, I installed the maxiboot loader, which then allowed me to change the reseller ID.

ManikM
27-06-2011, 11:30 AM
There is a tab, but when I used the AAF recovery tool to revert the box to the original settings (it only reverts it to Atevio), the 'Change the Reseller ID' tab was greyed out. To overcome this, I installed the maxiboot loader, which then allowed me to change the reseller ID.

ahhh ok, that makes sense mate.

i meant to ask, did upgrading the bootloader help with the HDMI problem on E2 ??

plaskotki
27-06-2011, 11:51 AM
ahhh ok, that makes sense mate.

i meant to ask, did upgrading the bootloader help with the HDMI problem on E2 ??
I have not tried E2 since I've upgraded the bootloader, but as far as I understand, it would be ovewritten by maxiboot so I don't think it would make any difference.

ManikM
27-06-2011, 12:09 PM
it doesnt get overwritten mate, cos when i go into the ori f/w's system status, it reports loader 1. - might be worth a try...as it fixes hdmi issue

also, why the massive jump from 1.21 to 1.54...lots of fixes?