PDA

View Full Version : LNB advice wanted

dog-man
30-06-2011, 03:24 PM
I have purchased a new quad lnb to replace my failing invacom 0.3 lnb.

It's been a long time since I set up my motorised system so can't remember if the lnb on an offset dish sits with 0 at the top or does it need to be skewed towards one side?

dog-man

alfred_1
30-06-2011, 03:30 PM
I have purchased a new quad lnb to replace my failing invacom 0.3 lnb.

It's been a long time since I set up my motorised system so can't remember if the lnb on an offset dish sits with 0 at the top or does it need to be skewed towards one side?

dog-man

No m8 with a Motorised system the 0 should be at the top...the skewing is effectivly done with Motor angulation.

dog-man
30-06-2011, 04:34 PM
That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming.

dog-man

johnhenry
30-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Hi dog-man m8 reference your new Quad LNB would be interesting to know how it preformed with regard to your invacom 0.3 LNB.
Also what is the actual model Quad you purchased my reason is that one of my LNB's is now 4 years old and i am wondering what i am missing in performance on Thor 0.8w. Best johnhenry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dog-man
30-06-2011, 04:58 PM
It's a Titanium 0.1db quad lnb.

The invacom quad was a 0.3 quad.

I hope to fit it tomorrow, weather allowing.

I will report here if there is any improvement, although Iwill have to take into account that the invacom has been failing for some time and I didn't realise it.

The final straw was a few days ago when it was around 35c where I live and the output for my Vu duo could only display vertical channels (I think it was) and these were having occasional pixellation. I changed outputs and it was fine again.

I am sure it's been failing for some considerable time as I have been getting wildy varying signal strength and quality levels.

Must get myself a new motor as well as the old one has been blown about by the wind.

dog-man

pmb
30-06-2011, 07:57 PM
I've recently replaced an Invacom twin with the quad version and found no difference. Be interested to hear if the tit performs better.

cosworth4x4
30-06-2011, 11:48 PM
check pm.:respect-048: