PDA

View Full Version : cannot get a signal dish

cutain
30-06-2011, 08:58 PM
hi all i have 80cm dish with rotor sat stab motor mounted on a scafold pole,ground mounted.

because of extensions /bushes/ etc i can only recieve hotbird, however a neibours high growing bushes made the signal so poor i used another dish for reception.

recently all bushes etc have been removed, and i replaced the satelite cable(after acidently shearing it in half whilst gardening) but found i could not move the moter by using my spiderbox hd9000 disque.

i have a cane in front of dish which is the position for hotbird, (all was ok a while back with humax 5400, so dish elevation etc is correct)

so i rotated the whole dish/moter/pole by hand to the rough position of hotbird but cannot get a signal s=60 q=2 tweeking e or w still gives nothing.

i found there was water in the lnb due to a cracked lnb cap, but cannot determine if its a faulty lnb or something else, a fence is in the line of site but visually it looks to low to be the cause.

i have tried to set up dish moter again by setting dish stab moter to zero degrees / 11 am pointing to the sun to get (due south)

if i input long/lat usals select hotbird , the dish is in a totally differant position to my referance cane for hotbird?/

i have set motor to off and moved dish by hand to original hotbird position but i cannot get any signal??

thank you

BOOGIBEAR
30-06-2011, 09:23 PM
replace lnb regardless,,then check cable for water penetration,,seen water travel all the way down to receiver which fooked it up,not saying it's happened to yours,what kind of 80cm dish is it ??:respect-048: