PDA

View Full Version : White card and Mcas

geoffh
03-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Ok, white cards and Mcas work for freesat from sly, but will it work if you want to upgrade the card to view official subscription channels like espn or sly sports and how would you go about it if it was possible

echelon
03-07-2011, 10:05 PM
only sly can upgrade a card m8 ( in one of their boxes )

if you are asking about any other method of hacking sly cards or sly equipment , you clearly have not read the rules here , so read them again please

ManikM
04-07-2011, 11:06 AM
you need to subscribe to obtain a card with other channels mate.

i'm sure they will GIVE you a receiver to go with it! why not use that?

geoffh
04-07-2011, 11:29 AM
echelon,
I wasn't thinking of hacking. I do know the rules. I know what I am asking was possible using the old diablo cam to officialally subscribe and open the channels but you had to renew the keys every month by putting the official card back into an official receiver. So wondered if you could do the same with Mcas, thats all.
ManikM.
Just want to use the one box for convenience, I probably won't go there for other reasons but just wondered if it was possible
Thanks for the feedback still learning alot
Geoffh

echelon
04-07-2011, 11:39 AM
echelon,
I wasn't thinking of hacking. I do know the rules. I know what I am asking was possible using the old diablo cam to officialally subscribe and open the channels but you had to renew the keys every month by putting the official card back into an official receiver. So wondered if you could do the same with Mcas, thats all.
ManikM.

Just want to use the one box for convenience, I probably won't go there for other reasons but just wondered if it was possible
Thanks for the feedback still learning alot
Geoffh

perhaps you should have said that and explained better in post 1 then ?

you certainly misled me there

so basically , you are asking if mcas can update a white freesat card ( and therefore a subbed card too ) using the icecrypt inbuilt card readers and mcas

that I do not know , but use of a slybox will

it can be done in dreamboxes and spiderboxes , and also if you have a spiderbox you could serve out using newcamd from the spider into the icecrypt using xcam , and let the spiderbox do the updating ( same applies for a dreambox too )

so although I cannot say for the icecrypt , it is possible using other boxes

geoffh
04-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Echelon, I will try to be more clear in the future and thanks for the feedback. I did read somewhere that you have to type in the serial number of the original sly box into to the multicam but I think that was for a Technomate stb, so wondered if you could do the same with the Icecrypt

echelon
04-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Echelon, I will try to be more clear in the future and thanks for the feedback. I did read somewhere that you have to type in the serial number of the original sly box into to the multicam but I think that was for a Technomate stb, so wondered if you could do the same with the Icecrypt

those details are for enabling movies and sport to work in any other box , including spiderbox and dreambox ( the boxkey )

so I assume its the same for an icecrypt , or in this case for mcas seeing as its the emu you are using , but any other emus still require it for movies and sport ( but not the family pack )

geoffh
06-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Echelon,
So if I have understood you correctly and if this can be done with an Icecrypt box the Mcas will open the basic family pack and auto update (providing of course I update the white card for sub purposes) would this also work with the same package in HD (with the apprpopraite increase in subs)

echelon
06-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Echelon,
So if I have understood you correctly and if this can be done with an Icecrypt box the Mcas will open the basic family pack and auto update (providing of course I update the white card for sub purposes) would this also work with the same package in HD (with the apprpopraite increase in subs)

I would assume so yes , for the family pack SD and family pack HD , as it does in other boxes like spiderbox , dreambox and blade

I cannot tell you if the au works on the ice using mcas though , although it does with sly box , dreambox and spiderbox , maybe others too

but you would need a sly HD box as your paired box in order to get HD enabled , so no good if you are paired to an SD box as they wont update it

so assuming your sly box is HD , and you pay £10.50p per month extra for the HD entitlements , you will get the family pack and any HD channels within that same pack , and for sports and movies the boxkey would need adding too

thats the theory anyway

geoffh
06-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Thanks echelon,very usefull feedback plus adding all the time to my knowledge base. If I choose to give it a go I will let you know on the forum although not likely in the near future because I would need to aquire a Sly HD box in the first instance
Cheers geoff