PDA

View Full Version : tom tom xl

davemaden
07-07-2011, 06:49 PM
i want to update a tom tom xl for the first time so will need to patch it first , nav core is 8.083 and i dont think latest maps work with that so how do i put latest navcore on and do o put navcore on before i patch device . is it also the same procedure as ive just done with my tt 520 to update maps . thanks

Russell1
07-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Same method as for the 520, but will have to use the maps with no IQ Routes or ALG.

davemaden
07-07-2011, 09:47 PM
are the maps for this on here ?

Russell1
07-07-2011, 10:53 PM
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=149255
post no 15

davemaden
08-07-2011, 07:26 AM
thanks Russel . is it possible to put a later navgore on the xl or will this not make any difference to which map i can put on it ? just wanted to put latest navcore on before i try to patch it . thanks

Russell1
08-07-2011, 08:01 AM
It is possible to use a version higher that v8.204 & then you can use the maps with IQ Routes & ALG. Remember to make a full back up copy first incase you have problems.

davemaden
08-07-2011, 03:22 PM
do i put latest navcore on from bbs tools and if so is this done before patching ? also is it possible for the ten digit number of my device to contain just numbers and no letters , as there are four numbers then a / then six more numbers is this correct ? thanks sorry ignore that about device number ive found it now its eight capital letters and two numbers

Russell1
08-07-2011, 08:27 PM
I havent tried doing it with bbs tools, but as long as you have got a full back up - give it a try. I've got a Go730, so I can use the original navcore & only have to patch it, so I have not tried to use any other versions. I dont know if you will still need to patch the ttsysem file after using bbs tools as the version it installs may already be patched. No need to patch anything before you have got the navcore you want to use installed.

davemaden
09-07-2011, 10:23 PM
ive backed up device . if i try to update navcore and patch the system then i have trouble putting the map on . is it just a case of deleting everything off the device and then copying and pasting everything back on to device from my original backed up files ? or will the fact that ive patched the system affect my original map and how it works . thanks

Russell1
10-07-2011, 06:58 AM
What problems are you having trying to put the map on ? Just use Windows explorer to add map folder.
To restore back up - yes delete everything - again use windows explorer & then paste all the old files. Patching the system only affects the ttsystem file for the navcore version you have patched - every time you update (or restore) you will have to patch the ttsystem file again if you want to use any copied maps.

davemaden
10-07-2011, 12:10 PM
not having problems yet , was just asking in case i do .just wanted to put a 8.xxx navcore on so i could use the same maps as i used for the 520 . you say every time i update i will have to patch the system but when ive just updated the 520 ( that was already patched ) i didnt have to patch that again and map went on ok . why was that or am i getting confused? thanks

davemaden
10-07-2011, 04:55 PM
ive loaded the v870.3417 and activated it ok but when i re boot device it says problem with map you cannot use this map on this device . please help

davemaden
10-07-2011, 05:56 PM
done it now , i hadnt patched the tts to begin with . ive loaded speed cameras in map folder , are they ok just pasted into map folder in the unzipped yellow folder or do i need to paste them all in individually ? thanks for all your help

davemaden
10-07-2011, 07:00 PM
ok all sorted thanks for all your help Russell

Russell1
11-07-2011, 12:02 AM
ok all sorted thanks for all your help Russell

:hurray::hurray:

davemaden
11-07-2011, 05:30 PM
just one quick one . when setting noises for cameras you are asked to tick to use "only on route" if you tick it does it mean it will only beep at cameras when you have programmed destination in or will it beep if you are just driving around in general . thanks

Russell1
11-07-2011, 10:54 PM
My personal choice is not to tick the box - I get a few extra warnings for cameras that are at the side of my routes, but that's not a problem.