PDA

View Full Version : need smp863x BSP

biss_whisperer
12-07-2011, 11:31 PM
All my google searches point to this thread.

Recently I acquired a couple Sigma Envision 8634 development boards.
Board ID.: "852-E2"
Chip Revision: 0x8634:0x83

Flash is S29GL128N

DDR0 bank is 2x VDD9616A8A-5CG
DDR1 bank is 2x VDD8616A8A-5BG

Does anyone has a link to Sigma's BSP for WinCE6.0 or even 5.0?

Seems odd that virtually all SMP863x sources have been leaked to the public, but I cannot find the BSP for any version of WinCE.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

biss_whisperer
15-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Looks like there are just Watchers in the technical forum these days.

What happened to the Doers?

I understand my question is WAY off topic with respect to the thread.

My dreamspark.com account gives me access to ALL the necessary tools to create my own platform and apps.

All I NEED is sigma's board support package for there tango2 board (smp863x envision).

If this not the best place to ask then please direct to the appropriate technical forum, blog, or mailing list.

Its ridiculous to think all the smp863x sources are public, but a Board Support Package does not exist publicly.

Thanks in advance.

xanadu
15-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Why not search the forum for SMP8634 for starters.

Don't think there is anything on here for WIN CE

Not sure if this helps https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?p=714309&highlight=smp8634#post714309

biss_whisperer
16-07-2011, 03:42 AM
Why not search the forum for SMP8634 for starters.
Its been done to death along with google

Don't think there is anything on here for WIN CE
Thats what I cant understand. How does the complete SDK get released to the public, but WinCE BSP is MIA?

Not sure if this helps https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?p=714309&highlight=smp8634#post714309
I have already downloaded all those packages long time ago, but thanks anyway.

Here is quote directly from SDK

Required materials:
SMP8634 Envision or Vantage board.
JTAG device (to burn boot loader if there is no CE boot loader on the board).
The Windows CE 5.0 installation discs.
A Windows XP PC.
The SMP8634 Windows CE BSP. It should be a .msi file. This package is a Windows CE 5.0 kernel port plus peripheral drivers (IDE, Ethernet, I2C, IR, USB 1.1, USB 2.0, UART, and smart card). This is similar to the armutils package that is provided for Linux development. Full source code to the BSP is supplied. The BSP, or "board support package", is intended to run on an envision or vantage 8634. It assumes the board has 128MB connected to DRAM0.
The SMP8634 Windows CE Multimedia Drivers package. This package contains drivers such as a GDI driver, and direct show filters. Installing these drivers into your image will allow you to develop multimedia applications (IPTV, ASF players, etc). These drivers are provided as binaries only.

Oh well, thanks again.