PDA

View Full Version : totally frustrated and confused on purchase

we are borg
13-07-2011, 12:15 PM
I went to purchase a 9000hd from our sponsors who unfortunately are out of stock.

I want to know if I get a box and it has not got a free "gift" with it can I do that myself.

I dont want the dual tuner version as I already have 2 recording devices for terrestrial tv.

Any help or direction would be appreciated chaps.

we are borg

echelon
13-07-2011, 12:29 PM
I went to purchase a 9000hd from our sponsors who unfortunately are out of stock.

I want to know if I get a box and it has not got a free "gift" with it can I do that myself.

I dont want the dual tuner version as I already have 2 recording devices for terrestrial tv.

Any help or direction would be appreciated chaps.

we are borg

the gift is registered using the mac code of the box

so if you buy a box with an unregistered mac code , then no you cannot do it yourself

its highly unlikely that you will buy an unregistered box however

the same also applies to the other boxes

and if you dont need the rf tuner , extra scart , and cam slot then the 7000HD would suffice , or wait until the 9000HD is back in stock

we are borg
13-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Echelon

Thanks for that.

I am going to order the dual tuner from the sponsor at least i know I can trust them.

we are borg

we are borg
16-07-2011, 05:46 PM
just to update you I now have the box with patch and c hannel list loaded but have to sort out internet connection yet.

When it said you can use homeplugs are they talking about using the 13amp wireless telephone adaptor or special ones for a Rj45 cable .

we are borg

echelon
16-07-2011, 05:52 PM
just to update you I now have the box with patch and c hannel list loaded but have to sort out internet connection yet.

When it said you can use homeplugs are they talking about using the 13amp wireless telephone adaptor or special ones for a Rj45 cable .

we are borg

homeplugs are a pair of adapters that plug into the mains , and use the ring main for communication

they have rj45 ethernet ports on them to use cat5 standard straight wired leads , one at the router end and one at the spiderbox ( or any box ) end

spiderplugs , solwise , powerline , belkin , devolo , newlink , western digital livewire , are just a few makes

we are borg
16-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Getting some plugs tomorrow for £54 from argos and gives me a chance to get rid of my nectar oints as i have over £100 worth.

So at a bbq tomorrow with my m8's who are Royal Marines who are on leave but may get it all finished tomorrow. And there is big hangar at the base for us to use if its piddling down.

we are borg

TonyO
16-07-2011, 08:04 PM
WIFI Bridge Adapter Router might be usefull, turn your spider into a wifi reciever.

I've ordered one and will report back if its any good, just over £20 and free postage seemed a reasonable deal.

keith mawer
16-07-2011, 08:15 PM
hiya i have 2 home plugs upstairs/downstairs,,,
actually i was very nervous , when i got them ,, in as much as will they work!
the answer is there really good!!!

pauldoherty
16-07-2011, 10:47 PM
WIFI Bridge Adapter Router might be usefull, turn your spider into a wifi reciever.

I've ordered one and will report back if its any good, just over £20 and free postage seemed a reasonable deal.

Tony,

I'm interested in how you get on with that one - make sure you post back!

BRUTUS
17-07-2011, 12:13 AM
I have the bridge and it works very well. I use it for other devices as well as the spiderbox upstairs. Nothing to worry about.

we are borg
17-07-2011, 12:03 PM
go the homeplugs and a dioddle to set up and get going and now connected to service+

i am sure I will have more questions and now need to find what is currently open to test it .

we are borg

lonewolfe
17-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Tony,

I'm interested in how you get on with that one - make sure you post back!

Have been using a bridge adaptor, with my spider, for over 6months and it works perfectly.