PDA

View Full Version : Invacom LNB cover shot

Keano
14-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Guys I have a quad invacom LNBF that I've had a few years and two days ago while having a change round with my sats I touched the yellow protective cover at the end and it just crumbled.
It still works but of course there is no way I can use it because rain with get into it and destroyed it.
So my question is what can I put over the end to act as water proof protector ?

I was thinking a freezer bag then tape it round.

toothfairy
14-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Well you could but if you could get a plastic container or a lid that fits it would be better,

satwyn
14-07-2011, 09:45 PM
how about a condom strawberry flavour

kota
15-07-2011, 01:12 AM
lol

maurice
15-07-2011, 09:02 AM
no banana flavour then it will be the same colour!!!!!!!!!!!

Tmull
15-07-2011, 09:19 AM
I has happened to me. A clear cover from a tube of Pringles does the job. TMULL

TonyO
15-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Clingfilm would work, but insects and birds would make short work of it.

A see through thin plastic lid that you get on fresh food in supermarkets works the best, cut to the the exact size of the feed horn and carefully tape all the way round with amalgamating tape.

Works a treat.

Keano
15-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Tmull & Tony great idea, I have plenty of amalgamating tape here so that wont be a problem I'll find a plastic lid.

Not to sure what a condom is, been with the wife for 16years so no chance with that idea.
Can you imagine if she found a pack of condoms in my pocket and I tell her one of the guys on the forum said to use it for sat hobby. She would bash me over the head with one of my dishes.

mikie8
15-07-2011, 07:17 PM
i used one of those lids you use for open food cans , a new , clean one . i cut the tab off and it slid inside my fibo feedhorn nicely . i used a hot glue gun to seal the edge .

cosworth4x4
15-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Tmull & Tony great idea, I have plenty of amalgamating tape here so that wont be a problem I'll find a plastic lid.

Not to sure what a condom is, been with the wife for 16years so no chance with that idea.
Can you imagine if she found a pack of condoms in my pocket and I tell her one of the guys on the forum said to use it for sat hobby. She would bash me over the head with one of my dishes.

well at least it wont be the 2.4 that would kill you , :smilielol5: