PDA

View Full Version : Getting a new box

charlie
17-07-2011, 07:25 PM
How do i get this box up and running, can any body set me in the correct proceduare

tr8.
17-07-2011, 07:41 PM
What knowledge do you have of Linux or E2 box's?
If so same as usual

I use ICVS as my image the older version from december, work well for me and not need to update to later image.
Reads my white card no probs and work well with freinds.
Mine is connected to a 1.8m channel master via a VboxII so dont use the more common setup.

If not you had better do some reading first, Linux machines are not plug and play, you will have pleanty to learn

charlie
17-07-2011, 07:50 PM
thanks i have a little knowledge just wanted a few prompts or guiadance of how to get going

automan2
17-07-2011, 08:22 PM
just use built in webif to write image you choose. I use oozoon's image and installed barry allen which helps with setup. There is a link somewhere in dreambox section for tunisiasat which helps with plugins.

charlie
22-07-2011, 08:52 PM
I think ive F****d it it now showing "no ca found" cant do anything

dOOds
22-07-2011, 09:17 PM
re-flash ur image with dreamup and null modem cable matey..Get urself a stable image,i recommend open-pli..use Vhannibal settings for all ur channels & settings..hope this helps..please eleborate further for more help..

charlie
22-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Cheers th e modem port on the back of the reciever, is not the type im used to(rs 232) what cable do i need, much appreciate for your help

automan2
22-07-2011, 10:26 PM
try this guide I found
How to Flash a new firmware for DM800 HD

Flashing a new firmware (image) by Browser
What you need to flash
You need the image file you want to flash. Image files have the extension *.nfi. You can't flash other
images like *.img files. Don't try it - it won't work.
You need either a DHCP server, a configured bootloader or a serial cable and a terminal program
like HyperTerm.
You need a browser, and a network cable. If you connect the Dreambox directly to the PC,
you need a cross cable, if you connect trough a switch/hub/router you need a normal
(non-cross) cable.
To flash a new image, you can use the second stage loader. It must be present and not broken.
The following steps assume you have a DHCP server. If you don't have one, you have to setup
an IP address in the bootloader's serial setup.

- Power down the Dreambox, either using "shutdown" and by removing the power connector.
Standby is not enough!
- (1.) Press and hold the power button. Replug the power connector into the Dreambox.
- (3.) A text "*** STOP ***" should appear. Now you can release the button.
The bootloader entered the "waiting" mode.
- (4.) Above the "*** STOP ***" text, there should appear an IP-address
(four decimal values with a dot in between). If there appears the string "dhcp" instead,
the box still searches for a DHCP server. Wait a bit. If it doesn't change, something doesn't
work with the DHCP server. Check wether network cable is plugged in etc. If it just doesn't
work, set an IP using the serial terminal)
- Now, open a browser on your PC.
(1.) enter in the address line "http://ip/" (where ip must be replaced with the value in the LCD).
- (2.) on the bottom of the page, there's a link called "firmware upgrade". Click it.

On the next page, you can select the flash image you want to flash. be sure that it has the ".nfi" extension.
You can't flash other images (like .img)!
- Click on "FLASH!" and wait. It might take some time to upload and flash the image.
- Switch the box off again, and on again. The new image should be flashed and working hope it helps

charlie
22-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Thanks but i need to clear the "no ca found" on the front, i cannot reset it with a null modem cable as it does not have the facility to connect a null modem cable

spikes
22-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Is this a original dream800se?
If it is dream800se clone with sim is in it?
sim2.01 or ferrari sim

charlie
23-07-2011, 06:38 AM
How do you find if its a clone?

spikes
23-07-2011, 08:51 AM
You can see this in the display of the dream by reboot.
And you can find the difference here h**p://wiki.blue-panel.com/index.php/Differences_from_DM800_HD_PVR_to_ Cloneboxes

charlie
23-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Managed to connect dreamup via usb to the service port on the back of the reciever ,how do i get the software to flash, and which one would you recommend, thanks to all for the patiance

barry
23-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Hi charlie,

I have very little knowledge of how to setup a DM 800 HD but I do have this receiver, a clone, which has an RS232 connection.

I used the "dreamup" programme with a crosssover (null) cable to access the box and it worked fine.

You may be able to use "Flash FXP" to do the same thing. Also there is a very useful "how to flash a DM" video on you tube
Good luck

spikes
23-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Managed to connect dreamup via usb to the service port on the back of the reciever ,how do i get the software to flash, and which one would you recommend, thanks to all for the patiance
Maybe this helps :)

charlie
23-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Even tho the pc sees the dreambox via the usb cable,i cannot connect the dreamup to it, it sees the port but wont connect

spikes
23-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Even tho the pc sees the dreambox via the usb cable,i cannot connect the dreamup to it, it sees the port but wont connect
Try it with both usb and utp connect.
Use Network option is ticked.

charlie
23-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Hi spikes
Thanks for your replies and help, tried with and without ethernet to no avail

spikes
23-07-2011, 12:59 PM
First of all i have to know, is this box a clone?
If no, tell me step by step how you did it.
If yes, it is a clone you need an patch dreamup.
They are different for sim 201 and ferrari chip.

charlie
23-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Got the box yesterday so i was setting it up, went to updates in the meu after downloading box froze , i dont know if its a clone or not! but thanks for your help

spikes
23-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Hallo Charlie I see you have dream800SE HD.

Only If it is an clone do it this way:

How to recover your DM800 SE & 500HD Clone From NO CA ERROR

How to recover your DM800 SE & 500HD Clone From NO CA ERROR with SunRay-FlashUp and Browser

First you need a USB-A To mini-usb-B to connect to service socket on back of receiver, and a Network cable to Connect Receiver to PC

Download

1 Sunray -Flashup for 800hdse (google)

2 -- Because sometimes a patched image will not do the trick, i did chose for this manual the factory loaded image and the correct SSL82 for this box
But first try with patched image, you then don't have to do point 10:11:12

AllRussian_20110201 firmware (google)

SSL82 For DM800SE (google)

1--- Connect USB cable to service slot on DM800SE/DM500HD and USB slot on Pc. Windows will then install the driver

You will notice, windows created a virtual Com Port connection to be be used ( in this case Com Port 4)

2 --- Switch Receiver off and connect Network cable Receiver and Router

3 --- Then Start SunRay- FlashUp, Tick Use Network, Fill the relevant boxes with local pc IP and Romote ip of your choose and click Connect.

Program will ask for you to Switch on the receiver.

4 -- It will then go into HTTP mode

5 -- At this stage, you open your browser and insert the remote IP shown on the 800LCD

Page will open as per bellow and then you chose the option Update Firmware.

6 --- Click Browse and navigate to your image

7 --- Chose the image and click Open

8 --- Now click Flash button

9 --- Image will start to

10 --- When it finishes you can click the back button of your browser so we can then send in the bl82 do not reboot

11 Browse and select the SSL82 for your DM800SE Clone

12 --- Once again Click Flash

13 -- After finishing click Reboot. In Most case you will need to do so manually

Box will then reboot and come back to life with image we chose to load. Then you can load your Patched image of your coice as box is functional again

charlie
23-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Halfway there the Sunray is now communicating to the box, got the ip message now on the small screen,got to now configure the rest of the setup tried some images goes back to original fault

spikes
23-07-2011, 06:07 PM
You only have the use Sunray if you have a clone dreambox 800SE box with 2.01 sim in it.
Don't use it with original box.
And don't use clone images on original box.
You have to know what box you have.
1:clone with sim2.01
2:clone with ferrari
3:original box

I think I can not help you any further.

charlie
24-07-2011, 12:57 PM
It is a clone but i dont knowif its the ferrari or sim

spikes
24-07-2011, 03:49 PM
you have pm

sonic
18-09-2011, 01:48 PM
If it's a clone SE then it'll be Sim 2.10.
Upload the NewNigma 2 for the 'SE', you have to upload SE specific images mate.
This is the most stable image out there and the least trouble, it comes with CCam 2.2.1 in the image.
All you have to do is upload, choose the cam from the menu, install yer lines and yer channel settings and yer done.

Great info from spikes by the way, hats off to yer man.

spikes
18-09-2011, 07:17 PM