PDA

View Full Version : FW4USB working in RTI v1.1?

pingflood
17-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Anyone here using RTi v1.1 could manage to make fw4usb work?

Here was working until v1.0, after v1.1 stopped working.
There is any known workaround?

Regards

arko
18-07-2011, 08:40 AM
not working for me , i think is because in this version of image team back to linux 2.6.22, i am not sure

pingflood
18-07-2011, 03:40 PM
not working for me , i think is because in this version of image team back to linux 2.6.22, i am not sure

Thank you for confirming this.

Sad. :(

Blagi
18-07-2011, 08:28 PM
It seems at least some betatesters {like SPAZE Team coders, for instance morphius etc. - as we have read on this forum recently} are testing and reporting seriously, "not just with words" - but the end result is not reflecting their efforts, for whatever reason...

pingflood
18-07-2011, 08:50 PM
It seems at least some betatesters {like SPAZE Team coders, for instance morphius etc. - as we have read on this forum recently} are testing and reporting seriously, "not just with words" - but the end result is not reflecting their efforts, for whatever reason...

I do respect Spaze and Morphius for his very good work. :respect-054:
I wasn't criticizing no one directly, and the ones who did something childish denying and deleting bug reports should recognize itself.

Anyway, I'm editing last post and removing the critic part as we don't need another misunderstanding and flamewar. ;)

All we can do now is hope that dual boot come back on v1.2.

Regards

zeini
18-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Sigma supports their products 863x only by linux to version 2.6.22. Newer linux-versions are not supported by Sigma. So the Sigma-drivers are optimized only to linux version 2.6.22.

pingflood
18-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Sigma supports their products 863x only by linux to version 2.6.22. Newer linux-versions are not supported by Sigma. So the Sigma-drivers are optimized only to linux version 2.6.22.

I thought that Mower was coding drivers from scratch for E2

MoRpHiUS_x
18-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Guys, the problem is that the KEXEC is not enabled on kernel.

We will look at whether the kernel has the option for compile it.

Now I am finishing correcting of a plugin for the SPAZE.

Greetings!

Blagi
19-07-2011, 10:10 AM
I thought that Mower was coding drivers from scratch for E2

Indeed but we heard from RTI that now they have some kind of support in Sigma co. (now - before it was the biggest curse on Earth, the "Sigma support"), so they are collaborating, finally... it seems...

Well, it's no good for Sigma not to support their products properly, is it?

If only we had better USB recognition/mounting in that Kernel 2.6.22...

Blackie
19-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Do you guys think that with help of Sigma we could one day have a real "deep sleep" mode for Azbox Enigma (with less that 10W power consumption and wakeup via remote/front button)? Or it's just not possible?

enzian96
19-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Find this in the RTi Forum

Updates for RTi E2 v.1.1

Update-for user who have problem with dual boot:

pls first copy/overwrite smp8634dvb.ko & nimdetect.ko (you can found in folder : Update_D\E2_Update_Files)
then update kernel (patch.e2) with AZUp (you can found in folder : Update_D\AZUp)

Open source AzboxHD tuner detection kernel module (nimdetect), coded by the_ripper

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VKZWAHF4

rgs,

regards Olaf