PDA

View Full Version : info to input sat location in sat finder

Grahamc
18-07-2011, 02:35 PM
I have bought a SkyLink SL6900 satellite meter and the manual is scant to say the least, excepting for things which are obvious or not in the least important (these are dealt with in some detail). What I need is how to input the satellite longitude. At first when inputting my location (same page) I thought that you input the degrees, minutes etc but there are only 4 spaces, like so, _ _._ _ so I assume you input the location in decimal (found a degree to decimal converter) inputted (if that is correct grammar)that then need to input sat location however with the input of the satellite there are only the same 4 spaces for digits, nothing for easterly or westerly satellites and no clue of what to input. Reading on several forums (not much about my one) I found there are 2 ways to input this information

1. longitude east is 0 to + 180 degrees and longitude west 0 to - 180 degrees (as far as I can see there is no minus sign on the keypad)

2. Input all satellites in degrees east (do I use this way??). Would this be correct as an example Hotbird would be 13 - Astra 2 would be 28.2, now then does this mean 1 west would be entered as 181 and Nilesat 187 etc.

one board said to press 401 return to get services - tried but cannot get them, does anyone know which mode the machine should be in to get this??

Any suggestions would be welcomed
Grahamc