PDA

View Full Version : tomtom one v4 update ?

echelon
19-07-2011, 12:36 PM
hi

just trying to update a tomtom one v4 satnav that was on old software

it was on the following

navcore 6.560 , maps were uk/ire v6.75.1409 and BL was 5.05

having read a few tutorials here I have used tomtomhome and it has updated to an official navcore of 7.9.3 - 9183 , BL 5.3029

so basically it has updated to what they think is the latest BL and Navcore I assume

I have copied all this to a new sdcard and removed the old map folder and places 8.70 maps onto it instead , using the bbs tools copy map function

I have then tried to activate the map in the usual manner by patching the tt file and also editing the m eta.txt , selecting the map folder on the tt sdcard , and pressing the activate button , but this fails to activate

this is my first time on a genuine tom tom satnav , so would appreciate any help

I have seen a download for a navcore 8.24 go500 that russ linked to but havent tried that seeing as the official update only went to v7.903

also , when I tried to download navcores using bbs tools 1.43 it said I had to be registered 9 or premium user ) and so could not work that out
the help file was an old pdf so again not to sure whats going on either

not sure what I can do about this , so if anyone knows the best step please answer , thanks

painter
19-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Have you patched the TT system file?

regards painter

Russell1
19-07-2011, 06:30 PM
What is the map version number ?
v870.3406 will not work with v7.9**, you need the v870.3417 map
If you want to try the v870.3406 map with IQ Routes & Lane Guidance you need at least v8.204 navcore.
Try using one of the maps I posted & use windows explorer to add it to you card.
Delete old map folder first, dont try overwriting any files from the old map folder.
If you have activation problems try using a different activation tool - I've occasionally had activation problems with one tool & then another one worked fine.
If you want to try the v8.204 I've posted, clear everything from your memory card (or use a diferent card) - add all the v8.204 files & then add map & latest v870 postcode files. This navcore is already patched - so only the map needs activating.
Oh - & make sure Tomtom home is completely closed - right click on icon in sys tray & exit.

echelon
19-07-2011, 06:38 PM
What is the map version number ?
v870.3406 will not work with v7.9**, you need the v870.3417 map
If you want to try the v870.3406 map with IQ Routes & Lane Guidance you need at least v8.204 navcore.
Try using one of the maps I posted & use windows explorer to add it to you card.
Delete old map folder first, dont try overwriting any files from the old map folder.
If you have activation problems try using a different activation tool - I've occasionally had activation problems with one tool & then another one worked fine.
If you want to try the v8.204 I've posted, clear everything from your memory card (or use a diferent card) - add all the v8.204 files & then add map & latest v870 postcode files. This navcore is already patched - so only the map needs activating.
Oh - & make sure Tomtom home is completely closed - right click on icon in sys tray & exit.

the map was 870.3417 as is the same on my navigo which worked in 7.9xxx

I did delete the old map folder before adding the new one

I also tried using bbs tools to patch various files like tt and the map , sometimes it said it had done so but always said no on the map

however , somehow I seem to have got it working although unsure how

tt 7.903 using maps 870.3417 seems ok at the moment

when I tried your go500 image I had problems with the voices and other problems so I left that alone for now

I also could not find any way of downloading patched navcores either , other than your go500 upload from megaupload

thanks for the feedback

Russell1
19-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Make a back up now it's all working :)
Lots of various patched versions of Navcore now, have a look on gpsunderground for one that is suitable for your TT one if you want to try the v870.3417 map, but if you're happy with the other map then just leave the navcore as it is as it is the latest official version for your unit.
The version I posted (a few years old now) worked for many users but not for everyone though, more down to luck than anything else.

echelon
19-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Make a back up now it's all working :)
Lots of various patched versions of Navcore now, have a look on gpsunderground for one that is suitable for your TT one if you want to try the v870.3417 map, but if you're happy with the other map then just leave the navcore as it is as it is the latest official version for your unit.
The version I posted (a few years old now) worked for many users but not for everyone though, more down to luck than anything else.

I already got that map running in the official d/l which was navcore 7.903 thanks

must have been after patching the dll etc , so leaving that on it with todays post of speedmaps and added pois etc too

it was wayyyyyyy out of date , probably 2007 ish , so this will do my lad seeing as its working ok

thanks for the help so far

Russell1
19-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Ooops - typo in my last reply sorry, meant to say if you want to try the v870.3406 map.