PDA

View Full Version : I diont believe it box not working

we are borg
19-07-2011, 11:50 PM
turned of my box and it would not boot back up so waited to cool with no power and no good.

Getting F100 message so searched and found fix to be loaded by rs232 and null modem cable.

loaded on to 2 pc's vista and xp and loaded driver for null modem as not used it for a while since programming my hummy 5400.

the frigging thing will not load and stays on F100 message and checked out ports and speeds on port on both pc's and no joy .

Checked latest driver and its ok.

i tested null modem cable on old hummy and its ok

Only had it 4 days hope its not fooked was working fine before with slight freezing on some channels

any help please

we are a ****ed off borg

Plessy
20-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Grab Some Old "Father Ted" Video's and leave it till tomorrow/today ....:king-041:

echelon
20-07-2011, 12:21 AM
turned of my box and it would not boot back up so waited to cool with no power and no good.

Getting F100 message so searched and found fix to be loaded by rs232 and null modem cable.

loaded on to 2 pc's vista and xp and loaded driver for null modem as not used it for a while since programming my hummy 5400.

the frigging thing will not load and stays on F100 message and checked out ports and speeds on port on both pc's and no joy .

Checked latest driver and its ok.

i tested null modem cable on old hummy and its ok

Only had it 4 days hope its not fooked was working fine before with slight freezing on some channels

any help please

we are a ****ed off borg

you should not be using any drivers

it should be a standard pc with inbuilt com ports , set to 115200 baud speed on com1 or com2 , and a null modem cable

in other words , do not use a usb to serial adapter , and switch on after hitting the download button

then use the fix file , and then patch it with feb 2011 boxer patch once more

Plessy
20-07-2011, 12:24 AM
never mentioned what os / but presumed vista ? ....

Opps ! Sorry Xp ....

Sp 2 or 3 ?

echelon
20-07-2011, 12:25 AM
never mentioned what os / but presumed vista ? ....

read it again , he tried one with vista and one with xp

Plessy
20-07-2011, 12:29 AM
you should not be using any drivers

it should be a standard pc with inbuilt com ports , set to 115200 baud speed on com1 or com2 , and a null modem cable

in other words , do not use a usb to serial adapter , and switch on after hitting the download button

then use the fix file , and then patch it with feb 2011 boxer patch once more

Time to Heat Up the Soldering iron and make a Proper 9 Pin Male Serial Connector .... Much to Our Dismay this Craft is Disappearing......

Plessy
20-07-2011, 12:36 AM
Just curious folk's and not trying to offend....
might make some sence to me next week,....
:sifone:

echelon
20-07-2011, 12:38 AM
Time to Heat Up the Soldering iron and make a Proper 9 Pin Male Serial Connector .... Much to Our Dismay this Craft is Disappearing......

he has already tested his null modem cable on his hummy , so its not the cable

best that you stay out of things you do not understand and leave it to those who do , I have been helping him for over a week , not an hour !!!

nuff said

we are borg
20-07-2011, 12:40 AM
bill gates xp and vista and tried with direct rs232 to rs232 still no joy.

The only driver was for the usb seriel when i first tried that which vista asked for .

Thought I had cracked this box with all the help I got on here booh hooh

will try again tomorrow but its not uncommon after googling and have been replaced if i can find one lol

we are borg

echelon
20-07-2011, 12:43 AM
bill gates xp and vista and tried with direct rs232 to rs232 still no joy.

The only driver was for the usb seriel when i first tried that which vista asked for .

Thought I had cracked this box with all the help I got on here booh hooh

will try again tomorrow but its not uncommon after googling and have been replaced if i can find one lol

we are borg

I would not trust those usb adapters m8 , use a proper built in com port using com1 or com2 set to baud rate 115200 , and a null modem cable (crossover cable as used on old hummy and old sammy)

also remember to only switch the spiderbox on after starting the flash running so it catches on boot

keith mawer
20-07-2011, 12:52 AM
gosh i cant believe what i have read .. solder irons ... nul cables!!! also!!!
i have had my s/receiver a few months now and always works 100% fine!!!
also i never touch it ever,,, escept for softcam files and that sort of thing

Aldo
20-07-2011, 01:56 AM
" then use the fix file , and then patch it with feb 2011 boxer patch once more "

There's only one point missing from the info given thus far, after installing the above patch the user must do a Factory Reset, and this does not mean just rebooting the receiver but a full factory reset.

Mickha
20-07-2011, 08:23 AM
When using the null modem cable are you turning the receiver off at the rear?
Have you tried disconnecting the LNB, from your receiver?
How have you got the Spiderbox connected? Shaver adapters are known to cause problems.
Have you got any USB devices connected?

Learning
20-07-2011, 10:12 AM
I had same problem when reconnecting lnb live, shouldnt do it I know but..... was able to reboot later so as Mickha says check lnb and wiring to it.

we are borg
20-07-2011, 11:46 AM
The update

It is now working .

I closed it down and took it off the mains and booted it with lnb and all other leads out and it did F100 then booted as normal.

I then closed it down again and connected lnb and leads and booted ok.

I have noticed that it is struggling to respond not unlike a lack of memory in a pc and sometimes does not respond to remote which I have checked the batteries on and they are at 1.62Volts. I have also removed protective plastic over display panel incase it was that.

I have moved the stb incase its an overheating issue but still slow response sometimes demanding a dozen key inputs to get action.

The files loaded have not become corrupted or dissapeared.

I will have a chat with our sponsors but I will see how it goes and then take any action as necessary.

A big thanks to you all especially echelon who quite correctly says he has gave me endless help and explanations to get me up and running:respect-010:

I did not do a factory reset when I put the boxer patch on is this worth me starting again and doing that ? It did seemed to run fine without me doing it but does not mean that it is now if I missed carrying out that essential step.

we are borg

Aldo
20-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Hi M8

I am please to see that you have got your receiver working again, however it is recommended in the patch instructions that you should do a factory reset:

TNT Fix Patch Spiderbox 9000HD by Boxer26
TNT SD and HD channels fixed.
ecm times added to newcamd info.
Scan result window moved.

Factory reset required.

A factory reset can get rid of any gremlins that may have been in your receiver, personally I think that you should do the factory reset.

echelon
20-07-2011, 12:26 PM
I would save your channel list to usb stick , and start again , patching with the fix patch first using null modem cable , and factory reset afterwards

then load in the boxer feb 2011 patch by usb stick , and again factory reset afterwards

then load your channel list , turn on s+ and ucas , and add your HDsoftcam once more

then test it again

you should also ignore posts made by the odd member here who has no idea what you were talking about , clearly doesnt read what you have written ,and little to offer in the way of advice , especially as they do not actually own a spiderbox ;) maybe they should post at a more reasonable hour when they have had less "sauce"

honestjohn
20-07-2011, 04:01 PM
The update

I have noticed that it is struggling to respond not unlike a lack of memory in a pc and sometimes does not respond to remote which I have checked the batteries on and they are at 1.62Volts. I have also removed protective plastic over display panel incase it was that.

we are borg

Just a thought... My remote was also "slow" to respond, & I located the problem to the wireless "video Sender" unit, which is used to transmit Spiderbox Channels to upstairs TV.

I switched off the sender, & the remote then started to work perfectly.

There must be an interference between the frequencies used.

I just now have to remember to switch the sender on again, before watching TV upstairs.

Regards

Honest

we are borg
20-07-2011, 08:27 PM
it seems ok now so thanks to you all

we are borg

Aldo
20-07-2011, 08:57 PM
it seems ok now so thanks to you all

we are borg

Pleased to see that you have got it sorted. :respect-055: