PDA

View Full Version : different signals

blobchamp
20-07-2011, 01:44 PM
i have an 80cm fixed dish that is set to 08 west and with my technomate 1500 i am picking up a strong signal saying thor 2.3. 0.8west,because of the loss of channels on the technomate i have just bought a spiderbox 500.
i connected the spiderbox up to the dish expecting to pick up thor but instead i have got sirius 4.8east. i have been up the ladder trying to tweak the dish to pick up thor but cant find a signal. i am using a monoblock lnb and wondering if this could be the problem. also noticed on the spiderbox the thor channels are thor356 anyone with any ideas please.

satwyn
20-07-2011, 01:52 PM
.8w and 1w are vertually the same orbital position and both can be seen from the ground as 1 position with all but massive dishes your monoblock could be the problem they are usially used to receive two positions 6 degrees apart 19e 13e ect so if you only need thor try a singe output lnbf fixed on .8w

heathercar
20-07-2011, 04:09 PM
hi i take it your not using a meter to aline your dish or if you are its probably a cheap one the best thing you could do is position your tv so you can see it when your moving your dish .

if your picking up a signal from 4.8 on your mono when yo move your dish you should only need to move it a fraction to the the left thats if your stood in front of the dish face on you shouldnt need to move it very much maybe a centermeter at most you should be able to pick up a signal without having to move the dish up or down ie you should only need to move it straight across and then tweak it up or down

also try setting a manualy transponder on reciever to the same as bbc world news on 1 west check to see if its same in box as on lyngsat befor moving dish

Mickha
20-07-2011, 05:13 PM
If using a 6 degree monobloc then you could get 4.8E and 1W, all you needed to do was configure the Spiderbox to pick up both satellites.
Did you try scanning for 0.8W in the Spiderbox menu?

blobchamp
21-07-2011, 10:16 AM
been up the ladder yesterday and i've managed to get a signal of sig 65 and quality 95 by tweaking the dish,the problem i have now is when i do a blind scan on thor it reboots at 21% and nothing is saved. i tried to load the latest 5000sd list but that doesn't load to my box, database version or size is unmatched shows up. any ideas anyone please.

Wossname
21-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Mate I think you need to go to DisEcQ switch in the spiderbox menu and set first one to thor, second one to 4.8e.